Bafang 36v or 48v BBS01b 250w mid-drive full kit - lowest price ever? - £230 inc. shipped from UK

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The settings on mine showed current set to 18 amps at 48v thats the same as the setting in the 500w version the 750watt is set to 24 amps
Aha! So that's where those are hiding! With that 250W engraving, it would pass a roadside copper inspection... if the speed limit was legal on the display - but they might throw the book at me if it was taken in for a thorough examination, after a serious accident; Nonetheless, tempting for a cargo bike...

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'm probably going to go down the 48v 250w route on a listed tdsz for my new cargo bike, went on a 402 mile round trip yesterday to pick up a little used immaculate 18 month old Kona Ute in a beautiful Burgundy colour.
I have an option of using either a Bafang cst or a akm128c from one of my other bikes but have decided mid drive will likely be best for this one.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'm probably going to go down the 48v 250w route on a listed tdsz for my new cargo bike, went on a 402 mile round trip yesterday to pick up a little used immaculate 18 month old Kona Ute in a beautiful Burgundy colour.
I have an option of using either a Bafang cst or a akm128c from one of my other bikes but have decided mid drive will likely be best for this one.
Kona Utes are very well-made cargo bikes! Capable of heavy loads:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Ute is a similar price to the Mundo, the Big dummy is another though is 1k dearer to buy.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The Ute is a similar price to the Mundo, the Big dummy is another though is 1k dearer to buy.
The Kona Ute will get you out of many a sticky situation while carrying honey, it'll look sweet doing it too! Have you got the large pannier bag? Big tubing on the frame inspires confidence.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The cavernous bags are a std fit on later bikes so yes I have them.
I reckon I can fit 3 decent carrier bags of shopping in each one compared to normal panniers that can only take one bag each. I have a bakers tray that can sit on the rear deck to carry extra items and of course the 1m x 0.6m flat bed carryfreedom to tow behind it. Each side is approx. 50L in volume.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The cavernous bags are a std fit on later bikes so yes I have them.
It's great that they're standard now.

I have a bakers tray that can sit on the rear deck to carry extra items
Hey I've got one of those in the loft! Was wondering what to do with it ;)

That's a very large volume of honey and stuff! Are you absolutely certain that the 250W 48v Tongsheng will be up to the job?

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Should be more then ample 48v x 15a is 720watts of power with the nice low gearing no problem. If one can ride unpowered then some extra power is only an advantage and the Tongsheng is approx. 6 or 7X the power I can out put.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Should be more then ample 48v x 15a is 720watts of power with the nice low gearing no problem. If one can ride unpowered then some extra power is only an advantage and the Tongsheng is approx. 6 or 7X the power I can out put.
I'm really looking forward to seeing a photo of your fully loaded and electrified honey haulage ensemble.

Gorillazilla

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 9, 2021
Was browsing Aliexpress and stumbled on this deal. Already run this kit on one of my bikes, but at this price, I decided to buy one as a spare, or for a future project. I purchased my last kit from this seller, and no issues, so was comfortable buying again. Shipped from their UK warehouse, mine just arrived 4 days after ordering. No duty/tax etc to pay.

A few conditions to get this price, (although still the best price by far even without fee free credit card and topcashback)

1. go through topcashback.co.uk, sign up if you haven't already got an account, they offer 5% cashback with Aliexpress. Once clicked through from Topcashback..
2. replace URL with https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32976874713.html? in browser
3. Select options required (500C-H display), and either 36v or 48v version, and select ship from China
4. Apply discount code 8AESELETED19 at checkout ($19 discount)
5. Also pay for the item in $ using a commission/fee free credit card.

This price is ONLY for the full kit with the 500C-H display, everything you need (bar a battery), all other display options are much more expensive. The seller ships from the UK despite selecting China, mine delivered by DPD. Plenty of freebies included in the kit, including Bafang install spanner, headlight, crank puller tool etc.

Hope this helps someone

View attachment 44543
Looks like discount code 8AESELETED19 is no longer valid, is there an up to date discount code?

Gakusei69

Nov 3, 2019
The settings on mine showed current set to 18 amps at 48v thats the same as the setting in the 500w version the 750watt is set to 24 amps
I know I need the usb cable to check the settings, but do I also need a battery too?

Ideally I want to check the settings before spending £400 on a 48v battery

Thanks

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Using discount Hotukdeals30d brings it in at $308 delivered. Go through topcashback who are offering 13% cashback today, pay in $ with fee free card, this is now works out £200 after all that...tempted to buy another !

bobbyo

Nov 9, 2021
I ordered mine from here.. the tracking says they have shipped it from a warehouse in Germany, despite me clarifying with them that it would be shipped from their UK warehouse. Fingers crossed I don't get hit with a customs charge, I wouldn't be too pleased.