Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
4 weeks minus 1 day .. got a call for my second Pfizer for for next Tuesday .. no panic , no big show, no convention centers just bang on schedule and in a shared surgery.
Near enough 10 weeks, and I got my second AZ yesterday.

Feel very similar to first dose - a bit out of it but nothing serious. My heart usually runs fast - since injection, it has been consistently lower than it has been in months (or longer). But perfectly reasonable numbers.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Near enough 10 weeks, and I got my second AZ yesterday.

Feel very similar to first dose - a bit out of it but nothing serious. My heart usually runs fast - since injection, it has been consistently lower than it has been in months (or longer). But perfectly reasonable numbers.
I had a slight sore arm for 24 hours or so the second time around, I seem to remember the first time the sore arm lasted a couple of days.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Thank God!

Men and women in the “no religion” group, and women identifying as “other religion”, had lower ASMRs for deaths involving COVID-19 compared with the Christian group.

Ah - maybe not then...
Being no religion or non Christian is fully compatible with being God Fearing ... actually nearly guarantees God Fearing ... 50 Million God Fearing Bible Belt Fundamentalists are certainly not Christian.

Reactions: oldgroaner

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The Church goers and Jehovas Witnesses I know are in behaviour probably least Christian people I know.
The JWs are always trying to out do each other to get on the 80k list of those to be saved. It's frightening what they believe. Seems odd to me that these so called Christians need a book to tell them how to behave and what morals to have.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
No surprises here. Part 54:

Good Law Project has uncovered remarkable evidence that a Tory Minister brought a former Chair of the Tory Party, a man who now runs a lobbying firm, into the heart of Government to work on the massive multi-billion PPE procurement process. Having got his feet under the table that former Chair lobbied to win PPE contracts for at least one, and possibly a number, of clients of his lobbying firm.

The Tory Minister is Lord Bethell. The former Tory Party Chair is Lord Feldman - once described as David Cameron’s oldest and best friend - and he worked for Bethell from 23 March to 15 May 2020. And his huge lobbying firm is Tulchan, whose client list includes Bunzl Healthcare.

Bunzl was given a £22.6m PPE contract by the Department for Health without any competition in April 2020, smack bang in the middle of the period Feldman was working with Bethell.

We fear these revelations just scratch the surface. We have seen Lord Feldman’s ‘Declarations of interest form’ and it contains a list of his other conflicts of interest. But Government has concealed these other names:

“some of our clients [Tulchan Communication LLP], as well as many other companies are offering assistance to the government during the covid-19 crisis. This includes [REDACTED], Bunzl, [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED]”.

NB: There is a company called
REDACTED LTD Company number 11310631 :)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
They tried to warn Hancock on Twitter at the time

And he ignored the warning causing mass deaths of the Elderly

• Informative

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
An alternative headline

British Police Mistake own van for a statue

Don't think even Police Scotland would mistake a van with "Home Office" and "Immigration Enforcement" written on it as their own. Scottish police vehicles inexplicably have "Poileas Alba" written on them.

• :D

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Don't think even Police Scotland would mistake a van with "Home Office" and "Immigration Enforcement" written on it as their own. Scottish police vehicles inexplicably have "Poileas Alba" written on them.
Even if they don't support Alex Salmond. :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
POLICE Scotland today unveiled a new logo with its name in Gaelic — despite just 1.1 per cent of the population speaking it.

The revamped force badge, which includes the title Poileas Alba, is meant to make the service “more accessible” and inclusive.
(Excepting to 98.9%)

From the Scottish Sun, 2/11/2018

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
POLICE Scotland today unveiled a new logo with its name in Gaelic — despite just 1.1 per cent of the population speaking it.

The revamped force badge, which includes the title Poileas Alba, is meant to make the service “more accessible” and inclusive.
(Excepting to 98.9%)

From the Scottish Sun, 2/11/2018
Don't know why Gaelic was chosen, far more people speak Scots in which case the vehicles should be emblazoned with "Ra Polis".

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers