Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc.. the UK have done nothing worthwhile in Phase 2 containment. The Phase 1 response was good, with contact tracing etc, but Phase 2 is now poor.
Second reply, all happening now just as I thought.

Local and mayoral elections in England will be postponed for a year to May 2021 due to the coronavirus outbreak.

All league football games cancelled, London Marathon deferred to October, St Patrick's Day Parade and Festival cancelled.

Extinction Rebellion have decided to cancel their next peaceful mass action in the capital.

A huge range of London event postponements on this link.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Local and mayoral elections in England will be postponed for a year to May 2021 due to the coronavirus outbreak.

All league football games cancelled, London Marathon deferred to October, St Patrick's Day Parade and Festival cancelled.

Extinction Rebellion have decided to cancel their next peaceful mass action in the capital.

What Boris wants is for the Public to make decisions he lacks the balls to do for fear of getting them chopped off if he gets it wrong.
Wrong man
In the wrong job
At the wrong time

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What pills are being prescribed?
I didn't ask. It was three weeks ago. He had symptoms while on holiday in Thailand, cut short his holiday and flew home. He called 111 on the same day, was told not to go to his doctor's surgery -just collect the pills.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
That's my 88 year old brother in Dorset, my 71 year old sister in Bulgaria or my 81 year old sister in Pennsylvania then.

I'm in South London!

If I get infected guess I'll just have to take a cue from the lepers of old and wander down to the pharmacist ringing a handbell and calling out "Unclean, unclean."
We have been wondering about going out for walks if confined but well enough to do so.

In our particular area, we could easily keep at least ten metres away from anyone and still get a decent leg stretch - so long as anyone we do see understands and doesn't encroach. Yes, we did consider making some sort of "I've got the plague" badge - or ringing a bell...

Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Yes.. but excepting the elections, these are community led not Government led. The FA made the decision, not the State, the WRU were shamed into it by the FA.

Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The governement is really managing to engender trust.

WHO urges countries to 'track and trace' every Covid-19 case

Advice comes day after UK decides to stop community tests and only test hospital cases

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I keep seeing claims that huge doses of vitamin C (even up to 200 grams a day!) and iodine (sniffed from a salt pipe) will help with, well, almost anything. But definitely nasty viruses and also bacterial diseases.

Seems part of the claim is both substances kill all viruses and all bacteria.

Can't help wondering why they don't use vitamin C instead of nasty chlorine on chickens in the USA? Probably find lots of people in the UK queuing up for good ol' US of A chicken.

And just what does DT use to achieve that strange orange hue?

Reactions: oldgroaner

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Now it is a USA emergency.

There’s been an ongoing concern about the availability of tests for the Coronavirus. Trump said his team expected “half a million additional tests will be available early next week.”

“Which will bring probably 1.4 million tests next week and five million in a month,” Trump said. “Our overriding goal is to stop the spread of the virus.”

AND

“National Emergency, two very big words.”

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I keep seeing claims that huge doses of vitamin C (even up to 200 grams a day!) and iodine (sniffed from a salt pipe) will help with, well, almost anything. But definitely nasty viruses and also bacterial diseases.

Seems part of the claim is both substances kill all viruses and all bacteria.

Can't help wondering why they don't use vitamin C instead of nasty chlorine on chickens in the USA? Probably find lots of people in the UK queuing up for good ol' US of A chicken.

And just what does DT use to achieve that strange orange hue?
I'll pass on sniffing Iodine thank you very much! :oops:

• :D
Reactions: robdon and oyster

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Yes, we did consider making some sort of "I've got the plague" badge - or ringing a bell...
Just been rereading my Arthur Ransome. Yellow flag for quarantined by the plague; yellow and black chequered for the plague itself.

Advertisers