Brexit, for once some facts.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Sort of
About time this one was, err....`re-located`

View attachment 35993

Karl Marx - the standard bearer for champagne fuelled hypocrisy, a life of leeching off others, never working and patronising the working class he knew nothing about.
His rambling, cod philosophy and economic drivel was badly written and pathetically argued.
Marxism was responsible for the murder, starvation, imprisonment and torture of at least 80 million people worldwide - more than all of man’s wars and conflicts combined.
Tragically, his poisonous, deadly legacy continues to infect mankind. The rioters, vandals and looters desecrating the Cenotaph and the statue of Churchill should read some history books and turn their limited attention and intelligence to Marx’s statue in North London.
Is the Thames nearby??
Ok, here's my good deed of the day. Read wilfred Owen's poetry. You'll never feel the same about the cenotaph again.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Barry's just used a screen capture in this instance flecc. Am I right about the uncovered nose though ?
Yes I know, but I still would have liked to see a video running to know whether he just dropped the mask for a moment. I've seen a number of them do that to get speech through more clearly without exposing the open mouth.

The nose doesn't matter so much, especially when the head is inclined slightly down as his is, since the air flow from the nostrils is downwards and aided by gravity.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
About time this one was, err....`re-located`

View attachment 35993

Karl Marx - the standard bearer for champagne fuelled hypocrisy, a life of leeching off others, never working and patronising the working class he knew nothing about.
His rambling, cod philosophy and economic drivel was badly written and pathetically argued.
Marxism was responsible for the murder, starvation, imprisonment and torture of at least 80 million people worldwide - more than all of man’s wars and conflicts combined.
Tragically, his poisonous, deadly legacy continues to infect mankind. The rioters, vandals and looters desecrating the Cenotaph and the statue of Churchill should read some history books and turn their limited attention and intelligence to Marx’s statue in North London.
Is the Thames nearby??
And is your knowledge of Karl Marx as comprehensive as it is of the EU and the consequences of Brexit?
And no. I don't support the theories Karl Marx had, but unlike you, took the trouble to research his theories before rejecting them as dangerously impractical
It's a process known as thinking for yourself, you should try it sometime
You've been cutting and pasting again, haven't you?
You need to give it up, you're not good at it.
Those are clearly not your words, why there isn't a single "Sieg Heil!" among them!:D

Sorry tommie, your diversion failed, but thank you for your comic contribution.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
These present times were clearly predicted by Enoch Powell back in the 70`s
No they weren't, we have no "rivers of blood". These demonstrations were overwhelmingly peaceful, the small minority of offenders being no different from a similar proportion in predominantly White demonstrations.

My neighbours and friends on both sides are black, the DPD driver who made a delivery to me just over an hour ago was black, but there are no "rivers of blood" here.

Rivers of blood will only possibly occur if provoked by those who support racist bigots like Enoch Powell and Nigel Farage.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Ah-Ha!!
Full house now, ToiletBoy enters - if somewhat late........... must have got stuck in some latrine U-bend

Gents i assume?? :p
Now that post is more original, it's even your own words, not cut and pasted

"Full house now, ToiletBoy enters - if somewhat late........... must have got stuck in some latrine U-bend"

What scintillating wit!

And quite naturally looks like the ravings of an idiot. One of your best efforts to communicate, clearly.

• :D
Reactions: tommie

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
These present times were clearly predicted by Enoch Powell back in the 70`s, pity successive governments didn`t pay heed.
Hopefully now Mr. Farages similar warnings will be listened to.
Only idiots listen to Farage, as you just proved :cool:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
No they weren't, we have no "rivers of blood". These demonstrations were overwhelmingly peaceful, the small minority of offenders being no different from a similar proportion in predominantly White demonstrations.

My neighbours and friends on both sides are black, the DPD driver who made a delivery to me just over an hour ago was black, but there are no "rivers of blood" here.

Rivers of blood will only possibly occur if provoked by those who support racist bigots like Enoch Powell and Nigel Farage.
I agree, but what do the protesters want? What are they protesting against and if it exists, how do they want it fixed?

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Yes I know, but I still would have liked to see a video running to know whether he just dropped the mask for a moment. I've seen a number of them do that to get speech through more clearly without exposing the open mouth.

The nose doesn't matter so much, especially when the head is inclined slightly down as his is, since the air flow from the nostrils is downwards and aided by gravity.
I expect Barry will come along later and put us out of our misery as to what's wrong in the video.

I almost always ride with my mouth shut because of all the midges & gnats that fly around these parts, so nose covering is a must for me. According to the medics you're supposed keep your nose covered when using a mask anyway regardless what for. If you ride a bike around a busy polluted town all day like the Deliveroo guys then blow your nose in a nice white hankie that tells all.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I expect Barry will come along later and put us out of our misery as to what's wrong in the video.

I almost always ride with my mouth shut because of all the midges & gnats that fly around these parts, so nose covering is a must for me. According to the medics you're supposed keep your nose covered when using a mask anyway regardless what for. If you ride a bike around a busy polluted town all day like the Deliveroo guys then blow your nose in a nice white hankie that tells all.
He gave the full report with the mask just covering his mouth. On the ITV evening news, exactly the same thing happened, the first person had just the mouth covered, the second person had one of the securing straps dangling under their chin so the masks wasn’t even touching the face around the mouth. When the government said that one of the reasons for not recommending the use of face masks was improper use, I thought they were joking, how hard can it be? It seems that people actually are that ******* stupid.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree, but what do the protesters want? What are they protesting against and if it exists, how do they want it fixed?
An end to the discrimination which so obviously exists.

They see from the body language and nature of the looks and reactions they get that they are not accepted in the same way as the white population. In some ways it was better in the days of overt up front discrimination, it's constantly sensing this underlying discrimination now that is so morale sapping, knowing it's there but being unable to do anything about it. The sense of helplessness it engenders is very demeaning.

I see it all the time and can give many examples, so I feel immense sympathy for them. I do everything I can to offset the damage others often do, being always ready with a warm smile, friendly greeting and assistance for anyone, regardless of whoever they are.

My philosophy is that every creature born on this earth has the right of access to the whole of it, so I hate closed borders and like and welcome all peoples, seeing them as enriching my environment and life.

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
An end to the discrimination which so obviously exists.

They see from the body language and nature of the looks and reactions they get that they are not accepted in the same way as the white population. In some ways it was better in the days of overt up front discrimination, it's constantly sensing this underlying discrimination now that is so morale sapping, knowing it's there but being unable to do anything about it. The sense of helplessness it engenders is very demeaning.

I see it all the time and can give many examples, so I feel immense sympathy for them. I do everything I can to offset the damage others often do, being always ready with a warm smile, friendly greeting and assistance for anyone, regardless of whoever they are.

My philosophy is that every creature born on this earth has the right of access to the whole of it, so I hate closed borders and like and welcome all peoples, seeing them as enriching my environment and life.
Well I would hope everyone feels the same as you.

I’m not sure discrimination exists. Look at people occupying top jobs in medicine and other professions. Lewis Hamilton hasn’t exactly been starved of opportunity in sports. I think a lot of people have “caught” the sense of discrimination and racism off Facebook, a bit like those who “catch” mental health issues, which is just a byword for feeling a bit pi$$ed because things aren’t quite like they want them to be.

Advertisers