Befang 250w for my hybrid bike ??? Newbee help

D

Deleted member 4366

They're very easy to remove if you have those two tools, otherwise virtually impossible.

Reactions: Robert Doyle

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
Hillsborough Northern Ireland
Hi guys
I bought the BB and crank removal tools already took apart and back together again just to see how easy it was , I decided to get the qswxk5 kit with 10.4 ah bottle battery here is the link
http://www.bmsbattery.com/ebike-kits/574-bafang-250watts-front-driving-qswxk-motor-e-bike-kit.html

I have been in constant contact with Rita on live help bms battery , her English is excellent and I have been happy so far I ordered on 14th of May and I'm assured delivery will be on tuesday 27th so I'm exited ;) I got a pair if torque arms and a few other bits and peices spoke tool and stuff extra throttles and a few other bits so I will post the build , I must say , Rita from bms battery has given me great customer service ;) thanks guys

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
Sorry forgot to say I just seen on bms battery that they have a new bottle battery in , 11.6ah 36v Panasonic 18650 cells inside , looks good ;) I think I will buy one after my kit arrives along with the 36v 15ah 03case and rack , ;) the 36v 11.6 ah battery is here

http://www.bmsbattery.com/36v/676-bottle-ebike-battery.html

I think I will go for s06s controller next time as I went for the built in s06p , I'm not sure if I can over volt the built in one ? I'm sure d8veh might know , I think you got one of the same battery's I bought ? Can the built in s06p be modified ? Would it handle 44v like KirstinS done on his ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Those built in SO6 controllers are encapsulated to make them weatherproof, so you can't modify them in any way, nor repair them. They should be OK with 44v volt, but how are you going to over-volt it with a bottle battery. The only option is a booster pack.

If you want more current, you can always chuck the controller, and use an external one.

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply D8veh ;) yea I was thinking booster pack like KirstinS done so I can use the booster when required , I have looked everywhere on a few forums and google to find out about the built in controller with no luck , I seen a thread somewhere that said you had this battery , is it possible to wire an external controller to that battery ? Cheers !
Robert

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, of course. There's a little compartment in the base of the battery. Under 4 screws and the whole controller comes out. It hangs from the two battery wires that have connectors, so you can disconnect and remove it. The short battery wires are fixed by ring terminals. You can unscrew them and fix your own wires, or you can use the leads and their bullet connectors.

D

Deleted member 4366

That was the wrong photo I showed before, so I deleted it. Also, what I described is the top-loading bottle battery with the spring-loaded contacts.

This is the side-loading 11.6aH type like you indicated above, which are slightly different, but the idea is the same. You just need to cut the red and black wires and join them to your new controller.

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
Aww you got an 11.6ah one , are they good ;) ? I'm gonna buy one I ordered before bms had them for sale , also I love the bottle battery style but I'm going to buy a 03 style 36v 15ah but I don't like the racks , but I seen a few bikes your built stealthy looking with a sort of rack that looks like it attaches to the seat post I think and that is what sways me toward it ;) thanks for the pic D8veh that looks really easy now I've seen that , I will buy the s06s external controller , will my battery handle the shunt mod with a booster battery ? I love how KirstinS relayed his results to everyone , I wonder what blew his bms ? Was it the booster pack maybe ? I will have to ask him . I am a pedeler I will probably never use throttle only I bought the hwbs like you advised I'm exited and I can solder , only my iron has blown after 15 years use lol I need to invest in a new one , I know I'm only a junior member but I really appreciate your help :) and all the info here and on ES , if I go well on my build , next one is for my missus ;) I will have a few battery's so when I buy her kit I will have a choice of battery's ;) thank you again ! Rob

D

Deleted member 4366

The battery itself can give a lot of current, but I think it's limited to 20 amps by the BMS. That should be enough anyway. It should work fine with a booster.

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
Hi all
Sorry I haven't been back for a while my kit came by TNT today and I've just got my hands on it now :) on quick inspectionaround 10 spokes were totally loose and the rest just loose so I have went around the wheel with the spoke tool but I'm thinking it may not be just as easy as that lol , haven't put the wheel on the bike yet as I'm only home and just fiddling making sure wiring is ok and what fits where ? Ok so a few wires don't match but all the reds & blacks do so I'm assuming ok , BUT
Can anyone tell me what to do with the 5 wires coming from the motor wire do I just tape them up for use with an external controller ? Pics included ,
One pic of controller and the other pic has the five wires I'm talking about there is a big white square connectorblock supplied for them but nowhere to plug into the controller , it's my first build so il take my time tonight and make sure everything is done correctly , I forgot to buy rim tape so looks like il not get a test ride until I get some :( ,
Cheers
Rob

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

You get the letter about the duty in about three weeks time, so don't celebrate just yet.

Looks like you got the SO6P controller, which is sensorless. It doesn't need hall sensors to work, so you can leave those 5 wires dangling or tape them up. They're not connected to anything, so no chance of sparking or anything like that. Don't lose the white block. Some time in the future, you might want to try a hall sensor controller like the SO6S for which it's needed.

Robert Doyle

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2014
You get the letter about the duty in about three weeks time, so don't celebrate just yet.

Looks like you got the SO6P controller, which is sensorless. It doesn't need hall sensors to work, so you can leave those 5 wires dangling or tape them up. They're not connected to anything, so no chance of sparking or anything like that. Don't lose the white block. Some time in the future, you might want to try a hall sensor controller like the SO6S for which it's needed.
Aww cheers I will just tape them up for now then , thanks for getting back so quickly :) I'm not too worried about the tax tbh , I'm well seasonedto buying from china & Hong Kong by now , just they always make me pay before I receive an item ,
Il have a go tonight , I'm not sure if I should get my local bike shop to give my wheel the once over for safety though since I've never played with spokes in my life , got a old spare tube here il stick on just for a test drive until I get some rim tape :)
Cheers d8veh