Bosch Classic about to die?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
hope it came with instructions my lbs would not have a clue where to start with fixing that.

seems simple enough tho ;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
hope it came with instructions my lbs would not have a clue where to start with fixing that.

seems simple enough tho ;)
Well we shall see..
They also told me bosch is likely to bring in an exchange scheme where long term owners can exchange power units at a massive discount.
Dongled bikes excluded of course.... lol.

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Dongled bikes excluded of course.... lol.

only problem is bosch cant tell if a dongle has been used, get more errors from nyon pmsl;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my real name is not soundwave tho ;) and i have all the paper work from the person that bought it b4 me ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no because id take the motor off and send it in my self.

pcg will sell me a new motor dongle or not just have to send in mine first.

lasted this long with 1 so dont see any reason it will not last another 2 years ;)

first thing i found b4 i bought 1 was to find the motors just in case ;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
no because id take the motor off and send it in my self.

pcg will sell me a new motor dongle or not just have to send in mine first.

lasted this long with 1 so dont see any reason it will not last another 2 years ;)

first thing i found b4 i bought 1 was to find the motors just in case ;)
That would be full priced motor. Yes? Lbs is telling me they might be half priced. Don't know where information is coming from but they have been to some sort of seminar come training thing.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yes full price atm ;(

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
It was a bearing that failed on my Bosch Activeline, luckily entire drive unit replaced under warranty....by Ilkley cycles. They are a Bosch approved repairer.

Phill, have tried to email them ? I have sent a few emails over the last week but no replies....wonder if email address wrong on their website....back to old tech. - phone next time :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
dealers dont fix the motors under warranty they just send them back and fit the new 1.

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
Yes, they just packaged it up and sent it back to MAGURA, who sent out a complete new drive unit....

You would think that they would hold uk stock of parts/ replacement dream ve units -assuming that lots of Bosch equipped bikes are sold in the uk????

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
dealer voids warranty if they open the motor case as all they can do is run the diagnostic software they have and thats it.

utter madness if you ask me i cant even buy a new motor less i send mine back first.

also dont care if a dongle has been used or it been on fire as long as i pay and send mine in.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
And pigs will fly... Bosch probably don't care too much about the UK market. From talking with fellow riders here they don't give a damn about France where they have sold more bikes...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
same in Germany as well bosch seem to want to **** of everybody regarding fixing motor problems why phill is so lucky to get a repair kit for his motor other than court action.

not as a bearing costs much is it :rolleyes:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
If they don't care abot the home market...

I heard that Yamaha make half decent motors for pedelecs, what if we drop Bosch and only buy Yamaha powered bikes...

That is how a company loses market share. Speak with your wallets!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
cant find any parts for those either only you can get a new 1 and not have to send in the 1 you have 650 euro.

buy now id thought china would have copied all the parts and have fake 1s on ebay as well as batts but none there.

same with the software like no 1 has hacked this yet ???? i want to plug in my lap top and change the motors power settings ect like a car can.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Thanks for all this.
I will never by a Botch.
Me neither, perhaps if we advise every potential new customer who asks the "which bike to buy" question and we advise them not to buy a Bosch bike, Bosch will do something about their poor customer support, especially for motors now outside warranty.

Reactions: mike killay

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Me neither, perhaps if we advise every potential new customer who asks the "which bike to buy" question and we advise them not to buy a Bosch bike, Bosch will do something about their poor customer support, especially for motors now outside warranty.
Took mine in to lbs, they ordered the parts from bosch rep. told me they have the bits to fix mine on Tuesday but for some reason I haven't heard anything yet.. not sure why they are dragging their heels. But the fact that the have acquired spare parts must mean things have changed.
Even with all this i would buy and have bought another bosch.
It has been a great bike fir the last 3 years and hopefully will continue for a goodly bit longer.