Bosch Battery Service Centre Recommendations - mail order?

D

Deleted member 25121

I think we all agree:
  • Some poor parts (motors/batteries) are designed and made in China
    • and very likely used on the Dohiker
  • Some good parts (motors/batteries) are designed and made in China
    • and used by Woosh and many others
  • Some good parts (motors/batteries) are designed in Europe and made in China
    • including Bosch
  • Relatively few bikes for European market are assembled in China (due to tariffs).
Yes, that sums up my view exactly but Woosh seems to think that all Chinese bikes and parts are good quality.

• Disagree
Reactions: Amoto65

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yes, that sums up my view exactly but Woosh seems to think that all Chinese bikes and parts are good quality.
that's a distorted representation of my thinking.
Some members usually make blanket remarks. Some are reasonably valid such as 'buy cheap buy twice' but some are just plain wrong 'Chinese bikes are rubbish'.
It's like cookery. A good cook can make a decent meal out of cheaper ingredients but will produce outstanding result from high quality ingredients.
There is always market differentiation, regardless of the country of origin.

• Agree
D

Deleted member 25121

Who has said that 'Chinese bikes are rubbish'?

I have made the comment that 'It's just that many people prefer to buy cheap Chinese crap, and there's nothing wrong with that. '

Some members have chosen to misinterpret that, I wonder why???

• Disagree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I know you don't specifically aim at all Chinese e-bikes, but the words do have associative values. 'cheap Chinese crap ' sounds indeed like a generalisation.

D

Deleted member 25121

I know you don't specifically aim at all Chinese e-bikes, but the words do have associative values. 'cheap Chinese crap ' sounds indeed like a generalisation.
I was referring to some of the cheap crap bikes coming out of China. It's yourself who's made the generalisation.

Would you prefer we didn't mention "cheap Chinese crap" at all?

• Disagree