Brexit, for once some facts.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
A

Agreed, suspect it burying heads in sand. Can't be frightened of something that's hidden, they can pretend it's not happening. It's why we have covid deniers.. Its safer if it's made up.
The more you know about China the more frightening it is. Ask folk in Hong Kong.
China is the modern day equivalent of Nazi Germany. Sadly Nazi Germany had it’s supporters, so it’s not that surprising to find China supporters at this time.

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
China is guilty of genocide and is operating forced Labour camps today. Why are people on here and BLAME clowns whinging about slavery which happened hundreds of years ago and ignoring and even defending China being involved in it today? Is it stupidity or is it a hatred of the U.K.? Maybe it’s both?
No it's neither.

It's accepting the responsibility for what we did and by taking the blame, expressing regret. This is an entirely decent thing to do and sets an example to others which we can have pride in.

All nations do and have done wrong to their peoples, but very often the people themselves past and present are at least in part to blame for their misfortune and the protesters in Hong Kong are a perfect example of that. The people of modernised China have good living standards and opportunities beyond the wildest dreams of their ancestors. By simply shutting up and accepting reality the people of Hong Kong can fully share in that and enjoy life.

So why don't they? It's Brexit style stupidity all over again, they want their own little bit of sovereignty, the chumps, so they hurt themselves trying and endanger their future.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
No it's neither.

It's accepting the responsibility for what we did and by taking the blame, expressing regret. This is an entirely decent thing to do and sets an example to others which we can have pride in.

All nations do and have done wrong to their peoples, but very often the people themselves past and present are at least in part to blame for their misfortune and the protesters in Hong Kong are a perfect example of that. The people of modernised China have good living standards and opportunities beyond the wildest dreams of their ancestors. By simply shutting up and accepting reality the people of Hong Kong can fully share in that and enjoy life.

So why don't they? It's Brexit style stupidity all over again, they want their own little bit of sovereignty, the chumps, so they hurt themselves trying and endanger their future.
That's a very naive view on China flecc. Read the Amnesty International report.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
No it's neither.

I believe we have acknowledged that Britain’s involvement with slavery was wrong. An official apology has been made. What more can be done, everyone is dead.

I don’t agree regarding Hong Kong. If they don’t want to be part of an evil, murderous, slavery utilising, genocide practicing regime which persecutes its political opponents, they have a right to say so.

FFS, you criticise our government for only putting one potato into a child’s food box. Do you think you should be put into a concentration camp and worked to death for holding such an anti-establishment view, like they do to people in China?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's a very naive view on China flecc. Read the Amnesty International report.
No it is not naive, it's reality.

I'm fully aware of the human rights situation in China but also aware of how so many of those suffering are doing that by choice through not accepting the reality of the state's policies.

Accept what the state says and obey their laws and they can live peaceful lives with growing advantages.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

I'm fully aware of the human rights situation in China but also aware of how so many of those suffering are doing that by choice through not accepting the reality of the state's policies.

Accept what the state says and obey their laws and they can live peaceful lives with growing advantages.
That's like blaming the Poles for not wanting to be invaded. Germans just wanted some more space. Not much to ask was it.
What about Tibet!?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

That's naive flecc. Read the reports. Guardian is normally believed on here.
How can you support a system that readily turns to forced Labour, sinicisation of religion and inhibition of human rights???

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don’t agree regarding Hong Kong. If they don’t want to be part of an evil, murderous, slavery utilising, genocide practicing regime which persecutes its political opponents, they have a right to say so.

FFS, you criticise our government for only putting one potato into a child’s food box. Do you think you should be put into a concentration camp and worked to death for holding such an anti-establishment view, like they do to people in China?
Wherever we find ourselves in the world we should live accordingly, that's as old as the bible dictum "When in Rome, live as the Romans do".

We live in a democracy which permits me to participate in debate on political matters, so I do. But if i was living in somewhere like the former East Germany I'd have the good sense not to. With either I'd end up living the best life available in that system as a reward for my compliance. That is how the world and our personal luck works, making the best of things and making our own luck.

Thats why in a separate example I'm supportive of the past Vichy government in France for doing just that, making the best of a terrible situation.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Wherever we find ourselves in the world we should live accordingly, that's as old as the bible dictum "When in Rome, live as the Romans do".

We live in a democracy which permits me to participate in debate on political matters, so I do. But if i was living in somewhere like the former East Germany I'd have the good sense not to. With either I'd end up living the best life available in that system as a reward for my compliance. That is how the world and our personal luck works, making the best of things and making our own luck.

Thats why in a separate example I'm supportive of the past Vichy government in France for doing just that, making the best of a terrible situation.
That's assuming you aren't Turkic Muslim unless of course you, d be happy being detained and persecuted. Or from Tibet.?
Suspect we went to war with Germany for less severe human rights violations. (Final solution wasn't being put into full swing until 41)
Screenshot_20210117_165101_com.android.chrome.jpg
???

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's like blaming the Poles for not wanting to be invaded. Germans just wanted some more space. Not much to ask was it.
What about Tibet!?
That's naive flecc. Read the reports. Guardian is normally believed on here.
How can you support a system that readily turns to forced Labour, sinicisation of religion and inhibition of human rights???
No, you read and try to understand what I'm posting, then think in more depth with a truly open mind instead of your accustomed very closed one. That might mean standing in Chinese shoes at times.

That is not defending or supporting what China does, it's simply accepting a reality which we cannot change, just as the so called victims need to do. The Tibetans who did that are getting on just fine and huge numbers have much better futures.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
No, you read and try to understand what I'm posting, then think in more depth with a truly open mind instead of your accustomed very closed one. That might mean standing in Chinese shoes at times.

That is not defending or supporting what China does, it's simply accepting a reality which we cannot change, just as the so called victims need to do. The Tibetans who did that are getting on just fine and huge numbers have much better futures.
Flecc
China have concentration camps, forced labour, forced abortion. You can't use phrase live and let live with that sort of thing going on.???

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's assuming you aren't Turkic Muslim unless of course you, d be happy being detained and persecuted. Or from Tibet.?

They don't have to be Muslims or Buddists, these are lifestyle options if they prefer to get hurt.

Once again, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do".

And thus enjoy the Roman life.

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
Hypocrit.
Your motives were utterly selfish. Give me the jab and I want my second before you get your first..
Had you really thought this method was dangerous you would not have participated. You summed your attitude up a few posts ago. "I have a right for my second jab".
Before NHS staff, doctors, teachers, police and god knows who else get their first.
Utterly, utterly selfish, petulent spoilt child with a sense of both self righteousness and entitlement. Pathetic.
I would truly be ashamed making your posts. It's appalling.
And BTW with world wide deaths now over 2 million gaols are going to be full of incompetent politicians of just about every creed. There will be nobody left in San Marino... All dead or locked up.
Idiot.
Jeezo, the piles must be nipping today.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc
China have concentration camps, forced labour, forced abortion. You can't use phrase live and let live with that sort of thing going on.???
Most in China don't suffer any of that and huge numbers live far better lives than their ancestors could have dreamed of.

Open your mind and consider why that is. It's because they have the choice.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Most in China don't suffer any of that and huge numbers live far better lives than their ancestors could have dreamed of.

Open your mind and consider why that is. It's because they have the choice.
We, ll have to agree to disagree on that flecc.
Think it's obvious many simply don't have the choice. Given free choice Hong Kong would be remaining democratic. Uighars, Mongolian, Muslims and gay folk don't have a choice. You can't wake up one morning and think "today, I, m not Mongolian".

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
concentration camps and forced labour have been practiced by so many countries. The context is China being one of our 'designated enemies' like Iran, Syria, Russia etc, Are we 100% sure of the information?
China say they want to reform the education and economy of the Uyghurs the same way they did with the Tibetans.
People forget the same 're-education camp' where detainees Tibetans were forced to work.
Think about the Aborigines. The same things happened there. Children got taken into care.
I don't condone concentration camps, forced labour, forced abortion though. We live in an imperfect world.

Advertisers