Are we ever going to get our Stevens (Bosch) bikes?

triumph_st

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
Leuven, Belgium
In oktober 2013 (!) I ordered a Stevens E Triton 45 for my wife and a Stevens E Caprile 45 NuVinci for myself.
Delivery promised for March 2014. End of March we get the message that due to delivery problems (Bosch?) delivery delayed until April. Today we get the message that Stevens is waiting for ‘European law’ and delivery will not be before end of May (Stevens factory Germany told my bike shop).
What the f**k? IF bikes will ever be delivered we will get almost outdated bikes.
Is this due to the 45 km/h motor? I doubt it.
Is Stevens telling tales and did they not the get enough Bosch motors and is now looking for excuses?
I’m glad I could buy a KTM E MTB on the internet so at least I could ride and enjoy the good weather of the past months.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Did you trt contacting the factory directly, or have all communications been through your dealer?

triumph_st

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
Leuven, Belgium
Did you trt contacting the factory directly, or have all communications been through your dealer?
Communication through dealer who spoke to his contact in the German factory.

D

Deleted member 4366

It might be worth talking to Stephens directly in case you get a different story.

triumph_st

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
Leuven, Belgium
Answer from Stevens Germany:

Hello Mr. Axxxxx,
the production of the 45er pedelec range is delayed due to the admission for the 45er Pedelecs
The german administration is quit slow – we still hope that we can start production end of this month

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rainer König
Stevens Vertriebs GmbH
Asbrookdamm 35
D-22115 Hamburg
Tel +49 40 716070-0
Fax +49 40 465314
info@stevensbikes.de
www.stevensbikes.de

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm guessing that means delay in delivery of the Bosch units. It's long been common knowledge that Bosch have struggled to match the success of their units with enough production to meet demand. Stevens haven't been the only e-bike maker embarrassed by this.

Andrew K

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2014
Edinburgh
I ordered a KTM macina cross plus on the 13th March (about 10 weeks ago) through Edinburgh Cycle Company and am still waiting for delivery. Neill who owns the bike shop tells me I'm not alone in waiting for delivery and that FLI who distribute the bikes don't seem able to give any definite dates. It's highly frustrating especially with the nice weather at the moment. Ho, hum wait another week or so and then start looking for an alternative if no bike arrives.

triumph_st

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
Leuven, Belgium
I ordered a KTM macina cross plus on the 13th March (about 10 weeks ago) through Edinburgh Cycle Company and am still waiting for delivery. Neill who owns the bike shop tells me I'm not alone in waiting for delivery and that FLI who distribute the bikes don't seem able to give any definite dates. It's highly frustrating especially with the nice weather at the moment. Ho, hum wait another week or so and then start looking for an alternative if no bike arrives.
Or order in Germany :) http://bikediscount.com/KTM-Macina-Cross-Plus-10-400

D

Deleted member 4366

Why don't you cancel your order and get a bike that is in stock?

I'm afraid thats simply not true, we can always give an expected date for any bike, because they have to be accurately put into the build schedule.

Granted this date can change because of supply problems with any of the components that the bike is built with.

Is your order for a KTM Macina Cross Plus 10, in gents 51cm?

if so I'll confirm the date that its due for you.

Regards
Col.

Andrew K

Mar 12, 2014
Edinburgh
I was told last week that bike was due for delivery yesterday. Way back in march was told around 6 weeks. I'm currently waiting for Edinburgh cycles to get back to me after I phoned this morning for an update. I probably should have taken d8veh's advice and chosen a bike in stock but having tried KTMs with active line (in stock) and performance line (out of stock) much preferred the latter and so was prepared to wait a few weeks. When I went for a test ride Neill at the shop was really helpful but I must admit it has been very difficult getting a definite delivery date from him. I've no idea really whether this is KTM's, FLI's or the bike shop's fault.

I was told last week that bike was due for delivery yesterday. Way back in march was told around 6 weeks. I'm currently waiting for Edinburgh cycles to get back to me after I phoned this morning for an update. I probably should have taken d8veh's advice and chosen a bike in stock but having tried KTMs with active line (in stock) and performance line (out of stock) much preferred the latter and so was prepared to wait a few weeks. When I went for a test ride Neill at the shop was really helpful but I must admit it has been very difficult getting a definite delivery date from him. I've no idea really whether this is KTM's, FLI's or the bike shop's fault.
hmmm, that is weird because the delivery date has never been yesterday. I think they are getting their orders confused. We did delivery a bike to them yesterday but it wasn't even an eBike.

ok.... we've just got off the phone to EBC.

Here are the facts for you, hopefully this will clear things up a bit.

The bike was ordered on 13th of March, and at that point the bike was due 30th April.(which matches the 6 weeks you were told)

on the 23rd April we issued EBC the invoice for them to pay, so the bike could be released and let them know the bike would be built early in May, pretty much as planned. (this gives them time to arrange the payment and for it to clear in our bank, so the bike can be shipped without delay)

We asked them to pay the invoice to ensure the bike would be released to them.

The invoice wasn't actually paid until 13th May, by which time I'm afraid the stock had been allocated to other dealers. We simply can't sit on stock for dealers who are proforma accounts for 2-3 weeks, because in a high % of times proforma dealers than cancel the order, as they can't afford the stock. So we have a 2 week limit on things. If its not paid within 2 weeks the order is allocated to another dealer.

The bike has now been paid for by EBC, but because the payment took so long the order is now allocated to the next build. Which is first week in July.

So I'm afraid there has been no movement of dates of available bikes, just the fact that the dealer missed out on the bike allocated to them because payment took so long.

The problem has been caused by the dealer not understanding they needed to pay to get the one allocated to them released.

I appreciate this leaves you without a bike, and we've once again tried to explain the systems to the dealer to other customers don't have this problem.

Could I offer you a loan bike to see you though June until your bike arrives? One thing I can promise you is that it will be worth the wait. The demand for the Performance Bosch systems has been so high, because its so good.

Let me know and I'll do my best to resolve this for you.

Cheers
Col.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Last edited:

Andrew K

Mar 12, 2014
Edinburgh
Col
Thanks a lot for helping to clear up the confusion. I paid the bike shop at the end of the first week in May just after he received your invoice so I guess between the two of us we just missed the window. I've spoken again to Neill at the Edinburgh cycle company and we're both now anticipating delivery in July (fingers crossed).

A loan bike would be great if that’s possible.

I'm not sure if the pedelecs forum is the best or most appropriate place for discussing this sort of problem but it certainly has been useful.

Reactions: flecc
Col
Thanks a lot for helping to clear up the confusion. I paid the bike shop at the end of the first week in May just after he received your invoice so I guess between the two of us we just missed the window. I've spoken again to Neill at the Edinburgh cycle company and we're both now anticipating delivery in July (fingers crossed).

A loan bike would be great if that’s possible.

I'm not sure if the pedelecs forum is the best or most appropriate place for discussing this sort of problem but it certainly has been useful.
yes, we agree its not ideal, and to be honest its one of the reasons we try not to deal direct with the public, because what we tell a dealer can often be different to what that dealer tells the end customer, for a massive range of reasons.

However in this case I just wanted to make sure you were aware of what had gone on.

The good news is that I've moved mountains with the guys in Austria, and we've pulled a bike from an order that was due to be shipped to a different country, but was just for stock - not an actual customer.

So this bike will be shipped on the next shipment to the UK (which should be Monday) so it'll be with ECC mid / end of next week.

I hope this resolves things for everyone!

Cheers
Col.

Andrew K

Mar 12, 2014
Edinburgh
Col thanks. That's fantastic. I'm looking forward to getting the new KTM and much reassured about future support.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
yes, we agree its not ideal, and to be honest its one of the reasons we try not to deal direct with the public, because what we tell a dealer can often be different to what that dealer tells the end customer, for a massive range of reasons.
Ultimately I think it's valuable Col, a response such as yours in this instance can do nothing but good for your company. Even when the outcome is not quite as good, the involvement and effort creates a very good impression.

When a customer is unhappy, the first thing they most want to see is that someone cares.