Best seller for the Bafang BBS01B?

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
Hi,

I've decided to get a legal 250w 36v BBS01B, but am struggling with who to buy it from.

Yosepower don't have any in stock, pswpower do but they are based in china and ship from berlin, they charge £300 delivered but if it goes wrong you have to send it to China.
MAF scooters do it for £345 delivered but I don't know which display it comes with, really I want the 965 display.
Eclipse bikes charge £345 plus postage which is nominal, but I worry about getting hold of them if it goes wrong as I have heard on here they are tricky to get hold of?

Any other suggestions or experience of the above would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Eclipse can be a bit slow to respond, but do get back to you, prob quicker than any chinese vendor, apart from EM3EV, who are excellent, but no longer sell the 250w. Woosh sells the BBS01 with various battery options and his CS is spot on. Everybody is looking for the best deal they can get, but you must realise that warranty and good CS are not free, they are built into the price you pay. £300 from China and you are on your own, £379 from Woosh with all the help and assistance you need plus a warranty that you can call on should you need to.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Simples get one from Woosh bikes or opt for the TSDZ.

If you want the very high torque 25a ETM version look at Brighton ebikes.

• Agree
Reactions: wheeliepete

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I emailed woosh several days ago, but they haven't responded.
I always responded within a day.
what was the subject line? I can search my mailbox.

Are you markry*?

Reactions: sparkysx

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Everybody is looking for the best deal they can get, but you must realise that warranty and good CS are not free, they are built into the price you pay. £300 from China and you are on your own, £379 from Woosh with all the help and assistance you need plus a warranty that you can call on should you need to.
Hear hear!

There's no way around the fact that good customer service & support costs money. Cheap(er) prices usually means means corners have to be cut. Be careful not to be penny wise and pound foolish.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Is the TSDZ better? I'd love the ETM version, but it's quite dear!
From what I've read, the TSDZ2 drive sounds like a nice, well built unit, although i havn't tried it myself. It's 48v and torque sensored, so similar to the bikes you have tried. Woosh has only recently started selling it, and I think he's quite careful in his selection of products, which suggests to me that it's of good quality. There's a long active thread on Endless Sphere about it's real time use.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79788
I think the BBS ETM is a BBS01 with a BBS02 controller and poss. motor fitted to it, although i can't be sure. Make enquires with Brighton Ebikes if it's of interest to you.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Hi,

I've decided to get a legal 250w 36v BBS01B, but am struggling with who to buy it from.

Yosepower don't have any in stock, pswpower do but they are based in china and ship from berlin, they charge £300 delivered but if it goes wrong you have to send it to China.
MAF scooters do it for £345 delivered but I don't know which display it comes with, really I want the 965 display.
Eclipse bikes charge £345 plus postage which is nominal, but I worry about getting hold of them if it goes wrong as I have heard on here they are tricky to get hold of?

Any other suggestions or experience of the above would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou
eclipse warranty support is good.i had a throttle play up from rain.replaced straight away.controller issue from the wet throttle.sent in, tested and replaced along with the bus cable that developed a fault.

my 52volt shark pack 5p14s (70 cells) means u cld cram a 7p10s 36v in one of those, so id advise that if you can afford.if u get the 3500ma panasonic GA cells thats 24.5AH ! Those cells will not get anyway strained at 15amps in a 7p. you can run around all day on max assist with 100% 'keep current' programmed ,an never lose that big grin.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ken J

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
all good advice, I'll probably go with the bbs01b as the TSDZ2 seems quite loud. How are the bbs01b's when you pedal, what does it feel like compared to a bosch or the rear suntour hub on a carrera crossfire I had?

thanks!

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
probably a 36v hailong 13ah, unless I go with Tony's Bafang 250w 48v hub kit, I'm undecided on whether to go with mid drive or rear??????? I like the idea that the mid drive kit could be put on a bike with any wheelsize, where as the hub will only fit a 26" bike.

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
probably a 36v hailong 13ah, unless I go with Tony's Bafang 250w 48v hub kit, I'm undecided on whether to go with mid drive or rear??????? I like the idea that the mid drive kit could be put on a bike with any wheelsize, where as the hub will only fit a 26" bike.
Yes its good to have a kit you can move from one bike to another. Remember it will come with economy programmed in.Depending on the vendor as to what but a virtual certainty the keep current will be 60%. Despite what u read it will pretty much be giving this all the time,not just when peddling at high cadence. So max PAS 15amps will really be 9.5amps.Buy a programming cable and the max capacity battery u can stretch to.You dont want to be constrained from enjoying full potential because u cheaped out on the battery.A lot of these guys claiming 1000 mile range from a 10ah battery are strong riders using low assist .

Last edited:

sparkysx

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2019
I'm just going to being using it round town most of the time with the occasional trek out into the countryside, 30 miles would be the absolute most I would be doing. Which battery would you suggest, I only really like the bottle shape and hailong shape, don't want some massive thing.

thanks!!!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
From what I've read, the TSDZ2 drive sounds like a nice, well built unit, although i havn't tried it myself.
all good advice, I'll probably go with the bbs01b as the TSDZ2 seems quite loud.
I recorded the sound of the TSDZ2 for you.
It's quieter than the Bafang BBS01B and BBS02B. The TSDZ2 motor is smaller but spins twice as fast (Bafang 2000 RPM, TSDZ2 4000 RPM).