Bike kits

Moon2

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 19, 2014
Guildford
Thanks for the reply and advice, sorry about the pic, after connecting the led display and changing mode, the motor started working, also got everything hooked up and running in a test, now going to put everything together.

Any advice on the metal ring? More or less just stuck it on now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

The metal ring is supposed to be clamped behind the bottom bracket flange, which means that you have to remove the chain-wheel and bottom bracket for which you need special tools. Could you take two photos of your bottom bracket to show what''s there and how much space there is. Take one from each side . The photo on the chain-wheel side should be parallel to the direction of the bike, and the one on the other side about 45 deg so that we can see which type of BB you have.

D

Deleted member 4366

I can't see your BB because you've covered it with the magnet disc, and the photo of the chain-wheel side is at the wrong angle. Can you take another one at 90 deg, i.e. from the front of the bike so that I can see the gap behind the chain-, and then another one on the other side like the one that shoes the magnet disc, but do it without the magnet disc there.

Moon2

Jan 19, 2014
Guildford
Thanks for the help d8veh, I tried a test run with the pedal sensor on and I think I prefer just using the throttle when I need it. It's a lot noisier than I was expecting though and steering seems to have changed more than I thought has well but I'm happy :) thanks guys.

Moon2

Jan 19, 2014
Guildford
Just tried it properly today, it's great :) ... may still fit the sensor afterwards, I'll put up the pics.