Bafang swxk wiring confusion

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
What do folk do with all the excess cable flapping around on a kit install? I've managed to stuff the connectors into the controller box (I had to force them as there was hardly any room) but now have miles of cable hanging loose. Thanks.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Hi jonathan,

Pedelease also sell this kit they show instructions for setting up the LCD on the link below - they say you need to set parameters P09=0 and P10=1 on the LCD for the motor to run on throttle only without the PAS i.e. the magnet disc and sensor.

http://pedalease.co.uk/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=13172304
Hi Shemozzle,

Do you know what the setting is for PAS only mode? I've a feeling your technical Chinglish is better than mine, and my effort just now resulted in the bike nearly shooting across the room without any PAS or throttle input ;-)

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to have the throttle connected when you switch on, to prevent that.

D

Deleted member 4366

I have a couple of controllers that made the motor go if there was no throttle connected. Most have a safety system that looks out for that and won't give power until it sees zero throttle. You could try shorting the throttle signal wire to ground if you want to run with PAS only connected.

Reactions: jonathan75

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
I have a couple of controllers that made the motor go if there was no throttle connected. Most have a safety system that looks out for that and won't give power until it sees zero throttle. You could try shorting the throttle signal wire to ground if you want to run with PAS only connected.
Thanks D8veh.

Edit - removed throttle, set display settings to 09:0 and 10:2 for dual PAS/throttle operation (per this link, thanks Shermozzle), and PAS only now works, albeit there is a small throttle error symbol message on the display (which I am happy to ignore). And of course the PAS only works pedalling backwards. But that is remediable.

Looking good.

Attachments

Last edited:

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hi Shemozzle,

Do you know what the setting is for PAS only mode? I've a feeling your technical Chinglish is better than mine, and my effort just now resulted in the bike nearly shooting across the room without any PAS or throttle input ;-)
Hi jonathan,

I could be wrong but the way it reads to me is:

PAS only: P9=0, P10=0

Throttle only: P9=0, P10=1

Combined PAS/Throttle: P9=1, P10=2

Reactions: jonathan75

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
I'm having a bit of difficulty with the settings. On PAS mode the motor only wants to kick in after several seconds of pedalling. This is no good because my knees have flared up. Would anyone please know which of the below settings seems right to make the PAS assistance start much more quickly? TIA.

upload_2015-5-26_16-54-22.jpeg

D

Deleted member 4366

Something isn't right. The PAS should start nearly straight away. There's no setting to change that. Is the magnet disc close to the sensor and is it fixed to the spindle so that it turns round with it?

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Thanks D8veh. Yes to both - although the sensor had to be jerry-rigged with cable ties because the bottom bracket was too wide for the PAS sensor ring to fit over. It might be slightly too distant from the magnet disc - but it can't sit flush with it as it's partially bent backwards diagonally unfortunately. So I think you might have correctly identified the problem.

Today I fitted a hand throttle (on the wrong side naturally), which has helped.

There is another problem. I have set the speed on the display to max 25kph however, the bike is not interested, and just goes right up to 20mph. Is there a way of restricting it properly?

D

Deleted member 4366

Do you have the white wire loop on your controller?