Brexit, for once some facts.

BrendanJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 6, 2016
Cheshire
This is recent picture of May when she saw a man wearing overalls and carrying a spanner.

Eh she'd be pretty good in pantomime wouldn't she, and she's already got the magic slippers, Dorothy has got no chance ( of course Andrea)
I suppose that makes Junker the conman wizard
And how about Borris as the cowardly lion
Gove as the scarecrow
And Farage as the tin man

And how about OG as the cuddly little white dog that every one loves, forgot the name, you know, the one that does all the yapping:)

And we can all sing along together for this one surely.......

Last edited:

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I for one am glad that Leadsom has .dropped out and we now have a PM confirmed. I had a feeling that may happen, no doubt some backroom dealing has been taking place. Also I think she realised she had seriously damaged her credibility with naïve comments. I am not saying that May will be better. Only time will tell. I am just glad that we now have someone in charge for better or worse. Maybe this will bring a bit of stability, all depends on what she does over the next few weeks . What's needed now is for the conservatives to all come together and get on with getting us out of the EU and moving us forward

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and RobF

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Eh she'd be pretty good in pantomime wouldn't she, and she's already got the magic slippers, Dorothy has got no chance ( of course Andrea)
Gove as the scarecrow

And how about OG as the cuddly little white dog that every one loves, forgot the name, you know, the one that does all the yapping:)

I think 'Straw man' would be more apt! If memory serves correctly, the dog was 'Toto".

Tom

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
By Wednesday we will have replaced a prime minister who was the leading light of the remain campaign with a prime minister who has some Euro-sceptic credentials and was at best a luke-warm remainer, but mostly silent.

Crucially, Mrs May also knows the result of the referendum in advance of becoming prime minister.

I wonder if the leave deniers still think we are not on our way out.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
let's just wait and see.
I believe most remainers would be happy if we still participate in many EU projects and enjoy the freedom of movement.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc
Honestly Rob, i'd be worried we'd be leaving if anyone who was on the brexit camp was leading anything.

The fact they've all run and hidden in their time of "glory" shows that there is no glory to be had.

I'd be prepared to bet that May, talks the talk for a bit, and for some reason we end up still in the EU for the foreseeable future. My guess is there will be a small concession from them EU, and it'll be enough for the Conservatives to argue (even if only to themselves) that there has been a change and therefore the terms of the referendum have been updated and we'll remain.

It'll have to go to a commons vote anyway so what May, may or may not think or say may be irrelevant.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Flud and OG nearly agreed on another post,hinting there was something evil going on in the background of all this."Quick there waking up bring on the dancing girls"
OK then lets have a Resume of the situation shall we, (this is Funny!)
One of the main arguments for leaving the EU was the unelected head and commissioners, and our response?
We un-elect the next ~Prime Minister!
Another objection to the EU was it is Federal in Nature
So how do we respond?
A cross party parliamentary group says we should break the UK up into little federal states that are ruled Voluntarily by Westminster as a sort of mini version of the EU?
And a woman who has the social attitude of a Nile Crocodile wants to
"Serve the working people"
Right next to the mashed potato and the greens one suspects, and not content with that wants "Workers Soviets" and working people on the boards of companies, and to control Exec and Bankers Salaries?
And you Don't suspect some evil plot is afoot?
Murdoch was quoted the other day of having said
"If promises are not kept this time there will be another bloody revolt"
And that was after the Referendum result.
Neither Flud nor I contrary to what you might believe are entirely insane.
None of this is accidental.
Badly organised, amateur, incompetent, all of those things but NOT accidental
We have all on both sides of the debate been gulled.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
OK then lets have a Resume of the situation shall we, (this is Funny!)
One of the main arguments for leaving the EU was the unelected head and commissioners, and our response?
We un-elect the next ~Prime Minister!
Another objection to the EU was it is Federal in Nature
So how do we respond?
A cross party parliamentary group says we should break the UK up into little federal states that are ruled Voluntarily by Westminster as a sort of mini version of the EU?
And a woman who has the social attitude of a Nile Crocodile wants to
"Serve the working people"
Right next to the mashed potato and the greens one suspects, and not content with that wants "Workers Soviets" and working people on the boards of companies, and to control Exec and Bankers Salaries?
And you Don't suspect some evil plot is afoot?
Murdoch was quoted the other day of having said
"If promises are not kept this time there will be another bloody revolt"
And that was after the Referendum result.
Neither Flud nor I contrary to what you might believe are entirely insane.
None of this is accidental.
Badly organised, amateur, incompetent, all of those things but NOT accidental
We have all on both sides of the debate been gulled.
My post was not ment to insinuate that you and Flud where mad.As you say both sides have been gulled.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
As I have said repeatedly throughout this thread
The ideal was stay in a truly reformed EU that had a cat in hells chance of surviving and serving its citizens,
I increasingly felt reform without a Brexit vote was impossible, but the Brexit vote could hasten the necessary reform, which everyone on this thread poo pooed
Failing that get out, leave completely, no half way houses or Devils compromises, run our own show which unlike some I have confidence in UK Plc to do it
Is that clear enough?
Well Boris would approve anyway, he thought Blackmail using a show of force would be a good plan too.
"The Mouse that Roared" method to start off with and when that fails
"The Old Navaho Indian Trick of Screaming and Begging"
To get back in again.
Great Strategy.
And of course in the interrim run our own show, and when the Bungee elastic runs down turn to the IMF for loans as we did the last time.
There: all possibilities covered.
Speaking from the viewpoint of an impartial observer of course.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Gove as the scarecrow

Ah Brendan, still struggling with the jokes? never mind, there's a part for you in there asthe wizard of OZ who was marooned there when his bubble burst and has to keep up putting on a firework display to avoid people seeing what he really is.
The part was made for you, all fiction, noise, flashing lights, nothing real, and no facts.
By the bye the dog's name was Toby:eek:

• :D
Reactions: BrendanJ

Advertisers