bafang bbs for coaster-brake

Hello
I have a get a new toy I like to share, a bafang bbs coaster-brake motor
I´m not a fan of coaster-brakes but apperently a lot of people waiting for a coaster-brake middrive conversion-kit

as always on my website you can fínd more details for this motor, from outside it look like a standard bbs but axle and pas is different

regards
frank

Attachments

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hi Frank,

Thank you for the advanced information on the BBT torque sensor (coaster brake) version.

Does it still also have the throttle override facility?

Hi shemozzle,

bafang bbs hasn´t torque-sensor only max-drive is with torque-sensor

Throttle connector depends on the controller, which version the retailer order at the factory, in germany usualy is no throttle connector because the user don´t like it but in Uk or US throttle is popular so I guess the retailer in Uk or US order with throttle connector

regards
frank

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
My apologies Frank it looked like a twin hall phase detection circuit similar to a torque detection system.

Can you please explain how it works?

Hello shemozzle,

the Ring is just a pas magnetic fields inside like the pas at the normal BBS only that here is two rings for a maybe faster reaction or one ring is for the forward pedal and the other one for reward use the coaster-brake because the electronic need for this a signal

If you watch the magnetic ring under a special lens you can see the fields but here are much more as just 6 or 12 simple magnet´s

regards
frank

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: trex

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
As I see it from your description on your website:

The removal of the freewheel on the chain wheel to allow the motor to be switched off via the new detection pcb by back pedaling and therefore allowing activation of the coaster brake but I assume the rider has to have positive foot pressure on the cranks at all times when forward pedaling for the motor to be switched on via the new detection pcb similar to the torque systems.

If while pedaling the rider cannot keep up with the cadence of the pedals the motor will switch off - is that how it works- if so, high speed journeys could be a pain if you cannot keep up with the high cadence rate of the motor.

Last edited:
Reactions: trex
I assume the rider has to have positive foot pressure on the cranks at all times when forward pedaling for the motor to be switched on
yeab this description is correct and for this I don´t like the motor. Sorry I couldn´t describe with my littel english;-(
Of course it works for coaster-brake but it is just a cheap chinese solution for a coaster-brake bike but not a good one.
Thats also the reason why I say you must setup 9 steps for the controller to find always the right balance between foodpressure and speed.

I would say this motor has no future, we bought 5pcs to check them out and I´m sure there will be no further order on this Motor

regards
frank

Reactions: shemozzle999

Bspace

Just Joined
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
yeab this description is correct and for this I don´t like the motor. Sorry I couldn´t describe with my littel english;-(
Of course it works for coaster-brake but it is just a cheap chinese solution for a coaster-brake bike but not a good one.
Thats also the reason why I say you must setup 9 steps for the controller to find always the right balance between foodpressure and speed.

I would say this motor has no future, we bought 5pcs to check them out and I´m sure there will be no further order on this Motor

regards
frank
hi I am very interested in purchasing your coaster brake motor kit. Are you producing them? Where can I get more information?

Thank you for your time

Eric