'Bike' car

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
They used to go for buttons about then. I frequented car auctions in the late sixties long before many members of the public went to them, and I was very tempted by a lovely Daimler hearse that went for forty quid. I know you have to multiply that by about twelve or fifteen times now but it was very cheap for that car.

They do keep them in very good order too and they don't usually drive em very fast...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Strangely enough, more than 50 years ago, my father had a Rolls Royce hearse. He was never an undertaker he just bought it. No one knows why, especially my mother. It was used many times to house a card school with a few shillings at stake.

Maybe that's why I'm unorthodox and do daft things like race buses uphill on my Typhoon.

Hatti! get it bought, you know you REALLY want to. :)

They enjoyed a period of popularity in the 1970s and early 1980s in general ownership, and some imported American ones complete with external ornamental lanterns around the rear section.

An old high roof, full windowed hearse repainted in suitable colours would be ideal for Hatti, acting as a mobile showroom as well as a transporter, not to mention the publicity value. If it was me I wouldn't hesitate.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Some great suggestions and food for thought - I am seriously wanting to change the old Hatmobile. And sorry Kudos Dave, I'm not about to kick the bucket (or hope not) so the hearse is probably out for now.
. But I will have a look at the Peugeot and Chrysler specs, definitely.
Thanks everyone.
Hatti

Reactions: rippedupno1

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
But we want you in the hearse Hattie

(front seat obviously)

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
I have an old shape Picasso and it fits mine and the ladies bike, and the littluns. The seats fold forward and can be taken out too. Cost me 800 quid

PzPhil

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 19, 2014
I've seen an ex-hearse down our way used to carry surfboards - made a change from the ubiquitous VW T4/T5 vans.