Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Pleeeeease read

I did. But I still maintain that I’m right and the ones who see it differently are wrong. In the sense their synapses are not firing correctly in this instance. They kind of infer this in the article. Peeps are seeing it with the wrong setting in their brain.

There is a really easy way of checking this and it’s what colour temperature the image is. As it’s blue and black is a low temperature. I can check this on an editing device I use called an AVID. You go into colour correction settings hover over a part of the screen and it gives you the temperature. You need this for grading high end films.

So even though you might maintain you are seeing white and gold pink and red etc.

You are wrong.

I’m not saying you are all mental. Just defective.

Edit. The small thumbnail image makes the black look more gold but we know it’s black.

• :D
Reactions: daveboy

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I did. But I still maintain that I’m right and the ones who see it differently are wrong. In the sense their synapses are not firing correctly in this instance. They kind of infer this in the article. Peeps are seeing it with the wrong setting in their brain.

There is a really easy way of checking this and it’s what colour temperature the image is. As it’s blue and black is a low temperature. I can check this on an editing device I use called an AVID. You go into colour correction settings hover over a part of the screen and it gives you the temperature. You need this for grading high end films.

So even though you might maintain you are seeing white and gold pink and red etc.

You are wrong.
I suspect we may be at cross purposes. I am not arguing that the red spots seen on my monitor are correct, it's quite likely they are not on the moderate cost uncalibrated system I'm using.

But they are red and you would also see them as red on my monitor, however wrong it might be.

If you doubt the range of variation in digital imagery, pop into a large TV showroom where all the sets are displaying the same sourced picture.

This is a very different matter from the one of the dress, in that as you rightly say, the individual is the source of the wrong colours.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My God. Finally. Pure sanity. This is not being sarcastic. This is the simple truth.
In digital imagery there is no one truth of perception. There is only one truth of perception per device and its state, as Fingers acknowledges by his use of Avid to correct perceived images.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

You are wrong.

I’m not saying you are all mental. Just defective.

Edit. The small thumbnail image makes the black look more gold but we know it’s black.
That's reassuring , apart from you everyone else if defective.
I must say I like your style....

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Didn’t the fact that it stopped once it got to a figure that pretty much matched what the real vote actually returned suggest a clumsy foreign influence?
I really love humour, especially this sort, did you actually read it? :cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
For your information I present the intent of our New Masters who will implement a far more restrictive control over us and simply rule the roost
https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/Summary_of_U.S.-UK_Negotiating_Objectives.pdf

I you imagined the EU told us what to do, you have a very severe shock to look forward to
How about this snippet
"Provide a mechanism to ensure transparency and take appropriate action if the UK negotiates a free trade agreement with a non-market country.

"With respect to commercial partnerships:

 Discourage actions that directly or indirectly prejudice or otherwise discourage commercial activity solely between the United States and Israel;
 Discourage politically motivated actions to boycott, divest from, and sanction Israel;  Seek the elimination of politically motivated nontariff barriers on Israeli goods, services, or other commerce imposed on Israel; and
 Seek the elimination of state-sponsored unsanctioned foreign boycotts of Israel, or compliance with the Arab League Boycott of Israel.

Currency: -

Ensure that the UK avoids manipulating exchange rates in order to prevent effective balance of payments adjustment or to gain an unfair competitive advantage.
And this

Prevent the undermining of market access for U.S. products through the improper use of the UK’s system for protecting or recognizing geographical indications, including any failure to ensure transparency and procedural fairness, or adequately protect generic terms for common use;

What happened to our Sovereignty?

We would have to be insane to get involved with this, it's nothing more than a total take over of the nation
Invaded and taken over by a hostile foreign power without a shot being fired that is the intended fate for us.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
For your information I present the intent of our New Masters who will implement a far more restrictive control over us and simply rule the roost
https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/Summary_of_U.S.-UK_Negotiating_Objectives.pdf

I you imagined the EU told us what to do, you have a very severe shock to look forward to
How about this snippet
"Provide a mechanism to ensure transparency and take appropriate action if the UK negotiates a free trade agreement with a non-market country.

"With respect to commercial partnerships:

 Discourage actions that directly or indirectly prejudice or otherwise discourage commercial activity solely between the United States and Israel;
 Discourage politically motivated actions to boycott, divest from, and sanction Israel;  Seek the elimination of politically motivated nontariff barriers on Israeli goods, services, or other commerce imposed on Israel; and
 Seek the elimination of state-sponsored unsanctioned foreign boycotts of Israel, or compliance with the Arab League Boycott of Israel.

Currency: -

Ensure that the UK avoids manipulating exchange rates in order to prevent effective balance of payments adjustment or to gain an unfair competitive advantage.
And this

Prevent the undermining of market access for U.S. products through the improper use of the UK’s system for protecting or recognizing geographical indications, including any failure to ensure transparency and procedural fairness, or adequately protect generic terms for common use;

What happened to our Sovereignty?

We would have to be insane to get involved with this, it's nothing more than a total take over of the nation
Invaded and taken over by a hostile foreign power without a shot being fired that is the intended fate for us.
I have downloaded this for further study: I commend this to you

Reactions: oyster and flecc

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Spiv Farage is getting as inflated as the Trump blimp

Nigel Farage refuses to attend EU hearing into Arron Banks cash - Nigel Farage says he will not attend a committee investigating whether he broke European Parliament rules by accepting funding from Leave campaigner Arron Banks.

Farage 'wants to open trade talks with US' - Now, according to the Daily Telegraph's chief political correspondent, Mr Farage has said he wants to open trade talks with White House staff ahead of the UK leaving the EU.

The future looks bleak

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Spiv Farage is getting as inflated as the Trump blimp

Nigel Farage refuses to attend EU hearing into Arron Banks cash - Nigel Farage says he will not attend a committee investigating whether he broke European Parliament rules by accepting funding from Leave campaigner Arron Banks.

Farage 'wants to open trade talks with US' - Now, according to the Daily Telegraph's chief political correspondent, Mr Farage has said he wants to open trade talks with White House staff ahead of the UK leaving the EU.

The future looks bleak
Don’t worry, just like a balloon, Farage will whiz around in a random orbit making a loud farting noise. Then pretty soon he will just be a flaccid bag of spent air on the living room carpet. It’s what he’s good at.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Donald Trump has, in his own inimitable way, done a lot of good to the brexit debate by explaining the reality of trade negotiation.
If we leave, we should join EFTA.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and 50Hertz

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Telegraph this morning
"Trump says May did a very good job with Brexit negotiations"
"President backtracks after saying NHS on the table in trade deal"

Someone told him to tell the "Limeys" want they want to hear

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I the independent
"
Boris Johnson has turned down a face-to-face meeting with Donald Trump after the US president called to make a direct offer, it has emerged.
The Conservative leadership front runner held a "friendly and productive" phone call with Mr Trump on Tuesday but he declined the chance to meet the president during his three-day state visit to London.

Mr Johnson turned down the opportunity for talks with the president to attend a leadership hustings, where he is seeking to woo an influential caucus of Tory moderates.

Interesting..............

• Informative
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

Advertisers