Brexit, for once some facts.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
So face covering is going to be mandatory in shops after 24/07/2020 with a £100 on the spot fine for non compliance. A bit like forcing you to put on a rubber Johnny after you have blown your jiz.

Why didn’t they just sell face covering as an act that you can do to protect your fellow citizens? That would have gained more support than threatening to fine people. Wankers have got it wrong again.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0222_03.JPG
:p

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Because some people are so selfish, they don't even put their litter in a bin.
True, and us Brits defecate into our empty chip wrappers on public beaches and leave it there, but I’m not sure people understand face covering / masks. There has been so much mixed messaging and confusion from government, nobody is sure anymore. I think if it was made clear that wearing a mask protects the person stood next to you, the social pressure would work better than a fine. Somehow people respond better to helping someone else rather than trying to avoid a fine.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
True, and us Brits defecate into our empty chip wrappers on public beaches and leave it there, but I’m not sure people understand face covering / masks. There has been so much mixed messaging and confusion from government, nobody is sure anymore. I think if it was made clear that wearing a mask protects the person stood next to you, the social pressure would work better than a fine. Somehow people respond better to helping someone else rather than trying to avoid a fine.
You'd think they would use dog poo bags.

• :D
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So face covering is going to be mandatory in shops after 24/07/2020 with a £100 on the spot fine for non compliance.
I wish them luck with that. People are supposed to be wearing face masks on buses but as I've seen here and was also reported on the news, they are refusing to. That has surprised me since I thought the drivers wouldn't allow them on board without one. Trouble is of course that for viral safety we have centre door entry on buses in London so they aren't entering next to the driver now, meaning they have little control.

As for the supermarkets, I expect the staff to rebel since apart from the checkouts few of them are wearing masks. Last Tuesday I was chatting with two young shelf stackers in Waitrose, neither with masks and one close and very much face to face with me. I can't see them wearing masks doing that intensive job non stop.

Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I wish them luck with that. People are supposed to be wearing face masks on buses but as I've seen here and was also reported on the news, they are refusing to. That has surprised me since I thought the drivers wouldn't allow them on board without one. Trouble is of course that for viral safety we have centre door entry on buses in London so they aren't entering next to the driver now, meaning they have little control.

As for the supermarkets, I expect the staff to rebel since apart from the checkouts few of them are wearing masks. Last Tuesday I was chatting with two young shelf stackers in Waitrose, neither with masks and one close and very much face to face with me. I can't see them wearing masks doing that intensive job non stop.
The trouble is, they have left it to bus drivers, and now shop keepers to police the situation and challenge rule breakers. That is very unfair because these people are going to get abuse from people not complying. If the government are going to introduce such measures, they should work out how to enforce it and not dump the task on some poor low paid worker to take the flack.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
That has surprised me since I thought the drivers wouldn't allow them on board without one.
The trouble is, they have left it to bus drivers, and now shop keepers to police the situation and challenge rule breakers. That is very unfair because these people are going to get abuse from people not complying. If the government are going to introduce such measures, they should work out how to enforce it and not dump the task on some poor low paid worker to take the flack.
As we saw a few days ago with the unfortunate French bus driver who tried to enforce the rules.
Overall the French aren't much better or worse than us at following rules. (better at following no litter rules)

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Another U-turn (it was already expected):

Huawei to be stripped of role in UK's 5G network by 2027, Dowden confirms
U-turn puts Boris Johnson on collision course with Tory rebels on timing of ban

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I mentioned on here several weeks back how Huawei equipment is already been installed everywhere, I know because I've seen it being fitted. My local fibre optic cabinet has it as has many others have around the country although not all.
There's a web site some where you can locate the communications cab you are connected to (it may not be the closest incidentally ) and then see whose equipment you are using, if you are really lucky it's the best and fastest ... Huawei !
You can also find web sites that tell you who owns all the 4G masts local to you and when the Huawei 5G antennas will be going up, I already know where mine will be which is good because I have a 5G phone.
All this Huawei nonsense has arisen because of the American stance on China, we know it they know it, everybody knows it so it will just drag on until it's forgotten about.
Anyone got a Huawei cell phone ... no ? well you probably have, they make them for other mobile phone companies too so it's a case of like it or lump it, bit like masks :D

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I mentioned on here several weeks back how Huawei equipment is already been installed everywhere, I know because I've seen it being fitted. My local fibre optic cabinet has it as has many others have around the country although not all.
There's a web site some where you can locate the communications cab you are connected to (it may not be the closest incidentally ) and then see whose equipment you are using, if you are really lucky it's the best and fastest ... Huawei !
You can also find web sites that tell you who owns all the 4G masts local to you and when the Huawei 5G antennas will be going up, I already know where mine will be which is good because I have a 5G phone.
All this Huawei nonsense has arisen because of the American stance on China, we know it they know it, everybody knows it so it will just drag on until it's forgotten about.
Anyone got a Huawei cell phone ... no ? well you probably have, they make them for other mobile phone companies too so it's a case of like it or lump it, bit like masks :D
It does seem utterly nonsensical for us to have their phones, tablets, notebooks, smart bands, smart watches, mini hotspots, routers, memory cards, whatever else, and yet be worried about their network kit.

I'd understand far more if everything they do was under suspicion (or proved to be compromised).

I'd understand far more if the alternative suppliers were Plessey, GEC, STC. Imagine if we built our own kit, installed it and then flogged it to the rest of the world.

Advertisers