Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
21m
"NHS England, has warned doctors, nurses and other staff will be subject to disciplinary action if they raise with the media their concerns relating to their workplace conditions or patient care, such as a shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE)." https://union-news.co.uk/gma-stands-with-nhs-workers-face-te-sack-for-blowing-the-whistle-on-governments-coronavirus-failings/

oldgroaner @oldgroaner
Replying to
@brexit_sham
Someone is seriously extracting the urine to threaten NHS staff with the sack at a time like this.. whoever you are resign immediately

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
The government said it skipped the EU procurement scheme for ventilators because it missed an email.

Now it turns out British officials took part in at least four procurement meetings.

Number 10 must answer. Did it put Brexit before people's lives?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
21m
"NHS England, has warned doctors, nurses and other staff will be subject to disciplinary action if they raise with the media their concerns relating to their workplace conditions or patient care, such as a shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE)." https://union-news.co.uk/gma-stands-with-nhs-workers-face-te-sack-for-blowing-the-whistle-on-governments-coronavirus-failings/

oldgroaner @oldgroaner
Replying to
@brexit_sham
Someone is seriously extracting the urine to threaten NHS staff with the sack at a time like this.. whoever you are resign immediately
Let us hope that NHS in Wales, NI and Scotland flat out disagree with NHS England on this issue and encourage their staff to publicise the issues.

Applying censorship, for how could this come across as anything else?, will only serve to undermine the NHS and government.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
21m

oldgroaner @oldgroaner
Replying to
@brexit_sham
Shocking. Could be beneficial if all the separate incidents are funneled through the union and reported by them, as it would give a single place to gather such information.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Shocking. Could be beneficial if all the separate incidents are funneled through the union and reported by them, as it would give a single place to gather such information.
Just noticed in the details on that report in the Independent.
It mentions 'planning to ensure the public received "clear and consistent information"'.
It doesn't mention "correct information".

(https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-nhs-uk-doctors-gagged-england-a9433171.html)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Frontline NHS staff in the UK on visas will be given an automatic one-year extension to help the UK battle the coronavirus.

Home Secretary Priti Patel said doctors, nurses and paramedics whose visas were due to run out before 1 October would be given the 12-month extension free of charge so they could “focus fully on combatting coronavirus and saving lives”. ('then with Brexit they can sod off...'}

The new measure will apply to around 2,800 immigrants working in the health service, and will be extended to their family members “demonstrating how valued overseas NHS staff are to the UK”.
'or expendendable...'

Ms Patel also confirmed the Home Office would lift the restriction on the number of hours student nurses and doctors can work in the NHS to make more staff available.

She said: “Doctors, nurses and paramedics from all over the world are playing a leading role in the NHS’s efforts to tackle coronavirus and save lives. We owe them a great deal of gratitude for all that they do."

Hopefully student nurses will have extensions on any essays coursework they normally have to do already while working full time.

• :D
  • Informative
Reactions: oyster and POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Now ex Home Secretary David Blunkett has joined with the myself (I got in first!), ex Supreme Court judge Jeremy Sumption and numerous others in the criticism of the Derbyshire Police totally OTT handling of the coronavirus control regulations.

Yet Derbyshire's Chief Constable Peter Goodman has defended his forces action by insisting they are getting it right, and even having the nerve to blame other forces for being OTT when the adjoining South Yorkshire force has done a far better job.

He should be sacked.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Now ex Home Secretary David Blunkett has joined with the myself (I got in first!), ex Supreme Court judge Jeremy Sumption and numerous others in the criticism of the Derbyshire Police totally OTT handling of the coronavirus control regulations.

Yet Derbyshire's Chief Constable Peter Goodman has defended his forces action by insisting they are getting it right, and even having the nerve to blame other forces for being OTT when the adjoining South Yorkshire force has done a far better job.

He should be sacked.
Not tarred and feathered? ...pity!

• :D
Reactions: flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

He should be sacked.
We used to go dog walking with Pete Goodman and his wife. He’s a nice man and his intentions are good. I lost touch with him a long time ago, but I must agree, Derbyshire police have done some odd things on his watch.

I do think the police should be given the powers to beat people unconscious when spat at or deliberately coughed over. Either that or the power to mark them with a hot iron.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
He should be sacked..
May i introduce the Derbyshire Deputy Chief Constable Rachel Swann ..
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/24/whaley-bridge-police-chief-reveals-sexist-homophobic-abuse-hairstyle/

Yes i know, ticks all the boxes don`t it?!!

• Informative
Reactions: sjpt and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We used to go dog walking with Pete Goodman and his wife. He’s a nice man and his intentions are good.
He's breaking articles 3 and 7 of the Peel Principles on police ethics which bind the UK police, so his intentions are dangerous:

Police must secure the willing co-operation of the public in voluntary observance of the law to be able to secure and maintain the respect of the public.

Police, at all times, should maintain a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

As David Blunkett observed, we have a tradition of policing by co-operation which must not be lost in the current measures. As he said, other's police forces where they've lived under fascism or communism don't have that tradition and it's too valuable to lose.

The Peter Goodmans of this world would accidentally have us sleep walk into a police state where we lose our hard won freedoms. They must always be vigorously opposed when they wander into this territory.

I don't join with those who objected to the use of a drone since it did identify an irresponsible large group. Where that force were very wrong was to put their video online with totally unjustified attacks on those who were walking in isolation, in some cases having driven there. Neither action was either wrong or illegal.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Police behaviour reminiscent of behaviour by (bad) teachers: If anyone is naughty the whole class will stay in.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Advertisers