bafang crank drive kits

D

Deleted member 4366

The important thing with an ebike is not the type of motor nor the type of pedal sensor. It's the control system. The cpu in the controller reads the sensors (throttle, torque sensor, crank-speed sensor, brake sensor) and uses algorithms in the software to regulate the power to the motor.

Some controllers have bad algorithms, where the torque sensor is only used as a switch to switch the power on or off. Others have good algorithms that give the power just how you want it from either a throttle or a crank-speed sensor.

The right control system would completely transform the bike you tried with the 8Fun motor. The latest controllers from Kunteng have very nice algorithms that make basic hub-motors very pleasant to ride. There's virtually no latency from a pedal speed sensor, so you get instant on/off control with a realistic ramp to the current, which gives very good control of the power.

To summarise, you cannot judge all motors or systems by trying one sample. The controller is the most important component to give the control you want over your ebike, not the motor or crank sensor.

At only 71kg without significant hills, and wanting a speed of only 25km/h, any hub-motor system should be able to give you what you want.

I would recommend the 260 rpm 36v Q100H with this battery/controller kit from BMSBattery. BMSB have lots of other battery options that you could use with the S06S controller and S-LCD3
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-battery/777-36v145ah-case-08-bottle-panasonic-battery-pack-battery.html

I guess there's lots of other kits available where you live

D

Deleted member 4366

You can get them from many suppliers. The uppliers never say who makes their controllers, so you have to learn to recognise them or the LCDs that go with them. Most of the controllers ftom BMSBattery are KT, particularly those prefixed by "S" and the ones integrated with the batteries. In the UK, Pandabikes.

Reactions: KirstinS

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Ahh, in that case I already own two !

One from each but as my hall sensors are knackered the bms one is useless to me (for now anyway)

Bartek

Just Joined
Aug 21, 2015
I've read that TSDZ2 (also konown as SFM DU 250) has a build-in controller and there are some positive opinions about this kit but very few. So I wonder if someone has this engine and can write how it works?