Brexit, for once some facts.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
I dont mean to repeat the same argument, but a sudden wto cliff edge brexit will trigger economic fallout and contagion that will dwarve that which happened around the greek crisis a few years ago. It will be the end of tory government. For years. Black wednesday will seem a hiccup by comparison. May and the erg may be heartless, mad and psychopathic. But their not completely self destructive. No one would want to take responsibility for causing that much harm

Wot ??? !!!

No Black Death, no Plague of Locusts.....surely the planes will fall out of the sky at least?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was so looking forward..

Reactions: Fingers

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A massive own goal by the Remainers/Losers. They have shot themselves in the foot by this petition.
It should be so so easy so sit at home with your feet up and register your vote, or as many have done `votes`. They didn`t even have to go to a Polling Station this time!!
What has happened to those extra ELEVEN Million lol!!
Where are they???

Answer: No more enthuiasm for being a Loser.
Still determined to embarrass yourself? you lost the argument Tommie it was a Petition and the one supporting your side bombed as badly as Farages March.

Why do you keep comparing the referendum result with a petition, when the one in support of leave performed so badly in a straight comparison?

Think about this for a moment, why would more people add their names when it is obviously the biggest and best EVER petition result?
The point is already made ,except to the dimmest of observers ,disappointed at this remarkable achievement that happened in three days and their side took over five months but failed miserably to match.

You lost Tommie get over it,and nobody had to send targetted emails using stolen data paid for by Russian funds to do it did they?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yes, I know 5 million is a lot, and broken some odd record, and even allowing for lets say 20% corrupt signatures is still a hell of a lot of people. However, surely, its the ones who havent signed are actually indicating far more. 12 million or so are saying, even though they lost referendum and even tho there is still a big chance of leaving and probably under no deal they still cant be arsed to register and vote.
we can see your theory put to test in the next few days. There is already a petition asking for no deal on the 29th. Parliament will rule out leaving on the 29th, let's see how many bother to register their unhappiness.

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
we can see your theory put to test in the next few days. There is already a petition asking for no deal on the 29th. Parliament will rule out leaving on the 29th, let's see how many bother to register their unhappiness.
I just looked that one up,it's only been running five and a half months and got an amazing 284 signatures in Newry and Armagh
That's a cracking 0.24% of the electorate
Clearly no one gives a "knack" there do they?
Sorry I'm laughing, it's just too funny ....:D
Incidentally, have you signed it Tommie?

• Agree

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
The level of harm is and always has been debatable. It still depends who you quote. But we, ve argued about that too much already so I, ll concede and for arguments sake accept there will be damage.... Nobody but nobody will take responsibility. They can all blame each other. Leavers can blame remainers for not accepting May's deal. Tories can rightly say hang on a minute JC had leave in his manifesto. All sides can say referendum said leave. MPs can say, rightly, we fought agajinst it but it was forced on us. And all and sundry can blame EU, along with Cameron... and not forgetting Farage, Boris etal.
There will be no single group saying we didnt want this either. (well JRM)
IMHO talk of destroying Tories for a generation is misplaced. They can blame ERG, JC, EU, Labour, Leave voters and remoaners. Just watch.
Everybody, has had a part to play in May's deal not getting through leading to no deal. That's what will be remembered.
Pascal lamy. Former head of wto. Renowned authority on international trade. Says it will be catastrophic chaos. Google it. I realise brexiteers prefer fantasy to reality and have an aversion for experts. Probably because it interferes with their colourful fantasy lives. But on this occasion its the equivalent of ignoring all the signs. But the, thats what brexiteers do and have done all along. Which is why im quite happy about the prospect of a sudden hard brexit. I can already imagine the sudden deafening silence of the brexiteers on the thread as reality begins to hit home.

Reactions: robdon and oyster

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Pascal lamy. Former head of wto. Renowned authority on international trade. Says it will be catastrophic chaos. Google it. I realise brexiteers prefer fantasy to reality and have an aversion for experts. Probably because it interferes with their colourful fantasy lives. But on this occasion its the equivalent of ignoring all the signs. But the, thats what brexiteers do and have done all along. Which is why im quite happy about the prospect of a sudden hard brexit. I can already imagine the sudden deafening silence of the brexiteers on the thread as reality begins to hit home.
Of cours i can completely understand if you and fingers and tommie prefer boris' predictions to lamy's. From a certain (completely mad) point of view (that i can intelectually imagine,but am afraid i find existentially completely incomprehensible) i suppose that kind of lack of consideration for the truth makes sense

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So if one is calling out apathy , .. thr Brexiteers are 10 times more apathetic
It's what I've long been posting. In a fresh referendum Remain would walk it, due to their greater determination to vote this time and the Brexiters despairing of getting the walk away they wanted.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The level of harm is and always has been debatable. It still depends who you quote. But we, ve argued about that too much already so I, ll concede and for arguments sake accept there will be damage.... Nobody but nobody will take responsibility. They can all blame each other. Leavers can blame remainers for not accepting May's deal. Tories can rightly say hang on a minute JC had leave in his manifesto. All sides can say referendum said leave. MPs can say, rightly, we fought agajinst it but it was forced on us. And all and sundry can blame EU, along with Cameron... and not forgetting Farage, Boris etal.
IMHO talk of destroying Tories for a generation is misplaced. They can blame ERG, JC, EU, Labour, Leave voters and remoaners. Just watch.
Everybody, has had a part to play in May's deal not getting through leading to no deal. That's what will be remembered.
Sorry but I know where the responsibility lies and so will history
And you can't squirm your way out of your part in it.
How dare you suggest those who voted for remain had any part in it?
Brexit voters created this situation and that is what history will record.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

People who voted out have had three years of constant ****. You're racist. you're stupid. you didn't know what you voted for etc.

We were voting for a chance to change the status quo. An opportunity to reset. It was a brave choice. Sadly the weight of the establishment, coupled with a remain base of negotiators who's ineptitude matched their arrogance has resulted in a completely botched attempt to deliver on the biggest vote in the entire history of this great country.

If anything this has shown in a stark lesson that it doesn't really matter who or what you vote for.

We may still get a Brexit of sorts but it's not the Brexit people voted for. We will still be paying into a corrupt and unelected system who we have no control who runs it. We won't be making our own decisions.

Any enthusiasm has been beaten out of most leavers. No wonder they can't be arsed to click on a link. The sense of betrayal will have far reaching consequences and in forms we cannot predict.

I will be interested to see the reaction when Brexit is officially declared dead.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

You really are the biggest liar on here.

You do not want a hard Brexit. Why are you always lying? It's just weird.

Any lets look at Pascal. Lets see if he has a dog in the fight. Is he predicting bad stuff because he cares about the UK or is he fundamentalist believer in the project.

Lets look at the evidence...

Pascal Lamy (born 8 April 1947) is a French political consultant and businessman

Pascal Lamy was also European Commissioner for Trade and is an advisor for the transatlantic think-tank European Horizons, (European Horizons is devoted to exploring the meaning of European identity, modernising and reforming the concept of the social market economy, advancing the cause of European integration )

hmmmm. So far so partizan... No axe to grind here.....

He is currently serving as the Honorary President of the Paris-based think tank, Notre Europe (
Notre Europe's research is focused around four axes:
  • "Visions of Europe" (European identity; European institutional reform)
  • "European democracy in action" (transnational deliberative democracy; European think tanks)
  • "Competition, cooperation, solidarity" (the CAP post-2013; the European budget; a European energy policy)
  • "Europe and world governance" (comparative regional integration

My oh my. Why am I shocked? You are such a reasonable and truth talker normally....So an arch member of the EU says Brexit will be a disaster. A person who is literally paid by the EU to further it says leaving the EU will be bad.

You gullible fool. Take your propaganda elsewhere.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I'm not particularly interested in the goings on over there, but do wonder how you have reached a conclusion before this has run it's full course.
I don't recall anyone on here expecting Trump to be ousted over this, do you?
I suggest patience where that story is concerned
What are you talking about? Its over. Trump did not collude with the Russians.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
People who voted out have had three years of constant ****. You're racist. you're stupid. you didn't know what you voted for etc.

We were voting for a chance to change the status quo. An opportunity to reset. It was a brave choice. Sadly the weight of the establishment, coupled with a remain base of negotiators who's ineptitude matched their arrogance has resulted in a completely botched attempt to deliver on the biggest vote in the entire history of this great country.

If anything this has shown in a stark lesson that it doesn't really matter who or what you vote for.

We may still get a Brexit of sorts but it's not the Brexit people voted for. We will still be paying into a corrupt and unelected system who we have no control who runs it. We won't be making our own decisions.

Any enthusiasm has been beaten out of most leavers. No wonder they can't be arsed to click on a link. The sense of betrayal will have far reaching consequences and in forms we cannot predict.

I will be interested to see the reaction when Brexit is officially declared dead.
Right, right, right, right, right, right, right (yeah thats seven).

What a betrayal.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Oh no. There is somebody to blame. That's easy. The government (whoever the f*** they are) is to blame. They made us a promise. They owe us. This is not over.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I dont mean to repeat the same argument, but a sudden wto cliff edge brexit will trigger economic fallout and contagion that will dwarve that which happened around the greek crisis a few years ago. It will be the end of tory government. For years. Black wednesday will seem a hiccup by comparison. May and the erg may be heartless, mad and psychopathic. But their not completely self destructive. No one would want to take responsibility for causing that much harm
B--------s.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Correction! Gove started the claim that remainers regarded leave voters in a derogatory way, and it has become by repetition by the leave side an accepted truth which it isn't in it's entirety.
But one part is essentially true
"
"you didn't know what you voted for "etc.
Are you disputing that? and if so on what grounds? you really didn't know what you were voting for because the question was far more complex to implement than anyone understood.
You only understood a wish to get out, with no comprehension whatever of what you were setting in motion, and the fact is that you put your faith in the wrong people, who promised things they were incompetent to deliver.
How in earth did you come to this decision?
"We were voting for a chance to change the status quo. An opportunity to reset. It was a brave choice."
It was a rash choice taken without due diligence .
Why on Earth were you expecting the very people responsible through incompetence for the very status quo you wanted to chang,e to have either the will or competence to do so?
What kind of a decision was that?
And this " We will still be paying into a corrupt and unelected system who we have no control who runs it. We won't be making our own decisions."
You trusted our own corrupt system when it told you the EU was unelected, when all you had to do was check for yourself that this is a pack of lies?
Why do you think we eleced Mep's?
If anything the EU is far more democratic than a parliament riddled with nut job right and left wing lobby groups and vested interests like the ERG. and "Friends of Israel" and "Saudi" for instance, what is going on there?
It wsn't a "Brave" choice, it was a RASH one, and ironically the people who advised you in this are the very parasites who will batten on you after Brexit
Caveat Bloody emptor there for sure!
And this paragraph is interesting
"We may still get a Brexit of sorts but it's not the Brexit people voted for. We will still be paying into a corrupt and unelected system who we have no control who runs it. We won't be making our own decisions."

You never have been in a situation where you "made your own decisions "have you? Cameron straight up lied publicly about Brexit and what would happen, and here you are now, where the country is dancing to the tune of the ERG and the DUP
We did have control of who runs the EU but you never took the trouble to look into the way it is democratically organised, just took the anti EU propaganda at face value.
We were a more than equal partner in there and now we are in the proverbial , and now you complain?
If you voted for Brexit you are responsible for the situation, no ifs, no buts

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You really are the biggest liar on here.

You do not want a hard Brexit. Why are you always lying? It's just weird.

Any lets look at Pascal. Lets see if he has a dog in the fight. Is he predicting bad stuff because he cares about the UK or is he fundamentalist believer in the project.

Lets look at the evidence...

Pascal Lamy (born 8 April 1947) is a French political consultant and businessman

Pascal Lamy was also European Commissioner for Trade and is an advisor for the transatlantic think-tank European Horizons, (European Horizons is devoted to exploring the meaning of European identity, modernising and reforming the concept of the social market economy, advancing the cause of European integration )

hmmmm. So far so partizan... No axe to grind here.....

He is currently serving as the Honorary President of the Paris-based think tank, Notre Europe (
Notre Europe's research is focused around four axes:
  • "Visions of Europe" (European identity; European institutional reform)
  • "European democracy in action" (transnational deliberative democracy; European think tanks)
  • "Competition, cooperation, solidarity" (the CAP post-2013; the European budget; a European energy policy)
  • "Europe and world governance" (comparative regional integration

My oh my. Why am I shocked? You are such a reasonable and truth talker normally....So an arch member of the EU says Brexit will be a disaster. A person who is literally paid by the EU to further it says leaving the EU will be bad.

You gullible fool. Take your propaganda elsewhere.
Take your own advice

• Agree

Advertisers