Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
virtually all the civil unrest, demonstrations and riots in this country are performed by the far left. Don't recall seeing any far right protests shutting down London or rioting over poll tax, or getting kids out of school complaining about climate change. All these are driven by the far left.
Are they really?

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yes, perhaps. But that is an opinion,of which you are perfectly entitled to hold and announce. Personally I, d rather leave but I see the reasoning.
Besides, our influence on who gets in power in individual countries is unchanged. But their influence over us is so much stronger if those same factions are represented in EU, which they are. (Penn and son both MEPs???)
To be perfectly honest if we were to become part of EU fully, with no Westminster and a single tier of EU wide governance and representation that would be OK, but the EU current situation of dual responsibility is seriously flawed. Whats the point of 2 governments? Scrap one or leave the other?
Now we are on the same page my friend, Westminster has had it's day.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
virtually all the civil unrest, demonstrations and riots in this country are performed by the far left. Don't recall seeing any far right protests shutting down London or rioting over poll tax, or getting kids out of school complaining about climate change. All these are driven by the far left.
Of course, they protest against the right wing policies of the Tory governments who have had most of governance in recent decades.

If we'd had left wing governance instead, we may well have seen right wing protesters. And the right certainly do have protesters, remember the demonstrations and right wing thuggery against the ban on hunting with dogs?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Or are these the sort of facts some leave voters don't believe in?
vfr400 voted to remain.
he only defends leavers on this thread.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Do you have any evidence that it wasn't aliens that built the pyramids?
The documented evidence from archaeology is irrefutable, the pyramids were built by the Egyptians. The evidence left for us is so complete that we even have the adult life stories of some of the craftmen employed on the more advanced masonry and sculpting.

And if aliens were involved, they would surely use the pyramids to celebrate themselves, not Egyptian kings. Simple logic.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
remember the demonstrations and right wing thuggery against the ban on hunting with dogs?
do you remember the heavy handed way the police treated the countryside alliance. A big contrast to the way these climate change muppets were treated

• Dislike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
do you remember the heavy handed way the police treated the countryside alliance. A big contrast to the way these climate change muppets were treated
Yes, and it was well deserved retaliation by the police against those Countryside Alliance thugs. The latter started the violence by trying to break down a barrier protecting parliament, punching police officers do that.

Those thugs were the same countryside yobs who think it ok to use physical violence against anti-hunt protesters, with the police refusing to act against their violence. The police have always had right wing sympathies, it goes with the nature of the job.

Last edited:
  • Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
what are they?. Expecting able bodied people to work for a living. Reducing unemployment. Sorting out the mess left by Labour government?
Rubbish, you really do wear blinkers.

Try the poverty of zero hours contracts, universal credit leaving people without any means to live, agencies trying to force disabled people to work in jobs it's impossible for them to perform, cutting housing benefit which has created widespread homelessness, the NHS in crisis in many ways, the police no longer able to cope through the extent of cutbacks, and much, much more.

As for sorting out a mess, this period of Tory government has created the biggest mess in society this country has ever known. And still they haven't got on top of the economy, instead with the Brexit they alone created ensuring we'll be even worse off for many years.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Rubbish, you really do wear blinkers.

Try the poverty of zero hours contracts, universal credit leaving people without any means to live, agencies trying to force disabled people to work in jobs it's impossible for them to perform, cutting housing benefit which has created widespread homelessness, the NHS in crisis in many ways, the police no longer able to cope through the extent of cutbacks, and much, much more.

As for sorting out a mess, this period of Tory government has created the biggest mess in society this country has ever known. And still they haven't got on top of the economy, instead with the Brexit they alone created ensuring we'll be even worse off for many years.
I think you are wearing the blinkers. You are only seeing what you want to see

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Yes, and it was well deserved retaliation by the police against those Countryside Alliance thugs. The latter started the violence by trying to break down a barrier protecting parliament, punching police officers do that.

Those thugs were the same countryside yobs who think it ok to use physical violence against anti-hunt protesters, with the police refusing to act against their violence. The police have always had right wing sympathies, it goes with the nature of the job.
Just a few generalisations there flecc mixed in with half truths and plenty of anti authority leanings. Lacking in objectivity springs to mind.
And can you really see Labour policies taking us (well you in London?) out of this grinding poverty. (I, m exageratting)
Are things really that bad???

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think you are wearing the blinkers. You are only seeing what you want to see
I see it all, the good and the bad, not excluding anything through the blindness of the political bias you are so obviously suffering from.

Are you really trying to say those things I listed do not exist?

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
What democratic process are you referring to? I support all of those things but not a rigged referendum orchestrated with dark funds from questionable origins.
It should be run again more carefully monitored this time.
Where is the harm in that ?
It will give the same result if the Public want that, it isn't like winning a coconut at the fair, something you can keep forever.
Time to retest the public opinion before making so serious a step.
That is what Democracy is about, not a one time rub the lamp and make a wish situation.
I think the European elections are going to show you something.

Every side in every election has done everything they can to influence the result. that's how it works. When it comes to the ballot box, people vote of their own free will. if they want to listen to crap, that's up to them. Don't forget that you're also complicit in what you're accusing others of.

Advertisers