Brexit, for once some facts.

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
Just to put you right these are Base models i`ve been quoting, not your top of the range spec which i wouldn`t have a clue on what upgrades etc you got anyway -

btw i see the French price is now a whopping 38,900EUR - I think i`ll just buy in the UK !!

2018 Nissan Leaf: price for all trim levels revealed in France

The prices before any government incentives.
New Nissan Leaf
Leaf Visia
: 33.900 €
Leaf Acenta: 35.300 €
Leaf N-Connecta: 37.100 €
Leaf Tekna: 38.900 €
They must be missing you on Pistonheads.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
You have made several erroneous assumptions including that I used Google. You also can't possibly know how many sources I have read. I have read many sources and cut and saved those section which reflect my own opinions and with which I agree.
I do not commit all of this to memory and I definitely won't be typing information which I have already saved.
Have you cut & pasted the above from another forum?

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Agreed, and pleased to note that you now acknowledge you are able to buy where you like now at the most favourable price, thanks to the EU's enforcements against the makers who would deny you that.

That was what I posted in the first instance that you've been trying to deny by posting various prices.
I`ll just leave you with your own words..Post 44807

"OK, an example showing how wrong you are on prices, and how poor your memory is.
The EU has brought me much cheaper cars. "

sorry but plainly wrong again, UK has the cheapest thanks in part to their generous grants, nothing to do with the EU cabal.

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I`ll just leave you with your own words..Post 44807

"OK, an example showing how wrong you are on prices, and how poor your memory is.
The EU has brought me much cheaper cars. "

sorry but plainly wrong again, UK has the cheapest thanks in part to their generous grants, nothing to do with the EU cabal.
No, as I posted the EU stopped the price fixing that made us Rip Off Britain, in consequence sharply dropping the price of cars here by thousands of pounds. That was then, history, not now, so please stop trying to alter the import of what I posted.

Now since then and thanks to the EU, I or any other EU citizen can shop for a car anywhere in Europe to get the lowest price thanks to the EU's enforced regulations. Ergo it doesn't matter what local prices are since the makers can can no longer price fix without penalty, but quite rightly can recommend prices to suit the widely varying regional costs.

The grants should be excluded from this EU consideration since they are not a matter for the EU as I've already posted. They are fixed nationally according to need and are nothing to do with the EU, the manufacturers and their list prices.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
The EU has brought me much cheaper cars.
so why didn`t you pop over to France or wherever and buy there,

was it possibly that the penny dropped and you noticed they were cheaper in the UK, due to the generous grant by the Gov, not by anything the EU done? You can argue all day on here but you can`t dispute facts and figures.

btw what grant is the EU giving its member states for electric vehicles?

Ok, thats that one cleared up, what`s next on that long list of yours, hope you haven`t misled it :rolleyes:

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
It’s all Jeremy Corbyn’s fault! At last, the truth is out there. It’s nothing to do with Theresa May fannying about for 30 months, doing her own thing and not listening. It’s not government incompetence either, it was Jeremy Corbyn all along.

Dear 50Hrtz,

Jeremy Corbyn’s playing games. He just admitted no one wants a General Election – and then said it would be the best outcome anyway. If that doesn’t make sense to you, donate to our campaigns today.

Jeremy Corbyn’s playing games – with Brexit and with the country while we are focused on delivering in the national interest.

He says he believes in dialogue, but he won’t sit down with the Prime Minister to get a Brexit deal passed.

These games could frustrate Brexit. So why not help us get on with the job? Donate to our campaigns today.

Every penny you give will help us put the policies you support into action.

We can take back control of our laws, our borders and our money. All while growing our economy – helping businesses create more jobs.

Corbyn is playing games. We’re getting on with the job. So help us deliver the result of the referendum by donating to our campaigns.

Yours sincerely,
The Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP
Chairman of the Conservative Party and Principle Arse-Hole​

If you don't want to receive any more messages from Theresa May and the Conservatives, click here to unsubscribe. Promoted by Alan Mabbutt on behalf of the Conservative Party, both at 4 Matthew Parker Street, London, SW1H 9HQ

What a bunch of useless twats.​

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Someone really should advise the Express that MP's are within their rights to decide what they want to do about Brexit and do not need advice from a Right wing rag that is fated to end on a building site torn into convenient sheets for use as toilet paper.
"
BREXIT SABOTAGE: Remainers launch plot to HIJACK UK's exit with ASTRONOMICAL consequences
A CABINET minister accused pro-Brussels MPs of seeking to “hijack” Brexit last night after a fresh parliamentary bid to derail the UK’s departure from the EU was exposed.

This sort of tripe isn't helping anyone.

• Agree
Reactions: Wicky and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It’s all Jeremy Corbyn’s fault! At last, the truth is out there. It’s nothing to do with Theresa May fannying about for 30 months, doing her own thing and not listening. It’s not government incompetence either, it was Jeremy Corbyn all along.

Dear 50Hrtz,

Jeremy Corbyn’s playing games. He just admitted no one wants a General Election – and then said it would be the best outcome anyway. If that doesn’t make sense to you, donate to our campaigns today.

Jeremy Corbyn’s playing games – with Brexit and with the country while we are focused on delivering in the national interest.

He says he believes in dialogue, but he won’t sit down with the Prime Minister to get a Brexit deal passed.

These games could frustrate Brexit. So why not help us get on with the job? Donate to our campaigns today.

Every penny you give will help us put the policies you support into action.

We can take back control of our laws, our borders and our money. All while growing our economy – helping businesses create more jobs.

Corbyn is playing games. We’re getting on with the job. So help us deliver the result of the referendum by donating to our campaigns.

Yours sincerely,

The Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP
Chairman of the Conservative Party and Principle Arse-Hole

If you don't want to receive any more messages from Theresa May and the Conservatives, click here to unsubscribe. Promoted by Alan Mabbutt on behalf of the Conservative Party, both at 4 Matthew Parker Street, London, SW1H 9HQ

What a bunch of useless twats.

Frankly Both parties are a bunch of useless twats as you succinctly put it. The competition for the title is severe.
There was an interesting plea for donations for "their campaigns" I wonder what that is supposed to infer?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and 50Hertz

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
More on TM's GFA plan in the Daily Mail
"
Theresa May 'considers rewriting Northern Ireland's Good Friday agreement to get her Brexit plan passed by Parliament'

Theresa May is considering rewriting Northern Ireland's Good Friday agreement to get her Brexit deal passed through Parliament.

The prime minister is expected to update MPs today on her 'Plan B' for Brexit after her disastrous first attempt was voted down in a historic Commons defeat.

Mrs May will now move to secure Conservative and DUP support by rewording the Irish backstop plan within the Withdrawal Agreement.
Ministers hope this will assure Ireland that the UK is committed to no hard border been Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland once the UK withdraws for the EU.

The PM hopes amending the agreement would avoid having to commit the UK to the backstop, but it will prove extremely controversial and would require consensus among all of the parties involved in Northern Ireland.

Sources said the move was a 'non-starter', the Daily Telegraph reports and highlights the extent to which Mrs May is scrambling for leverage after last Tuesday's crushing defeat.

Clutching at unlikely straws time!

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
More on TM's GFA plan in the Daily Mail
"
Theresa May 'considers rewriting Northern Ireland's Good Friday agreement to get her Brexit plan passed by Parliament'

Theresa May is considering rewriting Northern Ireland's Good Friday agreement to get her Brexit deal passed through Parliament.

The prime minister is expected to update MPs today on her 'Plan B' for Brexit after her disastrous first attempt was voted down in a historic Commons defeat.

Mrs May will now move to secure Conservative and DUP support by rewording the Irish backstop plan within the Withdrawal Agreement.
Ministers hope this will assure Ireland that the UK is committed to no hard border been Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland once the UK withdraws for the EU.

The PM hopes amending the agreement would avoid having to commit the UK to the backstop, but it will prove extremely controversial and would require consensus among all of the parties involved in Northern Ireland.

Sources said the move was a 'non-starter', the Daily Telegraph reports and highlights the extent to which Mrs May is scrambling for leverage after last Tuesday's crushing defeat.

Clutching at unlikely straws time!
She’s playing with fire now. Someone needs to stop her.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Frankly Both parties are a bunch of useless twats as you succinctly put it. The competition for the title is severe.
There was an interesting plea for donations for "their campaigns" I wonder what that is supposed to infer?
Based on all of the sincere “looking straight into camera” denials, I think they are actively planning for a General Election.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
If you like OG I, ll alter this one to make sense. I, ve not altered it but it needs refinement... You old fool.
Yes, Cape Town IS IN SOUTH AFRICA...
The weather is here, wish you were great.
(In South Africa. Yes I am. Langebaan tonight.)
I gather travelling is a new thing for you. By all means enjoy it (but try not to impress us with your recent discovery that Cape Town is in Africa, it comes across pretty desperate, not unlike brexit)

• Agree
Reactions: Wicky and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Based on all of the sincere “looking straight into camera” denials, I think they are actively planning for a General Election.
That would indeed fit with the remark about supporting their campaign in that Conservative Email you posted.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I gather travelling is a new thing for you. By all means enjoy it (but try not to impress us with your recent discovery that Cape Town is in Africa, it comes across pretty desperate, not unlike brexit)
I find it rather surprising that someone allegedly enjoying the high life in Far away places is so bored with being there he finds the time for irrelevant off topic trolling on a forum thousands of miles away from where he claims to be.
My Goodness, he must be bored out of his head to bother.
What kind of a mindset is that?

Advertisers