Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You are right to hate her, she despises the working classes. I have a few friends in the police force, they dislike her for obvious reasons to do with police reform. Setting whether reform is right or wrong for a moment, she is trying to dismantle the independent police pay negotiating board. This is a body independent of the home office and the police who recommend pay and conditions. This has to exist because the police have no right to take industrial action or belong to a union. She has indicated in the past that she will ignore its advice.

May has also threatened to confiscate cash assets of The Police Federation unless they back off her. This is money paid by its members to fund representation of their views. Any personal views on the police are irrelevant, I am just illustrating where this woman is coming from in terms of workers rights. She has no regard for them whatsoever.
Too right Tillson!

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I think a perfect storm is brewing in this country. I don't believe that May will take us out of the EU, she has absolutely no interest in the views of ordinary people. Not leaving the EU will be welcome news for some, but you should be very alarmed by the ease with which she will disregard public opinion.

Add to this that the labour party seem set on removing Corbin by any foul means at their disposal. The latest ploy seems to be denying the Labour Party members the chance to even vote for him. (By the way I think he should legally be on the ballet paper).

This is going to leave millions of voters feeling cheated and their opinion that they are not listened too, further reinforced. Where do these millions of Conservative and Labour voters turn to in order to protest about not withdrawing from the EU and not having had a chance to vote for the leader they want? UKIP???

Angela Eagle's voice alone is sufficed to make you want to put your boot through the TV screen.

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
All in all I think May is the best choice for the country and Brexit. She will get the job done and will provide the stability we now need
I'm not at all confident that she will Brendan. This person does not care what anyone thinks or what the electorate want. She is an evil and deceitful cow of a woman. Anyone in paid employment should be concerned by the news that she is to become PM.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'm not at all confident that she will Brendan. This person does not care what anyone thinks or what the electorate want. She is an evil and deceitful cow of a woman. Anyone in paid employment should be concerned by the news that she is to become PM.
Tillson my friend, have you thought of having your own Fan Club? put me down as member No. 1.

Reactions: flecc

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
I believe she will do what she said and will deliver on Brexit, she is a stubborn and forcefully woman, which is now what we need. Lead some just would not have been up to it, even Gove or Borris would have probably made a hash of it
As leader I have a funny feeling we will see a different side to her., but accept I might be wrong, in which case she will last only till next election
Then my fear is what's next, the current options are looking pretty meagre indeed, ranging from extreme left protest movement, extreme right loonies, and all unelectable political mouths on sticks in between

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Theresa May yesterday:

"The Conservative party supports society"

Margaret Thatcher, 31st October 1987:

"There is no such thing as society"

Don't you just love consistency?

Reactions: trex

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I believe she will do what she said and will deliver on Brexit, she is a stubborn and forcefully woman, which is now what we need. Lead some just would not have been up to it, even Gove or Borris would have probably made a hash of it
As leader I have a funny feeling we will see a different side to her., but accept I might be wrong, in which case she will last only till next election
Then my fear is what's next, the current options are looking pretty meagre indeed, ranging from extreme left protest movement, extreme right loonies, and all unelectable political mouths on sticks in between
Not exactly a ringing endorsement of faith is it?
Ah the joys of Brexit. here's a helpful suggestion
Perhaps we can bottle your optimism and sell it to broken down street walkers?
Then they might be conned into negotiating Brexit terms on our behalf
(And not run off screaming when they realise they will be held responsible)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Theresa May yesterday:

"The Conservative party supports society"

Margaret Thatcher, 31st October 1987:

"There is no such thing as society"

Don't you just love consistency?
I fail to see an inconsistency there
They both lied didn't they?

Reactions: flecc

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
Not exactly a ringing endorsement of faith is it?
Ah the joys of Brexit. here's a helpful suggestion
Perhaps we can bottle your optimism and sell it to broken down street walkers?
Then they might be conned into negotiating Brexit terms on our behalf
(And not run off screaming when they realise they will be held responsible)
You OG are certainly consistent, it must be a pleasure for you

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I think May will go for brexit, Norway style. She said before she wanted to have access to the single market and services, with control of EU immigration. This is the so called 'Norway Plus' option.
I think the EU will give her that if the payment to EU coffers is big enough. Merkel should have given that to Cameron if they could rewind the clock.
Sorry Trex,I dont see any way out of this mess than a complete U-turn and May will come back to the country by way of a General Election,it will be packaged better than Cameron did,because he thought he couldnt lose.
Interesting that Boris is now supporting May,amazing????
The whole tone of the media is now anti Brexit,the article from the guy at the LSE stating that no prime minister would want to preside over the break up of the UK,the markets have now assumed no Brexit by pricing up the FTSE 250 and the £ v dollar,still low but going the opposite way to all the banks were forecasting.
It looks like we wasted a load of money,time and effort on an experiment which is now dead in the water. Cameron should be ashamed of putting us through all this to try to appease the Euro Sceptics in his party,we know there are 84 of them,those who voted for Leadsom,lets hope they shut up now.
KudosDave

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
Sorry Trex,I dont see any way out of this mess than a complete U-turn and May will come back to the country by way of a General Election,it will be packaged better than Cameron did,because he thought he couldnt lose.
The whole tone of the media is now anti Brexit,the article from the guy at the LSE stating that no prime minister would want to preside over the break up of the UK,the markets have now assumed no Brexit by pricing up the FTSE 250 and the £ v dollar,still low but going the opposite way to all the banks were forecasting.
It looks like we wasted a load of money,time and effort on an experiment which is now dead in the water. Cameron should be ashamed of putting us through all this to try to appease the Euro Sceptics in his party,we know there are 84 of them,those who voted for Leadsom,lets hope they shut up now.
KudosDave
Amazing were you get all this stuff from really, but the proof of a true fanatic is to see what he wants to, whatever is out there, , don't. Give up hope
Up the revolution, right up

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
KudosDave
I think May social conservative ambition may be at loggerheads with the EU's single market rules. She wants to put workers on the board, regulate energy pricing, intervene in M&A etc.. She needs to get of the EU to do all this.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
I think May social conservative ambition may be at loggerheads with the EU's single market rules. She wants to put workers on the board, regulate energy pricing, intervene in M&A etc.. She needs to get of the EU to do all this.
perhaps, but how much of that is window dressing (after her advisor whispered to her that there's a bunch of xenophobic relatively impoverished nut jobs who fancy having a say in how their energy bills are calculated and voted brexit)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You OG are certainly consistent, it must be a pleasure for you
Brendan, Brexit is the best tragi comedy since Shakespeare with a cast of quite unbelievably stupid actors, the only problem is is no one has a clue as to what exactly to do, or what the main plot is from all the bogus little ones.
Even the great playright himself would have struggled to produce such a farce as this.
I recommend you ake what pleasure you can from it, after all I only got is second hand, but you voted for it, and haven't paid for the ticket yet.

What really happened with the Referendum was that the voters were irritated and sneezed out the wrong result for the wrong reasons.
Gesundheit! is the nearest I can get as there isn't a suitable word when the sneeze simultaneously triggers a "Lumpy Fart" as Brexit Voters did.
And to have such motivational leadership too?
Exquisite!

Do have a nice future
St Teresa will save the day (well, somebody's anyway)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I think a perfect storm is brewing in this country. I don't believe that May will take us out of the EU, she has absolutely no interest in the views of ordinary people. Not leaving the EU will be welcome news for some, but you should be very alarmed by the ease with which she will disregard public opinion.

Add to this that the labour party seem set on removing Corbin by any foul means at their disposal. The latest ploy seems to be denying the Labour Party members the chance to even vote for him. (By the way I think he should legally be on the ballet paper).

This is going to leave millions of voters feeling cheated and their opinion that they are not listened too, further reinforced. Where do these millions of Conservative and Labour voters turn to in order to protest about not withdrawing from the EU and not having had a chance to vote for the leader they want? UKIP???

Angela Eagle's voice alone is sufficed to make you want to put your boot through the TV screen.
Tillson,absolutely agree with everything you say.However, UKIP is not an option,Farage is UKIP,when he left the party that is it finished,nobody seems to want to take the helm.
Theresa May is clearly Remain whatever she says,the clever bit will be to find a way of convincing the Leave voters that she has secured such a deal from Merkel that we should stay, As Colin at KTM has said it may be that we need to go on a publicity campaign to show all the good EE workers do for our country,because restricting free movement of people is clearly not going to be ceded by the EU,actually our young people want it.
It was interesting that May joins Merkel and possibly Clinton as one of the most powerful women in the world and yet the 1922 commitee was all men,who really is running the Tory party?
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Don't worry all that is just for the papers, she just got up too early and was exposed to daylight, a couple of hours in a darkened House of Commons will soon put things right again.
Mind you "Social Conservative Ambition" is a great punch line.
Where will you find anyone to believe that Porky?

• Agree
Reactions: tillson

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
BBC official: Cameron will resign on Wednesday.
May will be in No 10 Wednesday evening.
The Pound is definitely gaining a bit of strength.

Advertisers