oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I didn't even know he was gay...

Prince Charles comes out

Ha! Should have read a bit further:

Prince Charles comes out of self-isolation

Prince Charles, who announced last week that he had tested positive for Covid-19, is now out of self-isolation.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Big panic here outside of one of our sections of flats. Two paramedic cars and an ambulance turned up, blue lights all flashing. All were wearing face masks and the lead paramedic robed himself in an all white oversuit, white hood, gloves etc, before entering the block.

Shortly after all the rest joined him carrying their huge back packs. Some while later they gradually dispersed, not taking anyone away.

I suppose a resident had sneezed or even coughed and phoned 999 in terror.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Mmmm out and about after only 7 days - when virus can persist in lungs for approx 20 days...

Yes.. That is far too short a time!. Now if the person was tested after a week and had no progression and no viruses ,then it was a false alarm, and the self isolation was just precautionary. But if there had been a test only 10 days earlier , showing viruses, it is utterly inexcusable... A person needs to remain isolated for a full week After virus shedding has ceased.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Gove's pants are on fire. Gosh - that is a horrible image, sorry.

UK ministers accused of overstating scale of coronavirus testing

Government around 3,000 tests short of meeting claimed target of 10,000 a day

Ministers have been accused of overstating the scale of coronavirus testing in the UK after the government had to admit it had not yet reached its target of testing 10,000 suspected cases a day.

Michael Gove, the Cabinet Office minister, claimed the target had been met, but it turned out only 9,114 tests had been been carried out during the last 24 hours for which figures are available.

The health minister Helen Whately acknowledged this only amounted to around 7,000 people being tested a day, because thousands of those are patients being tested multiple times.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/uk-ministers-accused-of-overstating-scale-of-coronavirus-testing

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I’m watching the Virus briefing. Why is the Y (Death Axis) a logarithmic scale?
Because most people struggle with arithmetic, let along them log things.

Don't you like the cut of their algibra?

Slightly more seriously, if you have an 85" tele and turn it into portrait orientation, you'd still struggle to meaningfully see 10, 100, 1000 and, god forbid, 10,000, vertically.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
With all these top people in Politics, the Church and Royalty announcing their "mild infection", I'm beginning to wonder if it's just the fashionable thing to do for a week or so until Waitrose gets restocked.
Inevitably, Gretta Thunberg announced that she had Coronavirus a few days ago.:rolleyes: I’ve not been able to summon sufficient enthusiasm to find out how she is.

Advertisers