Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Oh dear. So the usual a little over 300 m/c road deaths will become well over 2000.

Someone will get the blame for that.
Agreed, motorcycles and public roads are almost incompatible. I love motorbikes, had one all my life but have never ventured on road on one.. Surprising how many road racers think same. Dad always insisted I could race one but couldn't have one on public roads.???
Its amazing that IOM TT is known to be most dangerous race in world, because of Kerbs, trees, leaves, walls, post boxes, pot holes, fences and dry brick walls.. Public roads have all that plus diesel on roads, kids, dogs and traffic going other way. Bit ironic really.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Carbon dioxide is not a green house gas???
I think these are same group as your link Chain Ring??(but your link appears now to be broken)
Some more of their opinions..
Screenshot_20210512_165236.jpg

Think there is a pattern emerging here Chain Ring.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Quick, someone tell Priti there is someone subverting our borders and getting to live here without coming close to meeting the Australian points system requirements.

Radovan Karadžić

• :D
Reactions: Nev and oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Statistics rather than bias might suggest otherwise.
UK now 15th in death rates per million World wide, likely soon to be 17th or 18th.(Poland,Croatia and, USA are all within a percent or so of our figure)
Does depend on one's idea of average I suppose, but in rank order on death rates for similar socio economic, demographic groupings... UK is in middle.. Sort of a median average performance,even viewed from dark side of the moon. Arguably of course.
It isn't over yet............................
And others like Sir David King don't share your view
]

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and oyster

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Agreed, motorcycles and public roads are almost incompatible. I love motorbikes, had one all my life but have never ventured on road on one.
In contrast I rode them on the roads from the age of 16 until I was 54, but you're right they are potentially very dangerous. Although I did come off on occasions in competition I managed all that riding on the roads without ever coming off or ever hurting myself. But that did need a far higher level of continuous concentration than is necessary in a car.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In contrast I rode them on the roads from the age of 16 until I was 54, but you're right they are potentially very dangerous. Although I did come off on occasions in competition I managed all that riding on the roads without ever coming off or ever hurting myself. But that did need a far higher level of continuous concentration than is necessary in a car.
It still does, I ride a Scooter quite often.

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: oyster and flecc

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Motorcycle sales are up 570% this April.
I've ordered a Triumph Street Triple R today should get it in a couple of weeks. I looked at getting an electric motorcycle but I think we are still a few years away from them becoming a reasonable option.

An electric bike with similar performance to the Triple would cost more than twice as much money, and would also weigh at least 60 kg more. I don't do enough miles (around 3000 per year) to ever be able to get my money back due to the low running costs of an electric bike.

A commuter doing perhaps 9 or 10k miles a year probably could consider buying an electric m/c and would eventually be in pocket money wise.

Here is a link to a picture of my new bike.
Street Triple R | For the Ride (triumphmotorcycles.co.uk)

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It isn't over yet............................
And others like Sir David King don't share your view
]
That will be the same David King who advised Govt to reduce tax on diesels because they were safer?
Don't think he, s particularly unbiased.
I agree an enquiry should go ahead but not before Pandemic has finished and not carried out by this chap's so called indies age. Its anything but.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree an enquiry should go ahead but not before Pandemic has finished and not carried out by this chap's so called indies age. Its anything but.
I agree, but also think why bother? They never do any good.

It's already said that it will take three years to report, which means 2025 at least.

By then everyone who wasn't seriously affected by it, which means the great majority, will have forgotten about it and moved on.

Look at how wonderful our newspapers have become since the Leveson inquiry. :rolleyes:

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
https://principia-scientific.com/lawyers-promise-nurember-trials-against-all-behind-covid-scam/ I only found this today, but it does confirm what many seem to doubt. Please READ it before leaping in the air.
So Global warming is also a scam?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I agree, but also think why bother? They never do any good.

It's already said that it will take three years to report, which means 2025 at least.

By then everyone who wasn't seriously affected by it, which means the great majority, will have forgotten about it and moved on.

Look at how wonderful our newspapers have become since the Leveson inquiry. :rolleyes:
It might appease some but you are right. Whatever findings enquiry finds protagonists from either side would deny its findings.
I do think something should be done to stream line system for next time because without doubt something similar will happen again. I, d hope we have learnt some lessons???

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
So Global warming is also a scam?
And vaccines for kids.. And moon landings.
Strange old world.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Thank God!

Men and women in the “no religion” group, and women identifying as “other religion”, had lower ASMRs for deaths involving COVID-19 compared with the Christian group.

Ah - maybe not then...

• Informative

Advertisers