Help! BBS02 Build help advice needed

Jaxter

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2020
Thanks for that. I've never tried a Fiido or BBS02 - I imagine if my BBS01B was on steroids, it'd be like the BBS02. My BBS01B conquers all hills, but more slowly.

...and that's the magic of 20" folding bikes :cool: Despite having bought locks, I take my bike in everywhere.

I haven't seen a folder converted with a TSDZ2. I think mine is the only 20" wheeled BBS01B folding bike conversion on this forum.
I have actually never folded my d4s since it was brought i got no garage or shed and just roll it into the front room of the house, hasnt been an issue as we stripped it all out when we had new heating system fitted and my decorating skills are probably as bad as my diy skills so the mrs will do it, but shes constantly trying to fit 48 hours into a 24 hour day so cant see that being any time soon.
I did get a telling so ur going to have 2 bikes ? so it could become an issue but i will cross that bridge when it comes, I have ordered the programming cable as i rad through the thread and when you said difficulty doing u turns exact same problem im having.
I wont get to mess until the weekend cant wait.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I have ordered the programming cable as i rad through the thread and when you said difficulty doing u turns exact same problem im having.
I wont get to mess until the weekend cant wait.
Definitely upload screenshots of your settings before making changes. There are a few Bafang mid-drive owners here. I wouldn't increase the controller's current limit, as far as I know most Yose batteries use cheap Chinese battery cells... therefore pushing them wouldn't be safe.

Jaxter

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2020
Definitely upload screenshots of your settings before making changes. There are a few Bafang mid-drive owners here. I wouldn't increase the controller's current limit, as far as I know most Yose batteries use cheap Chinese battery cells... therefore pushing them wouldn't be safe.
I just want to smooth out that jerkiness and override the throttle being locked to the pas speed anything else is a bonus.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I just want to smooth out that jerkiness and override the throttle being locked to the pas speed anything else is a bonus.
Throttles can also stress batteries, depending on how much current they're enabling the use of - it's one of the reasons why I removed mine. I want my battery to live forever, but of course it can't.

Jaxter

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2020
I have definitely noticed im peddling way more on the bafang then i do on my fiido, i really only use throttle to get started unfortunately its a must as the bikes just so high if i try a peddle only start im wobbling all over the place.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I've got used to gearing down ahead of time before stopping. Then I rip up through the gears after I start pedalling, and there are no crunches because on my bike the gear sensor disengages power swiftly between gear changes - from what others have reported on this forum, that doesn't work as well on their bikes. I do miss having a throttle when starting uphill... which is when I sometimes have to turn, go downhill a short distance before turning to power back up.

I replaced all outer cable housings - I'm wondering if my using this outer cable with a "Kevlar internal layer" has made my gear shifts faster? Fast gear changes might be easier for the gear sensor to detect? After cutting the outer cable to size, I opened the ends out a bit, to ensure free movement of the internal gear cable (Jagwire stainless steel gear cable looked the smoothest) and filed the cut wire of the outer cable housing smooth, before inserting aluminium ferrules and sealing both ends of the gear sensor with self-amalgamating rubber tape, to keep water and dust out.

On the other hand, all of the stuff above about cables could be completely irrelevant, and old Dahons could simply be great bikes :D

Last edited:
Reactions: egroover

Jaxter

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2020
well oppurtunity knocks, out of work early home showered and programming cable has arrived, going by this guide here https://edrivenet.com/bafang-programming/
I am a going to use his default profile for the 750w 48v motor and see how i get on, wish me luck

First reprogramming seemed to go smooth as butter, now to disconnect from pc get suited and booted and take for a test run.

Well the reprograming worked out great went out and tested for a while all that jerkiness has been smoothed out i love it.
Unfortunately i have just run into a problem i reprogrammed then charged the bike to full, went out the battery percentage said 87 percent left which seemed high as i was riding for a good while mainly pas, now ive gor home and plugged the charger into battery and im getting no life from charger as in no red light to say its charging, help

Ok i came across this thread https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/charger-light-wont-come-on.39586/
and they suggested pulling the wire with the travel adapter and replacing with standard uk kettle plug, so i did and happy days it worked.

Last edited: