wooshbikes.co.uk
huge? More than the bike?;)

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Utakos

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 13, 2017
Norfolk
I offered my local dealer cash and got a good discount. He does all the warranty work. Ask Freego where your nearest "service centre" is as you are in thinking of buying one. Remember they will want your sale, so should come to an arrangement.
Freego would not budge on price and my local dealer (great person let my try out quite a few bikes) was unable to drop the price. My number 1 bike out of all of them was the Haibike Sduro, I thought that the Yamaha drive gave the best response and kicked in where it mattered most (bafang was a close second) but at the time the Haibikes were out of my price range, now that Freego are reaching the Haibike Sduro Hardseven price range its making me think twice about getting a Freego.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
If you are still undecided, have a look at a bike with the MTB 8000 Shimano motor, in my opinion the best of the bunch, even better than the Bosch CX.

All the best, David

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Alias_Knagg

Mar 27, 2017
Norway
Hello people.

I just had to abandon my Max Drive plans as I ended up with a steel frame instead of aluminium, but I wanted to leave a tip that you can get the mounting bracket separately for just 30$ + shipping.

That way you could get the cutting and welding done first before committing the full amount.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/36V-250W-C961-BBS01-8fun-bafang-mid-crank-drive-motor-ebike-kit-36V-11Ah-lithium-ion/1314442_32339817398.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.Kum90S

Shipping is horrendous compared to the part at the moment, but I was just asked what I *would* be willing to pay. I think they might be persuaded to ship much more affordably or even free with China Post, but as I'm on another track entirely now, I'll leave that persuading to someone else :)

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
Hello people.

I just had to abandon my Max Drive plans as I ended up with a steel frame instead of aluminium, but I wanted to leave a tip that you can get the mounting bracket separately for just 30$ + shipping.

That way you could get the cutting and welding done first before committing the full amount.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/36V-250W-C961-BBS01-8fun-bafang-mid-crank-drive-motor-ebike-kit-36V-11Ah-lithium-ion/1314442_32339817398.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.Kum90S

Shipping is horrendous compared to the part at the moment, but I was just asked what I *would* be willing to pay. I think they might be persuaded to ship much more affordably or even free with China Post, but as I'm on another track entirely now, I'll leave that persuading to someone else :)
It would be a fairly simple task to make replica mounting from steel and fit to your standard frame, welding is also a lot simpler/ easier to a steel frame, aluminium is a right pain once painted /treated , although I know of a company that doers aluminium welds for me very cheaply, I'm looking forward to the 1000w Ultra Drive being released to market, its dimensions are only 2mm different to 250/350w units.
The Max Drive is extremely popular in China but little known elsewhere, spares are available for the drive now , but only from Australia, we have to hope that Bafang Europe (NL) start making the spares and units available to all ,

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
spares are available for the drive now , but only from Australia, we have to hope that Bafang Europe (NL) start making the spares and units available to all ,
Agreed - I just got hit for Vat, Import Duty and handling charge from TNT for my replacement controller from Australia. Made it somewhat expensive!

Bafang China did not even respond to my request asking where I could get a replacement controller from in Europe.

Alias_Knagg

Mar 27, 2017
Norway
It would be a fairly simple task to make replica mounting from steel and fit to your standard frame, welding is also a lot simpler/ easier to a steel frame, aluminium is a right pain once painted /treated , although I know of a company that doers aluminium welds for me very cheaply, I'm looking forward to the 1000w Ultra Drive being released to market, its dimensions are only 2mm different to 250/350w units.
The Max Drive is extremely popular in China but little known elsewhere, spares are available for the drive now , but only from Australia, we have to hope that Bafang Europe (NL) start making the spares and units available to all ,
I did consider making a replica for a moment, but as I have not actually seen the max drive IRL, I have no idea what sort of precision would be required.
I would think there are mating surfaces that need to be flat and parallel and correctly spaced..
I guess one could use the motor as a template. Bolt some small steel tabs to it, connect those by welding, then fill in the spaces and then try make that whole thing look non-fugly by diegrinder or something..
Another approach would be to "grip" the alu bracket in a steel bracket. That would probably have a higher chance of success by a non-pro.

I have both a MIG and an and oxy-acetylene torch in my little workshop so I could probably pull off both of those approaches, but I'd leave the actual frame welding or alu-welding to a pro.
On the other hand I'm looking for a bike, preferably before the season is too far gone, and not another escalating full time hobby :)

About the max drive's popularity there seems to be quite a lot of bikes based on it coming this season here in Norway. I spoke to a guy recently that apparently expected a container this week.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Max drive available at $420 for the bare motor form PSPower , bottom shell + $30.

Last edited:

Alias_Knagg

Mar 27, 2017
Norway
Max drive available at $420 for the bare motor form PSPower , bottom shell + $30.
Never mind the PM, I found them.

Its psWpower.
http://www.pswpower.com

I believe that's the same vendor I linked to under a different name.
http://www.elifebike.com
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1314442

Note the phone and fax numbers at the bottom of the page.
They also both map to the IP 139.217.27.203
and they also have very similar whois registrants :)

Registrant Organization: steven deng
Registrant Street: Guang zhou baiyun district
Registrant City: chenzhou city

Registrant Name: Deng Steven
Registrant Organization: DengRenZhi
Registrant Street: Guang Dong Province DongGuan City Da Lang Town
Registrant City: Dong Guan City

It would seem they like to operate with a wee bit of compartmentalization..
I wonder what else they are up to..

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yep apologies, I misspelt the name.
They are the same company.
Elifebike tends to have the basic items listed and hub motos whilst PSW tend to have the newer items, crank drives and the better/nicer controller options.

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
  • Informative
Reactions: redcup1999

Johncon

Jul 6, 2017
Sweden
Hi guys. Just got a bike with this motor on, the markings at the bottom are 33.250 250w 14a
The manual specs says 250w and 80nm torque.

Is it definitive that the motors are all the same (350w capable)?

Can someone post screens from the programming tabs taken from a 350w version?

Also: Its go a 38T chainring (Mtb) Where do I find bigger sized (what standard is it)

Thx in advanced!

Last edited:

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011
Hi guys. Just got a bike with this motor on, the markings at the bottom are 33.250 250w 14a

Also: Its go a 38T chainring (Mtb) Where do I find bigger sized (what standard is it)

Thx in advanced!
Hi our greenway have 33.350 motor on them, all difference we believe is that our 350 controllers are 25amp max the 250 is a 20 amp, they are set real low at 14amp and with a keep current of around 20% to get mileage out of the battery, mine is now running 22amps with a keep current at 80% I also run a 48t chainring , I still have the 38t on the inside and run the 48t in place of the ring guard,so I can swap if terrain gets real bad , works perfect , lines up better for the high speed road use too, hammers the standard battery if you give the bike the beans, I have upgraded my battery to a 17ah GA celled battery from Jimmy at insat, I still get sag , but I think that is the oversensitive display on the bike rather than the cells.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: Johncon

Ultrafunkula

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2011

Thx in advanced!
Also check out our greenway cross city pages on this forum .

Reactions: Johncon

Johncon

Jul 6, 2017
Sweden
Cool Thx for info!
I checked with the Norwegian guy and his motor had also the MM G330.350.

Thing is my motor (MMg350.250) had the same controller as him and the same Current setting at 20A.

I had assist level a tad lower than his about 20% lower on 1-4.
Keep current at 30% decay at 4.

I’m more than pleased with bike I does anything I could ask. Pulls the trailer with 2 kids without hesitation on steep climbs.;)

It has a 38T (is a mtb) and peaks 36-37 km/h without struggle. Tops 46 but I have to pedal a lot harder. 35 is fine in the city though.

If they are the same motors I doubt I would put a the other controller? I’m already at 20a (stock setting)
I already upped keep current to 50% and next step is to set decay at 6 instead of 4.
As I want to have power at higher cadence. I’m I right?

D

Deleted member 4366

I still get sag , but I think that is the oversensitive display on the bike rather than the cells.
The display can't show the sag more than it is by being over-sensitive. In other LCDs/controllers, they're damped so that they don't show the ups and down when using power.

GA cells are a bit saggy, especially if you're running at 22A. The sag is about 0.5v per amp per cell, so if you have a 50 cell battery, that would be 2.2v or 2.75v for 40 cells.

• Informative
Reactions: Ultrafunkula

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hi our greenway have 33.350 motor on them, all difference we believe is that our 350 controllers are 25amp max the 250 is a 20 amp, they are set real low at 14amp and with a keep current of around 20% to get mileage out of the battery, mine is now running 22amps with a keep current at 80% I also run a 48t chainring , I still have the 38t on the inside and run the 48t in place of the ring guard,so I can swap if terrain gets real bad , works perfect , lines up better for the high speed road use too, hammers the standard battery if you give the bike the beans, I have upgraded my battery to a 17ah GA celled battery from Jimmy at insat, I still get sag , but I think that is the oversensitive display on the bike rather than the cells.
No you still get sag because you have privileged distance over power, you want at least 30Qs if not HD2s with a 22 Amp controller and those motors. You only get 15 Ah for the same number of cells but 60 A or 80 A current on tap. What is the BMS Amp rating?

I have nuked a bottle battery with my GSM at 15 Amps! These motors draw max Amps differently than hub motors do - maybe they ramp up quicker? Maybe they sustain current draw over longer periods? In any case they eat weak batteries for lunch...