Best seller for the Bafang BBS01B?

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Does the BBSHD have the voltage and wattage etched onto the motor?
Does the BBSHD have the voltage and wattage etched onto the motor?
its printed on the bottom in white paint.quite small.it rubs off easily with a bit of wet and dry. a stroke of black paint an youd never know there was anything there,especially once theres scratches an dirt all over.if ur particularly bothered u can cover the whole flat bottom of the motor with a sticker.then paint over.that way you cld revert if you ever had to send it back for some reason. unlikely tho as the bbs motors are solid, esp the bbshd its built to take a direct nuclear strike,thats why its the choice of hot rodders. the bbs range anyway have the serial number on the controller but not volt and wattage.thats the only part that has issues when abused .not the controller on the bbshd tho its a different beast.

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
its printed on the bottom in white paint.quite small.it rubs off easily with a bit of wet and dry. a stroke of black paint an youd never know there was anything there,especially once theres scratches an dirt all over.if ur particularly bothered u can cover the whole flat bottom of the motor with a sticker.then paint over.that way you cld revert if you ever had to send it back for some reason. unlikely tho as the bbs motors are solid, esp the bbshd its built to take a direct nuclear strike,thats why its the choice of hot rodders. the bbs range anyway have the serial number on the controller but not volt and wattage.thats the only part that has issues when abused .not the controller on the bbshd tho its a different beast.
I really want that one but am a little bit concerned about using it on the road. It would cost me about £1150 to convert my bike including a 48v 17.5ah battery, new wheels for disc brakes, hydraulic calipers and a new rear shifter.

Brighton bikes do the BBS01B ETM model for £800 with a 14ah battery, which would keep me legal although the NM is only 100 compared to 160 for the BBSHD.

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
I've got less than zero interest in doing 40mph on a pushbike though, I'm not a motorbike fan at all, 22mph is all I want, and good hill climbing ability.

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
I've had this bike quite a while and it just feels perfect for me, so it's better to keep it rather than doing a new build.

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
was thinking of doing the frame orange and the forks black though, like a KTM! but that could just be an unnecessary expense.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Agree, you can't beat a bike that you are already riding and feels comfortable. You should be able to find a wheel set easily and cheaply, and basic Shimano hydraulic brakes can be had for around £40 new.

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
I was watching a video with this guy on a 1000w bmx flying about the place constantly looking like he was going to fall off and my first thoughts were...f**k that!

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
I've got less than zero interest in doing 40mph on a pushbike though, I'm not a motorbike fan at all, 22mph is all I want, and good hill climbing ability.
well you asked ,so u have the information.whatever u decide u will get what u pay for . You can reach and cruise at 22mph with ease, in the lowest PAS settings on a HD and have all that extra power in reserve. best with 52v .you can use standard brakes on any E bike as the motors stopped when ur braking. The etm upgrade sounds a good choice if u want to stay legal.The samsung 35E cells in a 4p battery (the one u mention)will provide 32amps constant,according to the stats.

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
well you asked ,so u have the information.whatever u decide u will get what u pay for . You can reach and cruise at 22mph with ease, in the lowest PAS settings on a HD and have all that extra power in reserve. best with 52v .you can use standard brakes on any E bike as the motors stopped when ur braking. The etm upgrade sounds a good choice if u want to stay legal.The samsung 35E cells in a 4p battery (the one u mention)will provide 32amps constant,according to the stats.
Do you use your BBSHD on the road?

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Do you use your BBSHD on the road?
yeah more of the time than trails ,but i have chunky mtb tyres on it all the same.im not bothered about squeezing a tiny bit of extra speed/economy out of it.it can still go well over 30mph on the flat when i want it to.

loads of people on here have bikes over the uk limit,they are commonly discussed. i believe theres never been a case of anyone being prosecuted in the uk.stopped and asked to turn their bike upside down to inspect the motor.plod doesnt have a clue or interest in electric bikes.just be sensible and dont whizz by one at 30mph on throttle only scattering pedestrians and u be fine. i too was a bit paranoid with the 350watt bbs01 and slapped a bit of paint over where its printed. havent even bothered with the HD.most of its scratched off anyway.

Reactions: Kinninvie

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Oh yes BBSHD ... 250w 36v.. wot of course officer... says just here, look ....

DSC04054.JPG

*cough*
ebay
*cough*

Reactions: Kinninvie

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
Nice! Why did you put one other the logo aswell?

I'm actually not fussed about the police, I was more worried about accidents