Brexit, for once some facts.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
You really are the biggest liar on here.

You do not want a hard Brexit. Why are you always lying? It's just weird.

Any lets look at Pascal. Lets see if he has a dog in the fight. Is he predicting bad stuff because he cares about the UK or is he fundamentalist believer in the project.

Lets look at the evidence...

Pascal Lamy (born 8 April 1947) is a French political consultant and businessman

Pascal Lamy was also European Commissioner for Trade and is an advisor for the transatlantic think-tank European Horizons, (European Horizons is devoted to exploring the meaning of European identity, modernising and reforming the concept of the social market economy, advancing the cause of European integration )

hmmmm. So far so partizan... No axe to grind here.....

He is currently serving as the Honorary President of the Paris-based think tank, Notre Europe (
Notre Europe's research is focused around four axes:
  • "Visions of Europe" (European identity; European institutional reform)
  • "European democracy in action" (transnational deliberative democracy; European think tanks)
  • "Competition, cooperation, solidarity" (the CAP post-2013; the European budget; a European energy policy)
  • "Europe and world governance" (comparative regional integration

My oh my. Why am I shocked? You are such a reasonable and truth talker normally....So an arch member of the EU says Brexit will be a disaster. A person who is literally paid by the EU to further it says leaving the EU will be bad.

You gullible fool. Take your propaganda elsewhere.
All experience is subjective as bateson said. You need to establish whether lamys qualifications and bias makes his assertions more or less valid than, say, boris' knowledge and bias.
On another level, you do have a significant problem with emotional dysregulation. Youre not doing yourself any favours by getting this worked up. And it impairs ones judgement.

Reactions: robdon

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
All experience is subjective as bateson said. You need to establish whether lamys qualifications and bias makes his assertions more or less valid than, say, boris' knowledge and bias.
On another level, you do have a significant problem with emotional dysregulation. Youre not doing yourself any favours by getting this worked up. And it impairs ones judgement.

On another level?

On another level? Did you mean to write that?

Anyway. On another level I'm literally being paid to write stuff that makes you look a bit silly.

What's not to like?

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
On another level?

On another level? Did you mean to write that?

Anyway. On another level I'm literally being paid to write stuff that makes you look a bit silly.

What's not to like?
Being a troll not a very meaningful way to spend ones limited time on the planet. Life is short my friend, get out there and find something more meaningful in the real world.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Being a troll not a very meaningful way to spend ones limited time on the planet. Life is short my friend, get out there and find something more meaningful in the real world.
Come on JA, you must admit offering Pascal Lamy's predictions is rather like us offering Nigel Farage's. I dont think you could find a more biased opinion if you tried, to then level accusation of trolling at Fingers is quite mad after all his input.
As for your advice about finding something more meaningful for his time, we could all take that, especially your dear self and your best buddy who posts on average of 30 posts a day.. He does nothing else, I, ve put him on ignore and thread shrunk by 20%.
The pair of you are utterly obsessed.
Perhaps you should both march somewhere.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Failure to get your message across makes a protest towards the futile end of the scale. And if the number of people in the photos is anything to go by, they were somewhat short of the Farage amble, let alone the London event. :)

23rd March 'Leave means leave' - pro-Brexit protesters blockade ferry terminal
A GROUP hoping Britain leaves the EU took part in a blockade of the Pembroke Dock Ferry Terminal today (Saturday).

Two Pembrokeshire groups, Protest for Fishing Rights and Pembrokeshire for Brexit, united to organise the protest.

https://www.milfordmercury.co.uk/news/pembrokeshire_news/17522967.leave-means-leave-pro-brexit-protesters-blockade-ferry-terminal/

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Come on JA, you must admit offering Pascal Lamy's predictions is rather like us offering Nigel Farage's. I dont think you could find a more biased opinion if you tried, to then level accusation of trolling at Fingers is quite mad after all his input.
As for your advice about finding something more meaningful for his time, we could all take that, especially your dear self and your best buddy who posts on average of 30 posts a day.. He does nothing else, I, ve put him on ignore and thread shrunk by 20%.
Did you read his previous post?
"Anyway, im literally being paid to write things.."
I was responding to that with my reference to trolling and finding something better to do.
You do major on moral relativism.
Lamy is not farage. Occasionaly posting on a thread is not the same as being paid to make others look silly.

• Agree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I was responding to that with my reference to trolling and finding something better to do.
Lamy is not farage. Occasionaly posting on a thread is not the same as being paid to make others look silly.

No no no you silly man. As usual in your haste to score petty points you missed the point.

I was at work cutting a story about Mozambique. I had finished the piece and as I was waiting for it to air I decided to reply to one of your numerous and increasingly goading posts you had made. I ignored the direct ones you levelled at me and since ignoring your leader as well I have found this forum worth spending actual time responding to. So in effect I was being paid to reply to your nonsense about Pascal. It’s as simple as that.

I honestly do not think you understand what an internet troll is. Although next time you pass a mirror....

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
No no no you silly man. As usual in your haste to score petty points you missed the point.

I was at work cutting a story about Mozambique. I had finished the piece and as I was waiting for it to air I decided to reply to one of your numerous and increasingly goading posts you had made. I ignored the direct ones you levelled at me and since ignoring your leader as well I have found this forum worth spending actual time responding to. So in effect I was being paid to reply to your nonsense about Pascal. It’s as simple as that.

I honestly do not think you understand what an internet troll is. Although next time you pass a mirror....
Well, you certainly have a rich if rather cliched and adolescent fantasy life. Heres to hoping youre alleged writing about mozambique isnt as vulgar and embarrasing as your contributions to this thread.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Confirmation of our suspicions, many thanks...
But you aren't earning your crust with your poor quality defence of Brexit are you?
Amusing attempt at one upmanship, and the usual culprits lapped it up from someone who hides from the debate.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Thanks for compliment. Perhaps we should all study it a bit.
I never said Lamy was Farage. It was an analogy. Both occasionally talk bo!!ox, Lamy more so than Farage. Both produce propoganda, again Lamy more than Farage. Infact Lamy's employment is to produce propoganda for an organisation rich in it, but for some reason remainers see them as propoganda free, which is very ironic with their claims of leavers easy manipulation.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I never said Lamy was Farage. It was an analogy. Both occasionally talk bo!!ox, Lamy more so than Farage. Both produce propoganda, again Lamy more than Farage. Infact Lamy's employment is to produce propoganda for an organisation rich in it, but for some reason remainers see them as propoganda free, which is very ironic with their claims of leavers easy manipulation.
That last line is interesting, are you saying the leavers were not manipulated and actually foresaw how Brexit would pan out?
You mean they actually voted for this debacle?
So why do you keep blaming remainers for your mess?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
On the current 5 million+ petition, it says: Waiting for 4 days for a debate date

This time has not shortened as the days go by, indeed, it has increased, as at one point it said one day. Anyone know how the number of days is managed?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Perhaps you should both march somewhere.
Have you still got me on ignore Zlatan? my goodness that is very brave of you!
For the record launching unprovoked attacks from the safety of ignoring someone is not exactly heroic stuff is it?
We now have half the leave supporters on here afraid to debate the biggest issue of our time.
That really puts their cause in perspective.
They can only pontificate, not debate, and they take every opportunity to blame anyone but themselves for the mess their mad choice has got the country into.

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
On the current 5 million+ petition, it says: Waiting for 4 days for a debate date

This time has not shortened as the days go by, indeed, it has increased, as at one point it said one day. Anyone know how the number of days is managed?
Chaotically? :rolleyes:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Perhaps you should have "Studied a bit before voting for Brexit"?
Perhaps one of the few remaining leavers could pass that into Zlatan's corner with my compliments?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Boris is going biblical on us now

How corny can he get?
Hang on a minute.......
The Exodus from Egypt was followed by Forty years wandering in the Wilderness
It would serve Boris right if they made him PM

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Boris is going biblical on us now

How corny can he get?
Hang on a minute.......
The Exodus from Egypt was followed by Forty years wandering in the Wilderness
It would serve Boris right if they made him PM
I'm tempted to say: Keep taking the tablets...

Moses said that he could not speak eloquently... so sent Aaron (or is that Arron? ;)) in his place.

We have to suffer ten plagues.

With what is Boris threatening those who support remain? "Moses, out of anger, broke the tablets, and later ordered the elimination of those who had worshipped the golden statue, which was melted down and fed to the idolaters.

And Moses has a pretty despicable reputation:

And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp; and Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle; and Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the Lord in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the Lord. Now, therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known a man by lying with him; but all the women-children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That's your best shot? I thought people knew what they were voting for?

Who is to blame for that? because it is due to the Brexit Vote and nothing else, isn't it?

Try this for size

Note that no explanation is given as to the fact that immigrants only have three months to find work before they can be returned, and we are part of the law making process as members, and had a veto on laws we didn't like.
Nor does it explain where the magic improvements of the NHS depicted outside the EU are to come from.
We were major partners inside the EU, yet thanks to your vote to leave, we will have to do what they tell us where before as members we were telling them and having influence over events.

I'm puzzled why you posted a graphic that confirmed you made a mistake and brought the situation depicted about.

Last edited:

Advertisers