Bafang Max Drive bikes

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A
Only downside to the monte capro is the battery in the frame should you need to upgrade or replace it,
Agree. Until these become more commonplace in the UK that's a fair consideration. The beauty of most bafang equipped bikes is the ability to source very reasonably priced spare or replacement batteries. Or easily upgrade.

The 2 year warranty on the Freego Martin Sport and their finance deals must make it a contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How are reviews and feedback from people who have had to call upon the Freego warranty?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Agree. Until these become more commonplace in the UK that's a fair consideration. The beauty of most bafang equipped bikes is the ability to source very reasonably priced spare or replacement batteries. Or easily upgrade.
I think this is the same Chinese battery and down tube used by Oxygen, Axis, Juicy Bike etc etc.

You should have no trouble sourcing them in the UK.

All the best, David

I think this is the same Chinese battery and down tube used by Oxygen, Axis, Juicy Bike etc etc.

You should have no trouble sourcing them in the UK.

All the best, David
Splendid. Uniform design shared amongst a number of UK suppliers provides sound future proofing. Great to hear. :)

I have had to. There were a few loose spokes on the rear wheel, and they sent the dealer a whole new wheel inc tyre and cassette within 24 hours! Cannot fault them on it.

Top drawer. :)

FreeGo are excellent when it comes to Warranty work, I was a Director with them for nearly two years, both FreeGo and Wisper have the same ethics when it comes to service and support.

All the best, David
I've heard that from others too.
Reassuring to know, especially when you have elderly relatives aboard. :)

Utakos

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 13, 2017
Norfolk
@PhilYerBoots how is the bike especially the size?
I was very tempted with the Wisper 905 torque, especially the one in the clearance section but did prefer the assistance the Bafang mid drive gave.
@Amps, do you have anything new coming out this year worth of me waiting a little longer?

Darryl Milligan

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 8, 2016
Wallasey, Wirral
In fact, my crank arms came a bit loose today, so rather than risk stripping the shaft coming from the motor, I took it to the local dealer to tighten.....He rang Freego, and there will be a whole new set of crank arms, nuts etc at the dealers by tomorrow! I only wanted it bloody tightening. Well worth that little bit extra for a backup service like that.

Last edited:

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
I'm off to see Jimmy tomorrow to drop my Battery pack off, getting it stripped out and panasonic GA cells fitted, large continuous discharge and capacity to get rid of the sag,high continuous discharge bms, cells welded together with copper rather than nickel ,or steel plated nickel, to get the low resistance pack required , AH should be way up from the 10.4 to somewhere in region of 17ah I'll have to wait till he sees my present pack ,thinks maybe the present battery,even though Samsung, is a cheap there you go it's got power jobby like a lot of off the shelf mass produced units. only downside is it's going to cost me a Kidney to pay for it, worst scenario I may be forced to work a day or 2 overtime.

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011