Bosch Classic about to die?

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Indeed Phill there does seem to be hope that things are improving,
I hope that Bosch UK man is on the case and can put in place the necessary parts support to avoid a scenario where Bosch bikes could actually be scrapped because the cost of replacing a broken Bosch motor is deemed uneconomical.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Indeed Phill there does seem to be hope that things are improving,
I hope that Bosch UK man is on the case and can put in place the necessary parts support to avoid a scenario where Bosch bikes could actually be scrapped because the cost of replacing a broken Bosch motor is deemed uneconomical.
Arggh.
I spoke too soon....
This kit won't fix the bike and no more parts are available.
[emoji22]

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
whats wrong with it?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
did the kit not have new bearings then?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
bit naff they cant tell you what needs replacing or the lbs just not want to try fix it then be liable if it goes wrong again???

will they send you the kit back with the motor

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
thats cheap for a new motor ;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Well,
would you call it good customer service?
As I bought it from them 3 years ago and had a new one on order they offered to stump up part of the cost..
Seems like a good resolution to a bad problem.
At least if I decide to sell it I can do so with a clear conscience and the buyer will get a good bike..

Reactions: soundwave

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Unlike in the Volt thread... Ilkley Cycles may not be totally up to speed compared to the more specialized outlets, but in this case they are really making an effort to sort this out and I have to credit them for this...

It would have been so easy for them to say, sorry mate but its knackered..

Not referring to Volt bikes here , just the specific dealer mentioned in the other thread.

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Phill

I've been following this thread with great interest.
It could so easily have been me.
The performance line motor on my Cube started to clonk quietly and intermittently earlier this year. There was some play in the cranks.
About 4 weeks ago the bearings suddenly broke up completely and I had to push the bike home.
This happened about a month before the two year warranty expired.
My supplier (RaceCo Cycles of Stourbridge) were very apologetic - and surprised - and were brilliant. No questions or ifs or buts. Took it off, sent it back to Germany. Three weeks later they couriered it back for me with a brand new motor. Amazing service.

It could have been very different though if it had happened a month or so later.

I think it's a great shame that Bosch can produce such an amazing and sophisticated bit of kit ( I like it so much I even bought a second bike a few weeks ago ), and yet, as evidenced by this thread, leave their UK customers in a very unhappy scenario if anything goes wrong more than two years down the line.

This with bikes that can cost over four grand!!!

IF ANY UK BOSCH DEALER, AND THERE ARE SEVERAL THAT CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FORUM, WOULD LIKE TO RESPOND I WOULD BE REALLY PLEASED FOR SOME INPUT.

I wouldn't have though it beyond the realms of possibility for UK dealers to put pressure on Bosch to acknowledge there is a general need throughout the UK for help with issues occurring on Ebikes powered by their engines after the warranty expires.

I stress, a general UK wide system, not a system dependent on one good original supplier.

I think we all accept we have to pay to have stuff repaired in due course, but surely we have the right to have somewhere convenient to ourselves to take it to.

When my old VW has problems I don't have to think "Is there anywhere in the UK that can help me out with this? Will I have to have a new engine? Will I be without the car for more than three weeks?"

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
phill if you get the old motor back strip it down and sell every part of it on ebay.;)

Reactions: falmouthtony