Not quite Siege of Leningrad

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The major flaw in that analysis, is that China was able to lock down 11million and mobilization of resources from a population base of 1000 million . So if they managed their 4% mortality , it does not follow that other countries can do the same.
perhaps the British government will continue with the lockdown until a vaccine is available.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

Not quite Siege of Leningrad

I recommend:
Stalingrad by Vasily Grossman (Author), Robert Chandler (Translator)
(I know Leningrad isn't Stalingrad!)

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
“The UK may not have all the ventilators it needs by the time coronavirus cases in the country reach their peak, engineering firms warned.”

They won’t now the government have spunked two months away, fannying about.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They are now saying 6 months is likely, and possibly more.
actually, I would support it.
If CV comes back this winter, it'll kill a lot of pensioners, especially those with high BMI, they are in the high risk group.
they make up the bulk of my customers.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
There has not been enough humour recently - for understandable reasons. So let us thank this young Australian for providing what is so needed at this time. Not only trying in his own way to do something useful but also making me (and many others) laugh:

Astrophysicist gets magnets stuck up nose while inventing coronavirus device

Australian Dr Daniel Reardon ended up in hospital after inserting magnets in his nostrils while building a necklace that warns you when you touch your face

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/30/astrophysicist-gets-magnets-stuck-up-nose-while-inventing-coronavirus-device

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
This guy has style!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-thailand-king-maha-vajiralongkorn-grand-hotel-sonnebichl-germany-a9431936.html

Coronavirus: Thai king self-isolates in Alpine hotel with harem of 20 women amid pandemic

Boris must be seriously miffed to be upstaged as much as this, do you think he is allowed to go out once a day to exercise? :cool:
"however 119 members of the entourage had been sent back to thailand on suspicion they contracted covid 19". You've got to hand it to it, it's an equal opportunities kind of virus (so far)

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Must surely be a better way of showing our appreciation than giving them STIs

London's mayor reflects on 'clap for carers'

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has said people should be "heartened by the best of us" after Thursday night's scenes of clapping across the nation to celebrate the efforts of the NHS.

In an interview with BBC Radio London he said: "The hairs on the back of my neck were standing up.

Advertisers