Bafang SWX02-C Motor

Domm

Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2016
Sussex
Oh Bafang have some different 250Watt rear-cst´s
If you give me your mailaddress I can send you the complete salesbrochure from Bafang.
I made photo from each page and there you can see also the measurement of each motors
A lot of different motor-drawings you can also find on my friend´s website in China:

http://www.woaczh.com/show_list.php?id=3

regards
frank
Yes they do several and I have to say I was/am completely baffled at the differences between all the choices as it's not clear on their website at all!

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Yes they do several and I have to say I was/am completely baffled at the differences between all the choices as it's not clear on their website at all!
The Bafang website is not a great place to try and choose a motor as they do not sell to the public. Look around different sellers to see what they offer and make your choice from them.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi everybody
It's first time I find concrete information about BAFANG motors.
My recumbent bike (26") is fit with a hub motor
BFSWX02 36V26 1504073020-6, a 13Ah SAMSUNG BATTERY & a display
C302-1503-C987 36V - V2.6C

There is no apart controller, I only find an electronic cards inside the battery and it seems there are some electrical connections inside the supporting rail of the battery.

The system is driven by a magnet sensors fixed on the crankset, really not accurate and sensitive. My question is about the potential of the motor: knowing the part number of the BAFANG, could everyone tell me the max speed of this hub motor ? In fact I would like to replace the magnet sensor by a torque sensor and ride easily up to 40-45km/h

Best regards

The hub motor (space between the spokes) will have some writing lasered on, with the writing will be a number for example like this ( 13 ). Tell us the number and we can ascertain the motor winding in RPM and the speed it may attain.

The bikes controller will most likely be at the base of the battery rail, it should have three round wire cables that emerge at the bottom end of it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The BMSB TS kit is 15a for 36 & 48v version. I did see a 18a TS kit on Aliexpress.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
BMS Battery in the link are in China. The Cycle Analyst is a clever bit of kit and the latest version will run a TS, but you will need a controller that is wired to work with it, something like an Infineon or Phaserunner. EM3EV in China sell these parts.
https://em3ev.com/shop/?prod_cat_=ebike-display
A Cycle Analyst does require that a controller features a specific 6-pin CA connector, but this connector can be added to any controller if you're handy with a soldering iron and not afraid of a little DIY.

Techtonic

Just Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Hi
Here is my mail address : tof;cout
Hi Frank
Thanks for the doc
here is my mail: tof.courtois@gmail.com
Best regards
Christophe

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Reactions: wheeliepete

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Thanks, I've been looking for an excuse to use a CA for a while and now it has evolved a bit to include extra features I think I've got one.:D

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Thanks, I've been looking for an excuse to use a CA for a while and now it has evolved a bit to include extra features I think I've got one.:D
It's the CAv3 you need, NOT v2. Firmware v3.1+ is highly desirable due to improved ease of configuration. Make sure it either has v3.1 preinstalled, or includes a programming cable so you may update the firmware yourself.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Cheers Daniel, yes i guessed it was v3.1 to go for. Will have to do some reading up on parts like ex. shunts as I've only really done plug and play up to now. Nice to know the CA has become easier to configure as I tried reading about it a couple of years ago, but found it all a bit much to understand on top of everything else I was trying to learn about ebikes. Hopefully now I have a bit more knowledge it won't be.

Damian.Doherty

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Derry, Ireland
This may be the thread I've been looking for, I currently ride a Woosh Rio MTB. It has a 36v battery, a 17a Lishui controller and the Bafang SWX02 motor.

I've found a 48v battery which will fit in my frame

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/e-bike-reention-dorado-battery-48v-17-5ah/425500276.html

and the only thing I need to find now is a new controller. *(as far as I know)

Can anyone recommend one for me?

Again, looking for more speed! I'm riding the bike unrestricted at 15 amps and it runs out of steam at about 20mph.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your Rio and Woosh in general use Luishi controllers these are not usually available on the open market so you will need a new controller and lcd to go with it. 17/20a @ 48v should be plenty, a 25a jobbie will probably be a bit to much though all can be limited if KT is used vai the lcd.

Larger 9 fet SW controller it is 25a but can be limited amps wise.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ebike-Brushless-Controller-36V-48v-500W-9-Mosfet-KT-Sine-Wave-Controller/253946414941?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Or go for the smaller 6 fet models, this one is 20a.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36V-48V-250W-350W-Ebike-Electric-Bicycle-Brushless-Sine-Wave-Controller-Module/123493289145

There ar other cheaper lcd/controller combo's most are 12 -15a .

The Rio will have Julet cabling so they are not compatible so you will need to look for Julet controller combo's.

Julet 22a KT.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/36V-48V22A-Electric-bicycle-standard-sinewave-controller-Light-function-water-tightness-cable-KT-Series-500W-conversion/32857864688.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.29e02e0e3WNCsJ

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Be careful about using an torque sensor on a standard Chinese controller with A Cycle Analyst. For it to work properly, you need current control on the throttle input, but none of them have that. I tried it, and the results were not that good. Even after a lot of tweaking, I couldn't get the sensitivity right. Different controllers have different software for determining the power from the throttle position, so maybe another controller might have been better.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You are a star, that's all the info I've been trying to get all day.

Is that controller compatible with the LCD I already have or do I have to get another?
You will need a KT lcd3 for a KT controller, haven't used a LCD5 or 8 so not sure how configurable they are when it comes to the C parameter settings.

Sell your current Luishi controller and lcd as a pair to recoup some cash, they are rare to find for sale so should fetch good money as a matching combo.

Another option is to wait until April when Woosh will have 17a, 36 & 48v torque drive Hollowtech crank kit available for hubs. The torque kit needs no separate controller or pas as it's all integrated in the chain wheel design, just buy a compatible lcd from them. If it's Luishi controller ? then you can keep your one.

Last edited:

Damian.Doherty

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Derry, Ireland
That's interesting, where did you read about these new kits coming to Woosh? I've just been on their site and I don't see anything listed.

If I decide to go ahead with Plan A then I need to buy:

1. New 48 volt battery
2. 22a KT controller with Julet connecters
3. KT LCD3

and do I also need

4. a new thumb or twist throttle?
5. new cadence sensor
6. new brake sensors

Will everything else I have on the bike be compatible with the new controller?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That's interesting, where did you read about these new kits coming to Woosh? I've just been on their site and I don't see anything listed.

If I decide to go ahead with Plan A then I need to buy:

1. New 48 volt battery
2. 22a KT controller with Julet connecters
3. KT LCD3

and do I also need

4. a new thumb or twist throttle?
5. new cadence sensor
6. new brake sensors

Will everything else I have on the bike be compatible with the new controller?
The new kit is on this thread:

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/could-you-give-me-your-opinion-on-this-kit.33596/#post-479228

They will be on sale in April.
It's easy to fit the new kit on your Rio MTB, you remove the crankset, fit the new one, reconnect the battery and the motor.
All done in about 10 minutes.