Brexit, for once some facts.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
When I was a kid I came running out of school one day with my best mate and I threw a stone in his direction, it missed him and smashed someone's greenhouse window.
Next day we were up before the Head.....did you two break a window ? Err..no..well..umm..err I squirmed just like Cummings is doing now. We got away with it... just as he will only it's a bit more than just a pane of glass.
not your best analogy i fear Ross..

long story short Cummings is going nowhere...the witch hunt will fade out in a couple of days

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
he seems to be a kind, considerate, professional and forensic.

All in all i`m quite impressed - gone up in my estimation.
his defense is a 4 year old child which needed a wee.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Cummings interpreted the rules, the rest of us, including you and I, can't or at least have the decency not to.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Interesting...
so Woosh wouldn`t do that for your sick 4 year old child ? !!

Interesting and revealing.
I would at least check out if I could make other arrangements.
Cummings didn't explore any other possibilities.
It's only when he was spotted by passers-by that he was forced to admit that he broke the lockdown rules. He then tried to justify his decision.
If he is incapable of thinking of another solution other than breaking the lockdown rules, should he be trusted to occupy such a high position in government?

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
I would at least check out if I could make other arrangements.
Cummings didn't explore any other possibilities.
It's only when he was spotted by passers-by that he was forced to admit that he broke the lockdown rules. He then tried to justify his decision.
If he is incapable of thinking of another solution other than breaking the lockdown rules, should he be trusted to occupy such a high position in government?
Stop ducking and diving - answer the question put to you..

"Interesting...
so Woosh wouldn`t do that for your sick 4 year old child ? !! "

Yes or No?

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
So, 24 hours ago, Boris Johnson said the allegations against Dominic Cummings were, “palpably untrue. “ That statement came in the first minute of the Downing Street briefing.

Now that Cummings has confirmed that most of the allegations were actually true, where does that leave us in terms of placing our trust in the government?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So, 24 hours ago, Boris Johnson said the allegations against Dominic Cummings were, “palpably untrue. “ That statement came in the first minute of the Downing Street briefing.

Now that Cummings has confirmed that most of the allegations were actually true, where does that leave us in terms of placing our trust in the government?
Exactly where we were before apart from the usual idiots of course

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
not your best analogy i fear Ross..

long story short Cummings is going nowhere...the witch hunt will fade out in a couple of days
Truly you never see what is going on, do you? this fuss was created by Cummings with the express intention of "nudging" the public to kick the lockdown into touch
This achieves two things:
Everyone back to work
Boris doesn't get the blame for more deaths, the public do for ignoring advice as per Cummings example of his so fatherly looking after his family

Only a moron fell for it, well done
Of course he won't resign, he got the result and morons wont blame Boris if people die in droves

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

No, you got it all wrong. Not those allegations - about DC going to Durham, Barnard Castle, bluebell wood. The other allegations... Remember Johnson never clarifies or specifies which allegations.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Truly you never see what is going on, do you? this fuss was created by Cummings with the express intention of "nudging" the public to kick the lockdown into touch
This achieves two things:
Everyone back to work
Boris doesn't get the blame for more deaths, the public do for ignoring advice as per Cummings example of his so fatherly looking after his family

Only a moron fell for it, well done
Of course he won't resign, he got the result and morons wont blame Boris if people die in droves
I think the fumes of that lavatory have affected you today...... try wrenching out your U-bend again old chap :D:D

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Ah, the ferry to ROI!
My first visit ever visit to this strange foreign land, i was about five at the time, couldn`t see over the edge of the boat, then it was Warrenpoint - Omeath. I think we traveled to W`point by train in those days, now since long gone. Possibly now Narrow Water bridge will take the place of the ferrys -> https://www.irishnews.com/news/politicalnews/2020/01/14/news/campaigners-hearted-by-commitment-to-narrow-water-bridge-1813386/
Have you not seen it?. There is a ferry which goes across from Greenore to ,I think Greencastle . it takes cars and bikes . I have seen it but not yet travelled, but now its on my to do list.
I have seen the small boat Warren point to Omeath a number of times.. I think it was popular if the NI rules on Sunday drinking were stricter.
The huge attraction of school day trips to the North, was the opportunity to bring back Spangles ..They were never sold south of the border. Later the illicit trips were for fireworks and bangers ...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Oh dear.....silly me

so he hadn`t got a sick 4 yr old child at all ?? !!

ToiletBoy the oracle!!!
You really are one of the dimmest humans on the planet aren't you? 4 year old is just a ploy as he wasn't when Cummings first went to Durham!

He drove to Durham on March 31st
The son became ill on April 2nd

tommie do try to keep up

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
No way, everyone else could make the same claim, especially those whose relatives died
OG, you are letting your distaste for this person colour your better judgement. As I stated previously, there were a number of exemptions listed for excusable travel and dealing with Sick ..as opposed to Dead relatives was one.

Advertisers