battery and controller in a rucksack?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I vote for frame sack rather than backpack. Having moved everything to a bag on my rack I have said goodbye to a sweaty back! Today it was about 32-34°C and not having a sweaty back is a definite plus.

Reactions: Ash77

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Would second the use of a frame bag or pannier. I recently spoke to a friend at work who used to ho mountain biking socially. His mates have stopped doing it after one of them came off wearing a rucksac and landed on his back damaging his back. The ongoing injuries plus the pressures of work have stopped them going out now, and none of them use a rucksack when cycling anymore.

It's always worth asking yourself - if you come off your bike are you wearing anything that could increase your chances of serious injury.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Today I added a frame bag for the controller, my under-seat bag was getting in the way for stuff on the rack. It is big enough to hold the frame lock chain as well which pleased me. Now I don't need a rack bag when popping out for a city ride and I don't want to bring all my kit with me. And very convenient when going fishing with the trailor, I don't have to take the rack bag off and carry it down the rocks to my fishing spots...