Befang 250w for my hybrid bike ??? Newbee help

D

Deleted member 4366

If you haven't got a rim tape, use insulating tape. Without it the tube will pop suddenly. Don't risk it.

Reactions: Robert Doyle

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
Hillsborough Northern Ireland
H
If you haven't got a rim tape, use insulating tape. Without it the tube will pop suddenly. Don't risk it.
hi d8veh
My wheel is so badly out of true I couldn't even try if I wanted to :( I've tested everything and everything seems to be ok except my pas sensor , the magnetic disc won't spin when the crank is tightened it's getting squashedbut I loosened it just to check it was working ok , I heard other people have installed it on the non drive side but my bb doent have a lip on that side to hold the sensor on , can I reverse my bb ? For fitting on non drive side ? First pic is of non drive side it's loosened , sorry for being a pain , rob

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

There's a few options. To mount it on the other side, you unscrew the BB a few threads and hold the sensor on with a lock-ring, which will lock the BB in place:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REPLACEMENT-24-TPI-BOTTOM-BRACKET-LOCK-RING-IN-SILVER-/271206943287?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item3f25318a37

You can cut the middle out of the magnet disc and epoxy it to the inner chainring. Make sure that it will be the right distance from the sensor.

You can upgrade to a Shimano M590 hollowtech crank, and at the same time increase your gearing with a bigger chainwheel for more comfortable pedalling. From £50.

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
There's a few options. To mount it on the other side, you unscrew the BB a few threads and hold the sensor on with a lock-ring, which will lock the BB in place:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REPLACEMENT-24-TPI-BOTTOM-BRACKET-LOCK-RING-IN-SILVER-/271206943287?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item3f25318a37

You can cut the middle out of the magnet disc and epoxy it to the inner chainring. Make sure that it will be the right distance from the sensor.

You can upgrade to a Shimano M590 hollowtech crank, and at the same time increase your gearing with a bigger chainwheel for more comfortable pedalling. From £50.
Thanks for that link mate it looks the way for me to go maybe :) does it just screw on to the few threads I loosen ? I already have a 48 t large ring so I'm ok on that score :) but if I really need a new crank I suppose I got too . I was thinking of grinding the offending part down a little on the crank aswell , well getting a friend to do it , would that work ? Also putting it on with some epoxy is a good idea . Il let you know how I get on !
Cheers again
Rob

D

Deleted member 4366

Unscrew the BB a few turns. Place the sensor bracket on it. Screw it in or out until there's two threads sticking out. Screw on the lock-ring, and nip it up.

You can remove about 1mm from each side of the disc, but the thinner you make it, the more likely it is to slip. It mustn't touch the BB otherwise it will start to slip.

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
Unscrew the BB a few turns. Place the sensor bracket on it. Screw it in or out until there's two threads sticking out. Screw on the lock-ring, and nip it up.

You can remove about 1mm from each side of the disc, but the thinner you make it, the more likely it is to slip. It mustn't touch the BB otherwise it will start to slip.
Thanks for that mate it could make my life a whole lot easier if it works , I will buy one now because I didn't want to fit the rest of my kit yet as I use my bike everyday and my wheel needs trued and I'm not confident I will do a good enough safe job so lbs will be asked to true it for me also the wireing is so tight I want to get my sensor on before fitting the battery ,and I simply don't think I want to use my bike without the pas . Thanks again . Rob :)

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to give them your bike to get the wheel trued, otherwise it might be lovely and true, but not centred in your frame.