Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
POLICE Scotland today unveiled a new logo with its name in Gaelic — despite just 1.1 per cent of the population speaking it.

The revamped force badge, which includes the title Poileas Alba, is meant to make the service “more accessible” and inclusive.
(Excepting to 98.9%)

From the Scottish Sun, 2/11/2018
I'm sure it will have the desired effect of giving the police arriving after the fighting outside the pub has stopped the reassurance that the locals won't think they're Sassenachs
That's where the " “more accessible” and inclusive." comes in:cool:

• :D
Reactions: wheeler and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Things are going to progress very rapidly now in the NI Protocol.... To the extent that it will be cancelled unilaterally . Edwin Poots has been made the new leader of the DUP. As previously reported, he has a difficulty in reconciling that the Earth is older than 6000 years . Previously he has boycotted meeting of the All Ireland council. He was also the person who created the disruption at NI ports last month, by withdrawing Agricultural Inspectors.
This is now a red flag issue for the EU.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Things are going to progress very rapidly now in the NI Protocol.... To the extent that it will be cancelled unilaterally . Edwin Poots has been made the new leader of the DUP. As previously reported, he has a difficulty in reconciling that the Earth is older than 6000 years . Previously he has boycotted meeting of the All Ireland council. He was also the person who created the disruption at NI ports last month, by withdrawing Agricultural Inspectors.
This is now a red flag issue for the EU.
And Joe Biden too!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Edwin Poots has been made the new leader of the DUP. As previously reported, he has a difficulty in reconciling that the Earth is older than 6000 years .
So from the bacteria in primordial "soup" to the Irish building a dwelling only took 1000 years?

Isn't evolution wonderful !! :D

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
So from the bacteria in primordial "soup" to the Irish building a dwelling only took 1000 years?

Ussher deduced that the first day of creation began on Saturday, October 22, 4004 BC, at . 6 pm.

How was it created at 6 pm? There wasn't an m for it to be six hours p!

Reactions: flecc

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
What do you all think about Universal Basic Income? Wales is going to set up a pilot scheme see link below. In theory it sounds like a good idea but I am not sure if it works in practice. Are there any countries anywhere in the world that have had one for a decent period of time?

I imagine the Daily Mail and similar organizations would hate it, and if it paid out a decent amount could the country afford it?

Here is the link
Wales to launch pilot universal basic income scheme | Universal basic income | The Guardian

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
What do you all think about Universal Basic Income? Wales is going to set up a pilot scheme see link below. In theory it sounds like a good idea but I am not sure if it works in practice. Are there any countries anywhere in the world that have had one for a decent period of time?

I imagine the Daily Mail and similar organizations would hate it, and if it paid out a decent amount could the country afford it?

Here is the link
Wales to launch pilot universal basic income scheme | Universal basic income | The Guardian
It is interesting. Am wondering what criteria they will use (assuming it goes ahead) to decide which area(s).

It might have very different costs and impacts on a poor area rather than a better off area.

• Informative
Reactions: Nev

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
I've long been all for one, combined with zero inheritance allowed, everything left at death going into the state kitty.

A truly equitable society with all starting from the same foundation.
I heartily agree. The fact that the majority of the electorate vote for a thick corrupt twat like boris (as opposed to Corbyn's vision of redistribution) who will "keep out those immigrants" ("who want our benefits innit?")say something about how well the average Englishman/woman think s/he will do in a meritocracy

Reactions: flecc and oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Nope.. Adam and Eve, came over to Co. Antrim 6000 years ago. There was no soup , primordial or otherwise , that's just godless propaganda . We popped into the ready to wear universe, just a God planned. God then spent ages and ages sticking fossils and bones and things deeper and deeper into the earth in order to confound the proud and magnify the humble. Obviously you down the back were not plating attention!.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Ussher deduced that the first day of creation began on Saturday, October 22, 4004 BC, at . 6 pm.

How was it created at 6 pm? There wasn't an m for it to be six hours p!
My theory is that it was a miserable wet afternoon in Armagh... Not an unusual occurrence, and the good Bishop , who was no idiot, was bored out of his trolley, so he did the addition. Never in a month of Sundays would he have expected anyone to believe in it.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Edwin Poots has been made the new leader of the DUP. As previously reported, he has a difficulty in reconciling that the Earth is older than 6000 years
What an idiot. Everyone knows the Earth and everything on it was created between 7 and 10 thousand years ago. How do fools like Poots and his 6000 years theory manage to get into such positions with that kind of flawed thinking?

Carbon dating carried out on pieces of wood found at the secret location of Noah’s ark shows it to be 4800 years old. The great flood didn‘t come until at least 3 thousand years after God created the Earth, so that blows Poots’ theory straight out of the water. He should do the maths and be led by the scientific evidence.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Lunatic fringe beliefs are on increase. Like most things we can blame Internet. Recently I was amazed to find 2 friends of mine are Jehovas Witnesses. Ordinary, hard working, seemingly normal people but read the stuff they buy into. Unbelievable... but not for some. I don't get it... You, d think with proliferation of science, technology and generally increased understanding of both, stuff like this would fade. Perhaps our soulless, God forsaken modern existence promotes some to look for faith, and it gets misplaced somehow.. Who knows... What I do know is that JH list of 144k chosen ones is going to be hard to get onto.. I won't make it..even if I joined the sect.I, ll stick with my attempted go at hedonistic(but caring??) lifestyle,and take my chances..

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Imagine if you will what may has evolved while this thread has been running......

Brexit!

I'm not impressed! o_O

Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Lunatic fringe beliefs are on increase. Like most things we can blame Internet. Recently I was amazed to find 2 friends of mine are Jehovas Witnesses. Ordinary, hard working, seemingly normal people but read the stuff they buy into. Unbelievable... but not for some. I don't get it... You, d think with proliferation of science, technology and generally increased understanding of both, stuff like this would fade. Perhaps our soulless, God forsaken modern existence promotes some to look for faith, and it gets misplaced somehow.. Who knows... What I do know is that JH list of 144k chosen ones is going to be hard to get onto.. I won't make it..even if I joined the sect.I, ll stick with my attempted go at hedonistic(but caring??) lifestyle,and take my chances..
I'll be needing to save a full row of seats nearest to the fire if you keep this up! :cool:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What an idiot. Everyone knows the Earth and everything on it was created between 7 and 10 thousand years ago. How do fools like Poots and his 6000 years theory manage to get into such positions with that kind of flawed thinking?

Carbon dating carried out on pieces of wood found at the secret location of Noah’s ark shows it to be 4800 years old. The great flood didn‘t come until at least 3 thousand years after God created the Earth, so that blows Poots’ theory straight out of the water. He should do the maths and be led by the scientific evidence.
It's simple really, his Sun Dial was running fast :oops:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
My theory is that it was a miserable wet afternoon in Armagh... Not an unusual occurrence, and the good Bishop , who was no idiot, was bored out of his trolley, so he did the addition. Never in a month of Sundays would he have expected anyone to believe in it.
They don't sell Guiness before 7 PM when the pubs open? that could be the answer..

Advertisers