Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is the LCD showing as normal?

I can only think that you might not have aligned the arrows on the display connector, when connecting the display back to controller.

Edit: One other thing I can think of, is that you forgot to read your controller info first. You've opened up the controller program, which appears to default all parameters to 10, then write flashed that to the controller.
Lcd works fine arrows checked and lined up before pushing together, no error commands either.
Have not used write flash at all, just 'read' and 'write'.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Just out of interest what does 'write flash' and ' read flash' do ?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I'd reconnect back to the laptop/PC and individually write all the individual parameters that worked before, or Bafang's factory settings.

Do this for each section, Basic, Pedal Assist and Throttle Handle.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Just out of interest what does 'write flash' and ' read flash' do ?
Don't quote me, but I think it bulk reads and writes all three programming sections together, instead of individual pages.

That's why I thought you may have accidently write flashed 10's in the Pedal Assist and Throttle Handle sections.

Reactions: brightonebikes

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Ok going out to try programming back to all original factory settings in the hope of some life.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
No luck !!! Back to sq one.
Can see new controller no2 being ordered soon :eek:.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:):) Yay, it breathes fire again !!!. What a Knob (notice cap K).
Bloody brake magnet has dislodged, how often do we say to peeps about cut off brake or pas sensor being an issue yet when we have an issue we overlook our own advice.
Off out with cable again now to play with settings again.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Unfortunately, it does sound like the controller has blown. Same thing happened to me on my BBS02, but that was due to Bafang fitting crap MOSFETs on their original design controller.

Now they fit upgraded ones that can dissipate the heat better, among other things. Not sure if they did the same to the BBS01, but it does look like Bafang are trying to phase that model out.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I had to have a sit down and put my Spock logic cap on and the only thing I could think of was brake sensing. After blowing the original controller and fitting the new one I reprogrammed it but have not been out on it yet, so I new it was something silly but couldn't see it starring me in the face.

I had to have a sit down and put my Spock logic cap on and the only thing I could think of was brake sensing. After blowing the original controller and fitting the new one I reprogrammed it but have not been out on it yet, so I new it was something silly but couldn't see it starring me in the face.
Phew! So all is in fact well after all. Good :)

Unfortunately, it does sound like the controller has blown. Same thing happened to me on my BBS02, but that was due to Bafang fitting crap MOSFETs on their original design controller.

Now they fit upgraded ones that can dissipate the heat better, among other things. Not sure if they did the same to the BBS01, but it does look like Bafang are trying to phase that model out.
The latest BBS01 36V 250W I have seen (manufacture date June 2016) do have a slightly revised design, now with 'Bafang' opposed to '8FUN' on the side, controller is slightly different shape/fit. On the underside of the casing it now states BBS01B.

• Informative
Reactions: Fordulike