Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Why would European countries stop us from flying into their country?
What currently happens is that there are agreements in place, governing what will happen in the event of accidents, whose police will intervene,in case of aggressive behaviour, or labour disputes with cabin staff etc and all these are ultimately linked to ECJ decisions. Now alternatives can be agreed and set up..eg. they exist with US and Asian carriers.. BUT THEY MUST BE SET UP. Ryanair has made multiple references to this in the past .
At present any UK carrier can insist under EU competition law to have the same landing rights as any other EU carrier in regional airports.. (yes we aare looking at you Ryanair and say EasyJet) , post March, that UK carrier loses that right.
My understanding is thaat a limited agreement has been cobbled together so that planes are not grounded on 30th. March.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
What currently happens is that there are agreements in place, governing what will happen in the event of accidents, whose police will intervene,in case of aggressive behaviour, or labour disputes with cabin staff etc and all these are ultimately linked to ECJ decisions. Now alternatives can be agreed and set up..eg. they exist with US and Asian carriers.. BUT THEY MUST BE SET UP. Ryanair has made multiple references to this in the past .
At present any UK carrier can insist under EU competition law to have the same landing rights as any other EU carrier in regional airports.. (yes we aare looking at you Ryanair and say EasyJet) , post March, that UK carrier loses that right.
My understanding is thaat a limited agreement has been cobbled together so that planes are not grounded on 30th. March.

Exactly.

Nothing will change. Just scare stories.

• Agree
Reactions: tommie

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Page 8 of The Times today - "Airlines under fire for silence on no-deal threat to 5m tickets. Airlines have been criticised for failing to tell people that plane tickets could be cancelled and passports could be invalid if there is no Brexit deal"

What a complete and utter shambles, good job we've got a "strong and stable leadership" eh?
Don’t worry, it’s horse $h!t.

• Agree
Reactions: tommie

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Why would European countries stop us from flying into their country?
There's no problem landing passengers, but there potentially is with taking off. Slots to run routes from airports are restricted in number so valuable and jealously guarded.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
When the country is in dire need, what rises to feed on the corpse?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/8236819/nigel-farage-new-brexit-party/
"
NEWKIP Nigel Farage makes comeback to push Brexit with fresh political party in blow for Tory and Labour ditherers
The former UKIP leader has confirmed that The Brexit Party has been registered with the Electoral Commission and that field candidates are ready in the event a snap General Election is called next month

Excellent News! that should truly jigger the Conservatives support!

• Agree

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
??? The Times was reporting statements made by the IATA., that's the International Air Transport Association, but I doubt whether you've ever heard of them.
You are very superior aren’t you?

In the event of no deal, there will be no problem flying into and out of EU countries. Non EU countries do it all the time, that bit won’t be a problem and will continue as it is now

A non EU based airline, such a BA, in the event of no deal, MIGHT encounter problems flying internal EU routes. For example a BA plane flying a route from Poland to Malta could encounter more problems in the event of no deal. Likewise, an EU based airline would encounter the same level of difficulty flying a U.K. route such as London to Glasgow. That’s why Ryanair are actively putting aircraft on the UK’s CAA register.

But don’t worry, you won’t experience any disruption on the annual family pi$$ up to Crete (Malia). That’s a Ryanair job, so you can larger up and get your onboard scratch card in the same way you have done in the past. So to repeat, it’s just horse $h!t intended to frighten simpletons. Looks like it worked :)

Do you actually have any knowledge and original thoughts of your own , or are you just another cut & paste monkey, regurgitating other people’s thoughts? All you have done is read something in a newspaper and then repeated it on here without any knowledge or understanding of the subject. You are a clown.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

In the event of no deal, there will be no problem flying into and out of EU countries. Non EU countries do it all the time, that bit won’t be a problem and will continue as it is now

A non EU based airline, such a BA, in the event of no deal, MIGHT encounter problems flying internal EU routes. For example a BA plane flying a route from Poland to Malta could encounter more problems in the event of no deal. Likewise, an EU based airline would encounter the same level of difficulty flying a U.K. route such as London to Glasgow. That’s why Ryanair are actively putting aircraft on the UK’s CAA register.

But don’t worry, you won’t experience any disruption on the annual family pi$$ up to Crete (Malia). That’s a Ryanair job, so you can larger up and get your onboard scratch card in the same way you have done in the past. So to repeat, it’s just horse $h!t intended to frighten simpletons. Looks like it worked :)

Do you actually have any knowledge and original thoughts of your own , or are you just another cut & paste monkey, regurgitating other people’s thoughts? All you have done is read something in a newspaper and then repeated it on here without any knowledge or understanding of the subject. You are a clown.
You should welcome the company with remarks like that:rolleyes:

• Agree

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Someone desperate enough to use Google images to prove he isn't in Rotherham?
I'm just joking
I'm supposed to be on the wagon this January, since I don't drink I promised myself I wouldn't tease the Trolls.
So much for my New Years Resolution.
It is wise to control your baser instincts OG. Jesus awaits those who restrain themselves for the good of mankind.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and Fingers

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
There's no problem landing passengers, but there potentially is with taking off. Slots to run routes from airports are restricted in number so valuable and jealously guarded.
It the internal EU to EU routes operated by non EU carriers (Such as a post no deal Brexit British Airways) that could see a change to their operations. I suspect that’s not a big portion of their business. We can retaliate by making life difficult for EU carriers flying internal U.K. routes if we wanted to sink to the EU’ level.

• Agree
Reactions: tommie and flecc
D

Deleted member 128

Your knowledge of where I go on holiday is only surpassed with you understanding of the implications of Brexit and your ability to conduct a reasoned discussion.

ie zilch.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Wicky

Advertisers