After market bbsxx crank drive gear

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Great list, but you forgot about the bag or nylon gears for the BBSHD, or just the new super-strong plastic one:
or metal one if you don't mind the noise:

Reactions: Fordulike

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Not strictly after market parts, but spotted these Lekkie BB adapters which may be of use to peeps who like a bit of bling.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
1. Lekkie bling rings
2. The programming cable
3. The gear shift sensor
4. Eggrider LCD and programmable system
5. Lekkie buzz bars
6. Installation and maintenance tool
7. AeroShell Grease 22 (for final drive regreasing)
8. DPC-14 colour display (the voltage and current reading is a useful addition)
9. Bike stand (works great with BBSxx for maintenance)
10. Hydraulic/mechanical disc brake cut-off sensors
11. Anti chainsuck device
12. BBSHD motor protection

Thought I'd add the BBSHD motor protection, as I know how vunerable the cables can be that exit the motor housing. Some of you will probably be doing some serious off-roading with the BBSHD, so may be worth a punt.

Just need to find one suitable for my BBS02 o_O

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
One modification I always do is upgrade the supplied cap head screws to stainless versions. The standard cap heads seize, so sooner or later you’ll be having to drill & stud extract out.

Another suggestion would be semi-permanent thread lock of the 2 cap heads which hold the anti rotation rotation plate. There is a temptation to over torque these cap heads, resulting in stripping the aluminium threads.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
One modification I always do is upgrade the supplied cap head screws to stainless versions. The standard cap heads seize, so sooner or later you’ll be having to drill & stud extract out.

Another suggestion would be semi-permanent thread lock of the 2 cap heads which hold the anti rotation rotation plate. There is a temptation to over torque these cap heads, resulting in stripping the aluminium threads.
Stainless steel - yes I may well do that.

That's a very good point about the aluminium threads! Those could easily have been made a little deeper - I worried that I was going to strip mine. Don't know what fix could have been applied, rawplugs? Liquid metal? Epoxy?

Nicholas Hammond

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2018
Not strictly an aftermarket part but to my mind a useful safety addition to the handlebar controls. I have modified the wiring of a small motorcycle switch so the two switches are in series so either one will cut the circuit, the green is a momentary switch and the red a latching switch. There was also a sliding indicator switch which I removed. I have this connected to one of the brake switch connections. A dab on the green button when changing gear or press the red button to disable the motor until pressed again. Useful when doing a slow speed manoeuvre like a u turn when you don’t want the motor kicking in. Available on EBay very cheaply.21BC6664-710D-4455-BCCF-16DBD4A14E38.jpeg

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Not strictly an aftermarket part but to my mind a useful safety addition to the handlebar controls. I have modified the wiring of a small motorcycle switch so the two switches are in series so either one will cut the circuit, the green is a momentary switch and the red a latching switch. There was also a sliding indicator switch which I removed. I have this connected to the one of the brake switch connections. A dab on the green button when changing gear or press the red button to disable the motor until pressed again. Useful when doing a slow speed manoeuvre like a u turn when you don’t want the motor kicking in. Available on EBay very cheaply.View attachment 45257
Speeding up while trying to do a slow U-turn was a problem, so I changed the "Start Current" to 10%, did the trick.

That switch looks just the job for flashing my headlights at drivers, car-like. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicholas Hammond

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Not strictly an aftermarket part but to my mind a useful safety addition to the handlebar controls. I have modified the wiring of a small motorcycle switch so the two switches are in series so either one will cut the circuit, the green is a momentary switch and the red a latching switch. There was also a sliding indicator switch which I removed. I have this connected to the one of the brake switch connections. A dab on the green button when changing gear or press the red button to disable the motor until pressed again. Useful when doing a slow speed manoeuvre like a u turn when you don’t want the motor kicking in. Available on EBay very cheaply.View attachment 45257
Yep I’ve done this mod too - especially useful on 500w+ motors. I only use the green momentary though, the red operates a ‘full beam’ handlebar light

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
I have an addition (again)

Hydraulic brakes with built in brake sensor:

You need a HIGO to Bafang adapter also:

(If you don't cut and wire yourself. Problem with the brakes cables is that they are very short, like 2 dm so they will not reach as long as the original Bafang handle cables)

• Informative
Reactions: Fordulike