Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Vaccination has to work, we have nothing else.
Herd immunity?

Inasmuch that itself is a spread-inhibition due to acquired immunity, it really isn't majorly different to vaccination, anyway.

But what else can you even imagine as an answer?

A medicine we can take forever that protects us?

Living in a gigantic gaol which prevents transmission by isolating everyone - though possibly in bigger groups than at present are allowed?

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Interesting idea, but it will of course also serve to upset our elite who have put their money into Chinese investments undermining our economy as they make a huge no risk profits there.
If you want to tax anything a huge amount of money could be clawed back by taxing any UK investments in China.
But that is a two edged sword, how many pension funds are involved?
I don’t know how much of the UK’s pension industry has invested in China. I decided long ago that the only winners are the operators of our pension scams. Maybe they could invest in new U.K. industry? That’s a novel idea.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The grovelling begins
The Telegraph this morning headline over a picture of Boris looking eager and on the phone
Biden to visit UK first as he plans to work closely with PM
'Boris is a conservative, Joe's a moderate [Democrat] so I think they can get over it. I think they'll end up getting along'
My tweet in response

Gerald Bell@GOldcodger

Replying to
@brexit_sham
"Jump!" said Joe
"How high?" asked Boris
"Just don't bother coming down" replied Joe

:cool:

Reactions: Nev and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I don’t know how much of the UK’s pension industry has invested in China. I decided long ago that the only winners are the operators of our pension scams. Maybe they could invest in new U.K. industry? That’s a novel idea.
I remember when we actually had a UK industry, it turned out there was more profit to be made investing in China and running this country as a betting shop

(and of course a house of negotiable affection)

Which is about as good a description of the House of Commons as you will ever get:cool:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Biden to visit UK first as he plans to work closely with PM
Biden is a careful person who plans carefully and in detail. It is obvious that he has been preparing for inauguration day and will be ready.

What chance of working at all, let alone closely, with make-it-up-as-you-go-along Johnson? Change-your-mind-every-five-minutes Johnson? Plastic (polyuturnethane) Johnson?

Reactions: oldgroaner

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Watch some media genius suggest they went on there for the purpose of monitoring it for threats to the public
Be interesting to see what they actually did on the platform. After all, we have heard that everything has been downloaded (possibly more than once) and is stored somewhere.

• Agree

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The UK’s vaccination effort seems to be a world class continuing success. The number of vaccinations carried out per day is rising quickly. This probably has more to do with our impressive armed forces, NHS and the volunteers than anything the government and their racketeering friends in the private sector have done. It is an exemplary achievement though.

I‘m slightly uneasy with the strategy of EVERYTHING relying on the vaccine and the idea that life will suddenly return to normal and we will never hear of Coronavirus again.

Vaccination has to work, we have nothing else.
Yes. Already I hear from a Spanish friend that many vaccinated people there immediately feel they are free of all the lockdown rules etc. I'm not sure how many are vaccinated in Spain yet, and whether her information is just of a very small proportion of vacinees (is there such a word?). Many people have already voiced that concern, just illustrates how real a concern it is.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Reportedly the government is considering new measures, such as Hotel Quarantinia.

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

Reactions: Nev and oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I have encountered a new and dreadful side effect of the vaccine.
My poor wife's Dementia means that she is happy watching CITV children's television.
Since having the first jab I have started to enjoy it too!
Help!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I have encountered a new and dreadful side effect of the vaccine.
My poor wife's Dementia means that she is happy watching CITV children's television.
Since having the first jab I have started to enjoy it too!
Help!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
What's your fave Showdown game? :)
Can you Outsmart Sam? :)
Enjoying your Kitchen Disco? :)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Hypocrit. You willingly took the gamble.
Not Hypocritical at all, I unwillingly took the gamble, haven't you been reading my posts, or were you wearing your right wing rose coloured glasses again?
I have every right to expect my second dose in 21 days

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Guilty as

Guilty as charged but for one thing..the characters all speak too fast
I don't watch any of them! But numerous adverts (and programs) have speed of speaking which defies belief. I have tended to assume it is mostly when they really don't want me to hear - like adding conditions or exceptions and limitations.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It
I don't watch any of them! But numerous adverts (and programs) have speed of speaking which defies belief. I have tended to assume it is mostly when they really don't want me to hear - like adding conditions or exceptions and limitations.
It's probably a reality distortion since we passed through the Brexit barrier, there must be some reason the UK is going mad

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Not Hypocritical at all, I unwillingly took the gamble, haven't you been reading my posts, or were you wearing your right wing rose coloured glasses again?
I have every right to expect my second dose in 21 days
Typical.
Yes, you probably could have had 2nd in 3 weeks probably meaning your wife had none.
Worse than a hypocrit.
A very self important, me me me entitled stance but not surprising from such a self righteous fool.
Its nothing to do with tory, Labour, left or right you idiot.

• Disagree

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Herd immunity?

Inasmuch that itself is a spread-inhibition due to acquired immunity, it really isn't majorly different to vaccination, anyway.

But what else can you even imagine as an answer?

A medicine we can take forever that protects us?

Living in a gigantic gaol which prevents transmission by isolating everyone - though possibly in bigger groups than at present are allowed?
I’m not sure we can achieve any kind of herd immunity with anything other than a constantly modified vaccine. We are beginning to realise that having had Coronavirus does not make you immune in the long term.

I think the best we can hope to achieve is something not quite as good as we had before Coronavirus was unleashed on the world by the Chinese.

Reactions: POLLY and Zlatan

Advertisers