Brexit,actually the UK has come out rather well.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
lol and there we have it... the defense of someone who has no defense.

You've given a number of reasons, all now proven to be simply incorrect.

So you've resorted to the " you lost, we won" classic.

and you wonder why the people in power are trying to work out a way to get around this vote, when its clearly based on this kind of logic.
Anyway. I didnt realise i was defending my position. I thought this was just a friendly discussion...

Anyway. I didnt realise i was defending my position. I thought this was just a friendly discussion...
It is a friendly discussion, but you have to realise your vote effected 60 million people in the UK, plus the millions of UK citizens currently living in the EU who are currently super worried about their position and their health care.

So I'm sorry if you take it personally, that people like me challenge you to justify your vote.

We're all trying to grasp the motivation because I suspect I'm not alone in wanting to find a positive. But when you like others use things like "control immigration" etc etc as reasoning I'm afraid it all gets a bit frustrating.

VictoryV

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2012
near Biggleswade
It is a friendly discussion, but you have to realise your vote effected 60 million people in the UK, plus the millions of UK citizens currently living in the EU who are currently super worried about their position and their health care.

So I'm sorry if you take it personally, that people like me challenge you to justify your vote.

We're all trying to grasp the motivation because I suspect I'm not alone in wanting to find a positive. But when you like others use things like "control immigration" etc etc as reasoning I'm afraid it all gets a bit frustrating.
Especially since Boris & Nigel jumped ship as soon as they "won" and did not want anything to do with Brexit accomplishment!

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Just stopped for a photo call in the woods.
You have to ask yourself why! Surely they can't all have been taken in by the misstruths can they?
There were a few things that made me choose the way I did.. one of which was Cameron saying that pensioners could loose up to £400 per month and as my 35 years gold plated final salary pension only amounts to £500 per month it just showed me how interested he was in the lives of the working class.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Especially since Boris & Nigel jumped ship as soon as they "won" and did not want anything to do with Brexit accomplishment!
1 Farage is not an MP, there was nothing for him to do.
2 Boris took soundings amongst his parliamentary colleagues and found that he could not run for PM because he did not have enough support. However he did sty and is now in the cabinet

2 Boris took soundings amongst his parliamentary colleagues and found that he could not run for PM because he did not have enough support. However he did sty and is now in the cabinet
He was leader of UKIP, so why did he quit that position.

and as for Boris, he didn't even run. You can say what you like, but he didn't run and didn't apply for the position he has. He was given it wasn't he.

VictoryV

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2012
near Biggleswade
Farage was (is?) an MEP so he could have fought our corner from within the EU environment to get the best possible result.

Mind you, as I see it Cameron did not expect to lose and thus had no exit plan, Boris et al did not expect to win so thus they had no exit plan - so they were all surprised on both sides & caught out by the result

• Agree
Reactions: RobF and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just stopped for a photo call in the woods.
You have to ask yourself why! Surely they can't all have been taken in by the misstruths can they?
There were a few things that made me choose the way I did.. one of which was Cameron saying that pensioners could loose up to £400 per month and as my 35 years gold plated final salary pension only amounts to £500 per month it just showed me how interested he was in the lives of the working class.
Both sides lied equally about what would happen after Brexit and the intelligent took no notice of either.

Basically we knew what being in the EU was like and how we were doing before, but could not know what being out in future would be like.

So the options amounted to the devil we knew or the one we didn't.

• Agree
Reactions: tillson and Woosh

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
no need to apologise, your defense and indeed lack of is as we've come to expect and give me another set of screen grabs that is off to our MP to show that the public might have spoken, but they don't know what they are talking about.
Do you have any idea how ridiculously pompous that makes you sound?

This may come as a shock, but there are many people who are far more intelligent than you who voted for BREXIT. We all have our individual personal reasons for voting how we did, and that may include voting for the unknown because continued EU membership is so unappealing.

You and others possessing your condescending attitude are significantly responsible for your own downfall in the EU referendum. You meter out your wisdom with totally miscalculated self confidence and credibility, branding anyone with an opposing view as being incapable of intelligent thought. It really is an appalling spectacle. Why should anyone have to justify their vote to you? Who are you?

If someone voted for BREXIT because they are disillusioned with the EU and feel as though their interests are being ignored, then that is ok. It's even OK if they are stepppng from a known, but unsatisfactory set of circumstances, into the unknown. We are grown ups, it's a personal judgement.

So stop the, "I'm more cleverer than you because I voted remain" routine. It makes me sick.

Last edited:
I have given a number of reasons.
Sorry, I must have missed them. Can you link me to them.

I do remember asking you to give me some reasons to be optimisitc and you said you would when you had a moment. I don't think you ever replied.

If you did I'm sorry.

If you can reply to this message with a couple of brief reasons as to why it'll be a good thing, or why it will stop a bad thing that has been caused by the EU. Then I'll be very happy to read them.

Do you have any idea how ridiculously pompous that makes you sound?
Do you think I care? no.

What I care about is that another leave voter has just had the opportunity to justify their reasons, with postive productive views. He's come back with the stock answers that are proven to be simply incorrect.

You've said that many people more intelligent people than me voted leave. I'm intelligent enough to know that is without a doubt a fact and I'm not disputing that.

Many people will have voted leave / remain for a host of bonkers reasons.

Which is exactly the reason we shouldn't leave based on the vote!

It should be decided by experts and if its agreed that leaving is the best for the country, then leave.

Its above your pay grade and mine.

Taking a punt on the unknown isn't acceptable when so many in this country could have had their problems solved by the current system within the UK. You have to acknowledge that the EU has been blamed for a host of things that are not its fault or within its control. Or do you think I'm wrong about that too?

Reactions: anotherkiwi

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
it's only claptrap is its proven to be claptrap, currently 8 months or whatever we are in. I've not heard a single reason for leaving the EU that actually makes sense from a leaver. Not a single one.

So yes I'm afraid I'll continue to use the " you don't understand " line because its not patronising, its simple fact.

unless you want to prove me wrong??

Wow, arrogance of the highest order. Have you ever lived in mainland Europe? If you have then you'll be aware of the financial sh1tstorm heading the way of France and Italy to name just two counties. I voted out so the UK won't go under with them when it happens. We have our own finacial problems to deal with and won't be able to help bale out other big player Euro countries.

Reactions: Live_Steam_Mad

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Do you think I care? no.

What I care about is that another leave voter has just had the opportunity to justify their reasons, with postive productive views. He's come back with the stock answers that are proven to be simply incorrect.

You've said that many people more intelligent people than me voted leave. I'm intelligent enough to know that is without a doubt a fact and I'm not disputing that.

Many people will have voted leave / remain for a host of bonkers reasons.

Which is exactly the reason we shouldn't leave based on the vote!

It should be decided by experts and if its agreed that leaving is the best for the country, then leave.

Its above your pay grade and mine.

Taking a punt on the unknown isn't acceptable when so many in this country could have had their problems solved by the current system within the UK. You have to acknowledge that the EU has been blamed for a host of things that are not its fault or within its control. Or do you think I'm wrong about that too?
So KTM.. I understand that all thia sffects your bussines but if you coukd set aside all this toung in cheek argybargy.
Honestly, without any blibberblabber or other opinionated claptrap...
What do you think the eventual outcome will be... will we end up in or out?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We have our own finacial problems to deal with and won't be able to help bale out other big player Euro countries.
Why is it that Brexiters know so little of the subject? The UK outside of the eurozone is not in any way liable for any eurozone debts, so we could not and would not bale them out.

• :D
Reactions: chris130256

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
the threats and impact of leaving, will only happen when we leave!!

This just proves the " you don't understand " point made above.

Currently we're in the EU, so how can the impacts of leaving be felt now?
So the statements by Osbourne and co of immediate and profound shock to the economy the day after the referendum, the need for immediate tax increases, everyone being £4000 a year worse off were just lies then!!! What a surprise

Crossed with Gubbins post

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Wow, arrogance of the highest order. Have you ever lived in mainland Europe? If you have then you'll be aware of the financial sh1tstorm heading the way of France and Italy to name just two counties.
Which one would that be? France has one of the highest private savings rates around. In fact there are enough private savings to cover about 100% of national debt. Does that sound like a bad thing? How much does the UK have tucked away in savings?

I voted out so the UK won't go under with them when it happens. We have our own finacial problems to deal with and won't be able to help bale out other big player Euro countries.
You aren't in the Euro zone so no risk of going under with the Euro. And yet despite all this coming danger you foresee you want to keep financial passporting for the City I suppose? French saying: Vouloir le beurre, l'argent du beurre et le cul de la crémière... :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Why do you assume that all bexiteers have this view?[emoji625]
I didn't. I said "Brexiters know so little of the subject", that means the Brexit subject in general. We've repeatedly been getting this false assumption about our liability for eurozone debts, when no such liability exists. And it's far from the only false assumption about our EU membership status.