Brand New BBS02B...PAS not working

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Not voltage sag, it's the controller thinking your cruising when in PAS ( different in throttle mode, that's user on demand), mines a 17.5ah Samsung bat and drops about 2v when maxed (then rises when backed off) .
Same problem here a 40t is great for hills (but slow), a 44t is a good medium (I have both), but a 50t or more would be great for flatter terrain cycling. .the problem is the lack of torque from the BBS01B, raising the chainring size will put undue heat into the motor on inclines, drawing loads of amps but unable to accelerate or maintain a constant, so producing excess heat...and then something will break/ burn out.
Cheers, I'll look out for that, but I can't say that it has ever happened to me.

I've got a 52T chainwheel and and 11T at the back, manages hills ok (slowly) but I would much rather get to about 30mph on the flats without frantic cadence, but only occasionally. And if the motor or controller burns, I'll get another one. It's a Bafang, they're cheap to repair or replace :) I'll eventually find a happy medium. Spare parts will be available for years, after Bafang stop making them.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Not voltage sag, it's the controller thinking your cruising when in PAS ( different in throttle mode, that's user on demand), mines a 17.5ah Samsung bat and drops about 2v when maxed (then rises when backed off) .
Same problem here a 40t is great for hills (but slow), a 44t is a good medium (I have both), but a 50t or more would be great for flatter terrain cycling. .the problem is the lack of torque from the BBS01B, raising the chainring size will put undue heat into the motor on inclines, drawing loads of amps but unable to accelerate or maintain a constant, so producing excess heat...and then something will break/ burn out.
I don't believe the seller of my battery re: 25A, by the way - he may be trying to get my battery killed, so he can sell me another one, or something. I'll open it up, inspect the cells and attempt a proper calculation, when the warranty runs out in a few months - till then, I'll go up in 1A steps, to be on the safe side.

Last edited: