Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Jacob Rees Mogg said this morning:

"I think if you were to rank them the most likely is no-deal, the second most likely is a redone deal, third is a delay, and fourth a long way behind is not leaving at all,"

I would have thought MPs are going to knock out No Deal first, by the end of the month, then TM's redone deal before end of Feb.

Yvette Cooper:

“She [TM] knows that she should rule out no deal in the national interest, because it would be so damaging. She’s refusing to do so, and I think she is hoping that parliament will do this for her. That is not leadership.”

TM knows that parliament will do it for her before March, that will force the ERG members to choose between her deal and no brexit.

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I climbed up Table Mountain a couple of times.
Still have fond memories of the place. It seems the politics has changed a fair bit, not so safe now.
Isn't it strange how we've been in similar places different times, me too a few years ago (up skeleton gorge). Crime has become a problem, all it takes is unemployment and lack of state resources to spend on social welfare, education, policing. Very simple formula for making a community a dystopia, I think a wtr exit may provide some of that

Reactions: robdon and Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
so why didn`t you pop over to France or wherever and buy there,
You really are perversely stupid Tommie. This is your reply to posts in which I said the EU gave me the right to choose the cheapest country, something previously denied by some manufacturers. Just one of the many benefits the EU has brought me, and I did just that, buying where it was cheapest. It still was a long way from home.

btw what grant is the EU giving its member states for electric vehicles?
More of your perverse stupidity, since this is in reply to my post stating very clearly twice that these grants to encourage purchase are a national matter to suit countries needs and nothing to do with the EU.

To illustrate to other members just how deceitful you are being in saying I don't have one EU benefit, I'm illustrating some you have long been aware of but which you are denied by the failures of your own governing assembly to sit.

Those are the right to use unregistered pedelecs, the right for them to have a higher power than the previous lower UK one, the right for them to have a higher assist speed than the UK previously allowed, the right for them to have no weight limit rather than the previous restrictive UK weight limit.

You have long known these since you took part many times in two threads on the subject in which you asked me questions on the legal position. My answers made clear to you those benefits I enjoyed due to the EU's mandatory laws.

To obstruct your further denials I show below the two threads so that members can see these truths by reading them. The first I show is this 21 page thread:

Update on N.I. e-bike regs.

The next I'm showing is this 8 page thread:

Police say electric bikes illegal in Northern Ireland

Hopefully you will now stop acting like a spoilt ten year old brat.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
You really are perversely stupid Tommie. This is your reply to posts in which I said the EU gave me the right to choose the cheapest country, something previously denied by some manufacturers. Just one of the many benefits the EU has brought me, and I did just that, buying where it was cheapest. It still was a long way from home.

More of your perverse stupidity, since this is in reply to my post stating very clearly twice that these grants to encourage purchase are a national matter to suit countries needs and nothing to do with the EU.

To illustrate to other members just how deceitful you are being in saying I don't have one EU benefit, I'm illustrating some you have long been aware of but which you are denied by the failures of your own governing assembly to sit.

Those are the right to use unregistered pedelecs, the right for them to have a higher power than the previous lower UK one, the right for them to have a higher assist speed than the UK previously allowed, the right for them to have no weight limit rather than the previous restrictive UK weight limit.

You have long known these since you took part many times in two threads on the subject in which you asked me questions on the legal position. My answers made clear to you those benefits I enjoyed due to the EU's mandatory laws.

To obstruct your further denials I show below the two threads so that members can see these truths by reading them. The first I show is this 21 page thread:

Update on N.I. e-bike regs.

The next I'm showing is this 8 page thread:

Police say electric bikes illegal in Northern Ireland

Hopefully you will now stop acting like a spoilt ten year old brat.
Please flecc, less of that, let us not insult 10 year old brats.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I climbed up Table Mountain a couple of times.
Still have fond memories of the place. It seems the politics has changed a fair bit, not so safe now.
We went up in Cable Car which passed over some of route walkers /climbers take. Take my hat off to you if you went up that route, looks rather exposed and steep.Rather more than a walk.
VA waterfront is special... Back in Langebaan waiting for wind now... Its having a few days off...
JA.. I was answering OG.

IMG_20190121_114347.jpg
Langebaan lagoon from West Langebaan Nature Reserve. Water rather warmer than in Sea...

Last edited:
Reactions: tommie and Fingers

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Noticed today: Portugal to introduce ‘fast track’ UK-only airport lanes for tourists post-Brexit. No visas required for Brits even after No Deal, Brits unilaterally guaranteed rights including healthcare.

It’s amazing how little media coverage this has got.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
We went up in Cable Car which passed over some of route walkers /climbers take. Take my hat off to you if you went up that route, looks rather exposed and steep.Rather more than a walk.
VA waterfront is special... Back in Langebaan waiting for wind now... Its having a few days off...
JA.. I was answering OG.

View attachment 28658l
However, that makes og's point even more intriguing:who in their right mind takes a pic of langebaan lagoon (and its 10c water) to post on a brexi forum?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Noticed today: Portugal to introduce ‘fast track’ UK-only airport lanes for tourists post-Brexit. No visas required for Brits even after No Deal, Brits unilaterally guaranteed rights including healthcare.

I'm sure Portugal won't be alone in this, others will also want to protect their tourist income, including the UK.

• Agree

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019

What did you expect? You should know by now that positive outcomes are not reported. Only bad stuff makes it into the media.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I'm sure Portugal won't be alone in this, others will also want to protect their tourist income, including the UK.
....and their trade as well, especially flashy cars and the UK’s contribution to the EU budget.

It only seems like yesterday that we were hearing predictions of total air transport lock down. Now look at us, all upbeat.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It only seems like yesterday that we were hearing predictions of total air transport lock down. Now look at us, all upbeat.
I am no aviation geek but I understand that in case of no deal, UK based airlines can continue to land and pick up passengers but their is no guarantee that the emergency arrangements are going to last very long without a proper deal.
Most at risk is their landing slots and who owns what percentage of shares in the UK and EU airlines.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc
D

Deleted member 128

....and their trade as well, especially flashy cars and the UK’s contribution to the EU budget.

Page 8 of The Times today - "Airlines under fire for silence on no-deal threat to 5m tickets. Airlines have been criticised for failing to tell people that plane tickets could be cancelled and passports could be invalid if there is no Brexit deal"

What a complete and utter shambles, good job we've got a "strong and stable leadership" eh?

• Agree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
The salty content in here has gone through the roof since I had the weekend off!

Nice to see you having a good time Zlats.

Reactions: tommie

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Page 8 of The Times today - "Airlines under fire for silence on no-deal threat to 5m tickets. Airlines have been criticised for failing to tell people that plane tickets could be cancelled and passports could be invalid if there is no Brexit deal"

What a complete and utter shambles, good job we've got a "strong and stable leadership" eh?

Why would European countries stop us from flying into their country?

• Agree
Reactions: tommie

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
However, that makes og's point even more intriguing:who in their right mind takes a pic of langebaan lagoon (and its 10c water) to post on a brexi forum?
Someone desperate enough to use Google images to prove he isn't in Rotherham?
I'm just joking
I'm supposed to be on the wagon this January, since I don't drink I promised myself I wouldn't tease the Trolls.
So much for my New Years Resolution.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

There is a very good reason it has received little information.
1. Opening a new lane for UK passengers would be a major requirement anyway since they need to go through customs.
2. No visa requirenent?. Great, what countries actually have visa requirements. Generally speaking, these are usually bilateral agreements,and since the EU has not discussed it, and since we in Ireland are very interested in the free flow of UK citizens into and out of our country,as I am sure the French ,the Germans and Dutch are also. Fine. There may well be an EU travel tax, not a visa.
3. Free health care, unilaterally???. Now that is generous. When the Portuguese State passes legislation enabling it,, that will be news.

• Agree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Someone desperate enough to use Google images to prove he isn't in Rotherham?
I'm just joking
I'm supposed to be on the wagon this January, since I don't drink I promised myself I wouldn't tease the Trolls.
So much for my New Years Resolution.

Albert Tatlock teases
@Zlatan trolls

Hmmmmmmm. Seems legit....

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

What seems to be at issue is this
"
In other words: the number of flights from the UK to each member state cannot increase from the levels prevailing this summer. If there were 200 weekly flights on UK airlines between Britain and Cyprus in 2018, no British carrier could add departures.

Air travel from the UK to the EU was expected to expand significantly next year, with British Airways, easyJet and Jet2 among the British carriers announcing dozens of new routes and increased frequencies, amounting to thousands of extra flights in summer 2019 and the winter season 2019-20.
The commission’s plans specifically rule out the opportunity for individual states, such as Spain, Portugal and Greece, to negotiate extra flights individually
Countries such as Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt stand to benefit if additional flights were displaced to destinations outside the EU. Dublin Airport could expect to gain in the event that extra flights from Belfast were disallowed.

That rather blows the notion of nations making special deals out of the water.

• Agree

Advertisers