Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Great isnt it. France got Macron, who I, m not impressed with, and our cometh the hour cometh the man is Farage.
Actions post these elections will be interesting.
Will BXP stand, will Farage, will they join forces with another party.??
Crazy times.
If those figures were replicated in a GE we wouldnt have a majority government, whats new?, but who would deal with who to make one??
Larry the Cat?

• :D
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
At times like this you wonder if this is going to be the lowest turnout ever due to the public being heartily sick of Brexit and not seeing the point (there isn't one really unless we remain) of voting in these elections

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The most ominous thing about this election is simply this

It will be the first one won by a private company backed by sinister financiers and subversion of rules and the media, rather than a political party

I find this augers badly for the future and the corporates will regard it as meaning that political power is easily bought.

You just need to work a confidence trick and actually promise the public something they don't understand but make it look wonderful.

Not Democracy, Mass trickery.
The people are looking at a future of being merely work units owned by corporate interests

A re run of the middle ages of Serfs and Masters
Is this what the Brexit voters voted for?
They have certainly been conned to the point of screaming for it.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
apparently, TM capitulated to her ERG MPs, no deal brexit is back.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev and oldgroaner

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
At times like this you wonder if this is going to be the lowest turnout ever due to the public being heartily sick of Brexit and not seeing the point (there isn't one really unless we remain) of voting in these elections
We, ve just been sat saying exactly same. Does seem rather pointless.

Reactions: Nev and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Don't let that resolution diminish as you pass the pub and betting shop. ;)

With the turnout so far, your vote could tip the balance.
Have no fear - I always vote. In fact, we always vote. :)

Obviously I could only see a bit of the voters list but it looked pretty sparse to me. We did have a nasty car crash very close by which closed a major road and would have made getting to the polling station awkward through much of the day. I wouldn't be surprised if some people delayed voting - or even decided not to bother.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The most ominous thing about this election is simply this

It will be the first one won by a private company backed by sinister financiers and subversion of rules and the media, rather than a political party
That's completely wrong. The Labour and Conservative parties have no chance. The Brexit party will win.

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Makes me laugh. Not really laugh.... QT is arguing about keeping British Steel. Obviously not owned by these shysters in charge now. They have failed.

But it turns out this plant makes the best rails for trains in the world. Guess what we are building in the next few years....

I’m not entirely convinced with HS2 but surely if we are building it why would we import steel?

Madness.

I’m not saying I’ve become a Make Great Britain Great Again hat wearer. For the record I voted green today. I feel a bit queasy about it and almost wish I voted Brexit. But I didn’t.

But we need steel for a massive infrastructure programme. If we lose this plant then we are really looking down the rabbit hole of madness.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I see China is threatening us over the 5G infrastructure. Use us or else type tactics.

The UK will be very vulnerable to this type of thing from other nations once we leave the EU.

It’s obvious that America is scared. Huawei smash the **** out of apple phones. This is all they have left. Fear and threats.

I’ve had huawei phones for years because I know they are the best. I bet it’s the same for their basic infrastructure too.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
It’s obvious that America is scared. Huawei smash the **** out of apple phones. This is all they have left. Fear and threats.

I’ve had huawei phones for years because I know they are the best. I bet it’s the same for their basic infrastructure too.
Agree regarding their phones and the same goes for their infrastructure hardware. However as a Chinese company, they are compelled to cooperate with Chinese government intelligence and military agencies. I am concerned about that aspect.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
According to The Daily Express, we all voted to leave the EU yesterday in a second referendum. When did the counting take place? How big was the leave margin? Did anyone here take part in this second referendum? I’m not aware of one taking place where I live.

Of course it could all be bull ****.

Advertisers