Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Screenshot_20210117_120126_com.huawei.intelligent.jpg
Being bitten by infected bats and not wearing masks whilst handling covid infected bats.
And this was 2017...???
Might be coincidence... But might not.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think the best we can hope to achieve is something not quite as good as we had before Coronavirus was unleashed on the world by the Chinese.
It's called justice and is only what we deserve for the despicable way in which we turned outselves into the largest drug dealers in history, using force to make China buy and use opium against it's own laws. That led to what the Chinese to this day call the "Century of humiliation".

The opium trade faced intense enmity from the later British Prime Minister William Ewart Gladstone.[30] As a member of Parliament, Gladstone called it "most infamous and atrocious" referring to the opium trade between China and British India in particular.[31] Gladstone was fiercely against both of the Opium Wars and ardently opposed to the British trade in opium to China.[32] He lambasted it as "Palmerston's Opium War" and said that he felt "in dread of the judgments of God upon England for our national iniquity towards China" in May 1840.[33] Gladstone criticized it as "a war more unjust in its origin, a war more calculated in its progress to cover this country with permanent disgrace,"

He was absolutely right, so lets have an end to your sustained attacks upon China. Where morality is concerned, the UK has no high ground to be proud of.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I don’t know how much of the UK’s pension industry has invested in China. I decided long ago that the only winners are the operators of our pension scams. Maybe they could invest in new U.K. industry? That’s a novel idea.
Surprise!! Surprise I agree with you. The huge difference is that Germany invested in home manufacturing , the UK invested in trading, not building. Buy cheap , sell dear.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It's called justice and is only what we deserve for the despicable way in which we turned outselves into the largest drug dealers in history, using force to make China buy and use opium against it's own laws. That led to what the Chinese to this day call the "Century of humiliation".

The opium trade faced intense enmity from the later British Prime Minister William Ewart Gladstone.[30] As a member of Parliament, Gladstone called it "most infamous and atrocious" referring to the opium trade between China and British India in particular.[31] Gladstone was fiercely against both of the Opium Wars and ardently opposed to the British trade in opium to China.[32] He lambasted it as "Palmerston's Opium War" and said that he felt "in dread of the judgments of God upon England for our national iniquity towards China" in May 1840.[33] Gladstone criticized it as "a war more unjust in its origin, a war more calculated in its progress to cover this country with permanent disgrace,"

He was absolutely right, so lets have an end to your sustained attacks upon China. Where morality is concerned, the UK has no high ground to be proud of.
1840??
Chinese hold grudges longer than Michael Corleone.
About time we invaded France, that William bloke came over here building castles and killing Brits.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Typical.
Yes, you probably could have had 2nd in 3 weeks probably meaning your wife had none.
Worse than a hypocrit.
A very self important, me me me entitled stance but not surprising from such a self righteous fool.
Its nothing to do with tory, Labour, left or right you idiot.
Zlatan.. you buy a new car which says make your oil should be changed after 2000km from new. You decide ,for finance or because you know better than the guys in the lab to leave the oil in for 2 years . The Engine wears badly and fails after 3 years .... Who is now the chump?.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
1840??
About time we invaded France, that William bloke came over here building castles and killing Brits.
..And he succeeded . Your ruling class are still Normans. The Harrowing of the North,is something you might read up on. Basically there are very few Brits left ..and they are in Wales.
If you think 1840 is a long time ago, why do you have a Nelsons Column, A Wellington Monument, a statue of Oliver Cromwell, ?
Just think.. a child in 1840 possibly lived until WW1 and fathered a child in 1880. Their child died in 1965, and watched as the British Empire imploded and the Flower
Power hippies set up the festivals you probably attended.
it is not a long time, and certainly not a long time to retain a hurt.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020

This is a case of stuff that dead people did to people who are also dead. It has absolutely no relevance to today, what happened can’t be changed. It belongs in the history museum along with slavery, not being used to justify present day happenings.

What we can talk about is China creating this global Coronavirus pandemic, the two million, and counting people they have killed with it and their wilful obstruction of the World Health Organisation’s investigation into the outbreak. The people responsible are still alive it would be good to see some kind of global effort to destroy them.

We could also mention China’s policy of executing political opponents, but we can save that for another day.

Reactions: Zlatan and POLLY

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
..And he succeeded . Your ruling class are still Normans. The Harrowing of the North,is something you might read up on. Basically there are very few Brits left ..and they are in Wales.
If you think 1840 is a long time ago, why do you have a Nelsons Column, A Wellington Monument, a statue of Oliver Cromwell, ?
Just think.. a child in 1840 possibly lived until WW1 and fathered a child in 1880. Their child died in 1965, and watched as the British Empire imploded and the Flower
Stop defending China and put your hat on.

Reactions: Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Not Hypocritical at all, I unwillingly took the gamble, haven't you been reading my posts, or were you wearing your right wing rose coloured glasses again?
I have every right to expect my second dose in 21 days
And further to that is this
Covid vaccine: Raab refuses to guarantee everyone will receive second dose

He simply expressed "hope"
Insanity rules in the
"World Beating Coronavirus vaccination Program"
But mugs will applaud these dangerous incompetent idiot politicians, no matter how many lives could be lost

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is a case of stuff that dead people did to people who are also dead. It has absolutely no relevance to today, what happened can’t be changed. It belongs in the history museum along with slavery, not being used to justify present day happenings.

What we can talk about is China creating this global Coronavirus pandemic, the two million, and counting people they have killed with it and their wilful obstruction of the World Health Organisation’s investigation into the outbreak. The people responsible are still alive it would be good to see some kind of global effort to destroy them.

We could also mention China’s policy of executing political opponents, but we can save that for another day.
Just a moment there two small snags
America executes people too
America was paying for research at the Wutan laboratory
America funded research on Coronavirus in Wuhan

U.S. government gave $3.7million grant to Wuhan lab at center of coronavirus leak scrutiny that was performing experiments on bats from the caves where the disease is believed to have originated
  • The US National Institutes of Health, a government agency, awarded a $3.7million research grant to the Wuhan Institute of Virology
  • The lab is the center of several conspiracy theories that suggest it is the original source of the coronavirus outbreak
  • The institute experimented on bats from the source of the coronavirus
  • They were captured more than 1,000 miles away in Yunnan
  • Sequencing of the Covid-19 genome has traced it to bats to Yunnan's caves
  • The U.S. government funded research on coronavirus transmission in the lab over the past decade
What is surprising is the fact that the Daily Mail carried that story, but they weren't the only source
Naturally there have been denials since

Reactions: POLLY and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This is a case of stuff that dead people did to people who are also dead. It has absolutely no relevance to today, what happened can’t be changed.
1840??
It is entirely relevant, as Gladstone rightly said "a war more calculated in its progress to cover this country with permanent disgrace,"

And let me remind you that by our recent disgusting food processing practices we brought the entirely new disease of BSE to the world, one so horrifying that it kills everyone who gets infected without exception, after gradually eating away the brain into the dementia of CJD.

As I posted, where morality is concerned, the UK has no high ground, past or present.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Ho dear, letting facts get in the way of a good rant .?
1. It is always interesting that the party who inflicted the damage , is always the one who says "let bygones be bygones ". Just like last weeks Republican GoP saying we need to bring the nation together ,so no impeachment. So lets just say" You wish."
2. The virus first identified in Wuhan was brought to the attention of the world by 3rd. January 2020, by the Chinese Authorities via WHO. It may have originated in China, it mzy have been imported into China..at this stage we do not know.
3. They wilfully objected to a partisan US commission. They have allowed and did engage with WHO and as we speak a panel are there.
4. Nice of you to hold off on executions... What was planned in Washington on 6th Jan? What happens in Russia? What did the USA government do to an Iranian government official at an airport in Pakistan?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Typical.
Yes, you probably could have had 2nd in 3 weeks probably meaning your wife had none.
Worse than a hypocrit.
A very self important, me me me entitled stance but not surprising from such a self righteous fool.
Its nothing to do with tory, Labour, left or right you idiot.
Sorry Zlatan you stopped talking sense long ago, and all we have left is an idiot gaslighting on behalf of the Government that had the duty to the population to get enough vaccine
Only a total idiot supports a policy that they had many months to strategise and failed.
You are far too simple minded to connect cause and effect.
They survive because people like you are keen to applaud even slight achievement even if they are half baked
Get this through your thick head
The Governments failure to react by closing the borders and fannying about over Christmas created the problem.
They are risking the lives of all of us As of today, in England, 2.33 million vaccinations have been given. With 1.96 million receiving their first dose, and 374,613 having already received both doses.
Do you imagine it's me, me alone? there are 1.96 million of us
Applauding such an appalling performance is idiotic

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It is entirely relevant, as Gladstone rightly said "a war more calculated in its progress to cover this country with permanent disgrace,"

And let me remind you that by our recent disgusting food processing practices we brought the entirely new disease of BSE to the world, one so horrifying that it kills everyone who gets infected without exception, after gradually eating away the brain into the dementia of CJD.

As I posted, where morality is concerned, the UK has no high ground, past or present.
where morality is concerned, It's more of a fetid swamp

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Sorry Zlatan you stopped talking sense long ago, and all we have left is an idiot gaslighting on behalf of the Government that had the duty to the population to get enough vaccine
Only a total idiot supports a policy that they had many months to strategise and failed.
You are far too simple minded to connect cause and effect.
They survive because people like you are keen to applaud even slight achievement even if they are half baked
Get this through your thick head
The Governments failure to react by closing the borders and fannying about over Christmas created the problem.
They are risking the lives of all of us As of today, in England, 2.33 million vaccinations have been given. With 1.96 million receiving their first dose, and 374,613 having already received both doses.
Do you imagine it's me, me alone? there are 1.96 million of us
Applauding such an appalling performance is idiotic
You still haven't realised, even after 4 years and approaching 5k posts on here repeating the same message time and time again does not make it either any more correct or convincing.

You are a Hypocrit. Fact. I thought it was younger generation with strong sense of self entitlement. It isn't its you.
As I, ve said before, had you truly believed the tripe you usher you would not have stood in queu to be vaccinated. You, d have said save mine for my wife in 3 weeks time, and you could have come out looking like you had some moral fibre and conviction. No, but you didn't, you qued up, and moaned about it, took the jab without a word of complaint, went home and started moaning immediately. Pathetic.
If you really believed this regime is so flawed why on earth take part.
You are a hypocrit, self rightoues, self entitled moaning fool. Moaning at the system which has probably saved yours and your wife's life. You should be ashamed but you won't be, you, ll justify it with same repeated dogma.
And if it said change oil after 3000 miles and I had none I, d have to wait until 9000 miles,I,d probably have to wait until 20,000 because self rightoues greedy sods like you changed theirs on schedule.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
We, re all ****** then. Let's bring up the killing of Chinese by Japan in 1937, Americans killing native Americans in 1840s,Russians killing Finish in 1939,Germans Killing well anybody they didn't like from Jews, to Poles, Blacks, Gypsies, handicapped, Catholics, Gays and a few French and Brits. What about the Spanish they committed genecide in Mexico, South America and goodness knows where else. I, m sure I could find more...
The past is the past. Let's deal with the present and future. There is growing evidence China has not behaved openly over covid. Whether they are to blame, who knows but we should investigate to prevent it happening again.
Screenshot_20210117_140705_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
Fecking English caused potato famine.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You still haven't realised, even after 4 years and approaching 5k posts on here repeating the same message time and time again does not make it either any more correct or convincing.

You are a Hypocrit. Fact. I thought it was younger generation with strong sense of self entitlement. It isn't its you.
As I, ve said before, had you truly believed the tripe you usher you would not have stood in queu to be vaccinated. You, d have said save mine for my wife in 3 weeks time, and you could have come out looking like you had some moral fibre and conviction. No, but you didn't, you qued up, and moaned about it, took the jab without a word of complaint, went home and started moaning immediately. Pathetic.
If you really believed this regime is so flawed why on earth take part.
You are a hypocrit, self rightoues, self entitled moaning fool. Moaning at the system which has probably saved yours and your wife's life. You should be ashamed but you won't be, you, ll justify it with same repeated dogma.
And if it said change oil after 3000 miles and I had none I, d have to wait until 9000 miles,I,d probably have to wait until 20,000 because self rightoues greedy sods like you changed theirs on schedule.
You are a complete idiot, and you don't seem to realise it
You also have a complete aversion to facing facts
Had the New Zealand Prime Minister been ours we would have had casualties in the 100's not the 100,000's
The Conservative Government relies on people as incompetent as they are to find excuses and see failure as success
And you are one of those people.
My motives are not selfish, simply rational and expecting competent handling of a crisis, after which there should be jail sentences handed out to the politicians that have failed the country in such a catastrophic fashion.
It is time you grew up and remember I make my own moral judgements not you, you are neither qualified to do that nor intelligent enough to even begin to understand the situation your sort of dumb passivity has brought this country down to.

Advertisers