Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Are you a vegaterian, or do you eat foods rich in salt,sugar and other nasty e numbers. I think you're really living up to your username here but excluding yourself because you neither drink nor take drugs, but fall flat on other sources that can cause health issues.
I do drink occasionally (I used to drink a lot in the past), and I've recounted my experience about people I've known and know. Your mileage will no doubt vary. No, I'm not vegetarian, yes I do eat fatty salty foods (in moderation). Making cannabis legal will lead to the UK to Idiocracy:

...just as it has already, in other parts of the world.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Apparently you do, or you wouldnt have made the inference.
The doctors my "Friends" consulted pointed to their use of cannabis as the cause, which is why I mentioned it. Nobody knows what causes ME, and doctors don't seem to agree that it's a physical disease. If you're convinced that cannabis is harmless, keep using it. I've had enough of debating this with you.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
The doctors my "Friends" consulted pointed to their use of cannabis as the cause, which is why I mentioned it. Nobody knows what causes ME, and doctors don't seem to agree that it's a physical disease. If you're convinced that cannabis is harmless, keep using it. I've had enough of debating this with you.
I dont smoke or use cannabis or drink beyond a tea spoons worth of rum in my morning coffee so a bottle lasts about 6 months.
I eat meat, but devoid of fat, I try to avoid pre cooked meals preferring fresh ingredients which I prepare myself.
My main food vice is cheese.
I also avoid holier than thou attitudes, and maybe there other people could take lessons from
Its that old proverb about throwing stones in glass houses.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Think you need to have some more research. Your premise cannabis doesn't cause psychosis is accepted to be generally true... But if you are in anyway susceptible to psychotic episodes Cannabis will find them. I had 30 years in Special Ed units with close links to both prison services and psychiatric wards... I can assure you cannabis lands many of its users in one or the other and often both. I had the unfortunate opportunity to try and help families involved, a common explanation was "they were fine until..." you get the drift.
Cannabis, especially in its modern form, simply is not the "soft" harmless drug many make it out to be. People claiming so are the lucky ones, with probably stable, well balanced, chemically stable minds. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case. Cannabis might not be the cause but it sure is a trigger and one to a set of circumstances that person would probably never have faced without dabbling.
And by the way its illegal. Eating cake, chocolate and fish and chips isn't. And neither is alcohol.
If you want to run risk of psychosis, lung cancer, throat cancer and various other issues... Get on with it. Good luck. But you really shouldn't be extolling it's virtues on here. But can't see you converting anyone... So better here than pushing drugs elsewhere.
And a cautionary tale.
Obviously in course of job I came across suppliers. One a very pleasant chap had much the same opinion as expressed by Andy and SW. He was a minor player but decided to go bigger. Police weren't "bothered" and he was "giving (actually selling) his product to those that wanted it".
He was right, police weren't bothered. But his larger, nastier competitors certainly were. They paid him a visit, smashed entire house up, nicked all his plants/equipment and gave him a month to leave.(at gunpoint) He could hardly go to Police could he. He went to Portugal. Honestly, a true story.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I dont smoke or use cannabis or drink beyond a tea spoons worth of rum in my morning coffee so a bottle lasts about 6 months.
I eat meat, but devoid of fat, I try to avoid pre cooked meals preferring fresh ingredients which I prepare myself.
I also avoid holier than thou attitudes, and maybe there other people could take lessons from
I'm only holier than thou when it comes to cannabis. With good reason, which won't be posted on any open forum.

I was hoping someone would comment on my username eventually, cheers!

Reactions: Zlatan

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Cheeese.... yum.....

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
But you extoll the virtues of cannabis.. Then tell us not to throw stones?? Are you sure you aren't smoking at the moment.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Apparently you do, or you wouldnt have made the inference.
Two old cannabis smoker friends - a couple - had ME at the same time. I asked them how they... y'know... were able to... y'know... They said "Very slowly". It's a cruel disease...

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
The nature of civilised debate is to identify and clarify any issues...
I have no qualms about requiring those engaged in proximity to vulnerable people being sacked if they don't take it.
This came up a few days ago and its been playing on my mind.
My thinking goes like this:

We now know that unfortunately, the current Covid Vaccines do not stop you catching Covid, nor do they stop you transmitting it to other people.
What they do seem to do is lessen the impact on the individual if you do catch it.

Wouldn't this means that if someone who is not vaccinated catches Covid, they would probably become ill, feel pretty bad, so they would hopefully stay at home in bed, not go to work, and thus not pass on the virus to 'vulnerable people'

Conversely, a care worker who HAS been vaccinated, can catch Covid, not get bad symptoms, (maybe not even realise they have it?), still go to work, and thus infect the 'vulnerable people'.

So specifically regarding the current Covid Jabs - Wouldn't this seem to indicate that its actually UNVACCINATED people that you'd want working in places like care homes, not Vaccinated ones?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

id say it is only a matter of time b4 it is the same over here to much money on the table to loose esp in tax.

tho it is one thing buying all the stuff and getting a good yield at the end every 3 months the ec ph ppm meter i used was 300 quid on its own.

and then the food on top this is just the booster jab when flowering lol

• Informative

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Are you a vegaterian, or do you eat foods rich in salt,sugar and other nasty e numbers. I think you're really living up to your username here but excluding yourself because you neither drink nor take drugs, but fall flat on other sources that can cause health issues.
Actually I am slowly dying of Industry related Asbestosis, and caring for my wife who is also slowly dying of advanced mixed Dementia.
I sleep sat up in chair because the fluid in my lungs means I wake up choking if I lie down.
Do you think giving up salt and sugar and "E" numbers will prove beneficial? :D
I must remember to give it a try
By the way the average age of death for males in Hull is 76.5 years and I am 77.5 years old.
Perhaps I can expect another twenty years or more if I'm careful?
Sorry I'm laughing, what else is there to do?
But I'm always willing to learn, are you?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Actually I am slowly dying of Industry related Asbestosis, and caring for my wife who is also slowly dying of advanced mixed Dementia.
I sleep sat up in chair because the fluid in my lungs means I wake up choking if I lie down.
Do you think giving up salt and sugar and "E" numbers will prove beneficial? :D
I must remember to give it a try
By the way the average age of death for males in Hull is 76.5 years and I am 77.5 years old.
Perhaps I can expect another twenty years or more if I'm careful?
Sorry I'm laughing, what else is there to do?
But I'm always willing to learn, are you?

Reactions: oldgroaner

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
How exactly do they calculate the quoted efficacy/effectiveness percentage?
When they come out and say something like "the Moderna vaccine is 95% effective", what exactly does that mean ??
Good question, I remember in the early days when they were providing the effective stats for Pfizer and then the AZ vaccine I did read an explanation of how they came up with the figures. Problem is I can't remember how they did it and I can't remember where I read it either so I can't provide a link.

Depending on who you listen to or what your read the effective stat can mean several different things. I tend to think of it this way, the vaccines are 90% effective at keeping people out of hospital. I don't know how effective they are at preventing you catching it in the first place. If I had to guess I suspect that figure would be around 65 to 70% perhaps even lower than that. A lot of these stats were produced when the original virus (the one from China) was present, even the Kent one had not started then. So now we have the Delta variant which is much more contagious than the original so I think the effective stat about catching it can't be anything like 90%.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Wouldn't this means that if someone who is not vaccinated catches Covid, they would probably become ill, feel pretty bad, so they would hopefully stay at home in bed, not go to work, and thus not pass on the virus to 'vulnerable people'
I can understand your logic here but think back to the very start of the pandemic. There was a cruise ship stuck in Japan because they had Covid on board and no one really knew what to do about the passengers. Eventually they let them off and dozens of them had had Covid but many of them couldn't believe they had had it because they had no symptoms at all.

My 13 year old grandson recently had Covid and he had no symptoms apart from a slight sore throat one evening which had gone by next morning when he got up. Most of his friends have now had it and most of them had no symptoms either.

I think I have read at least 30% of people who catch it have no symptoms and don't know they have it.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
My wife had a text today from a friend of hers (they both work for the NHS) to say she was isolation due to catching Covid (only mild symptoms) this friend had her booster a few weeks ago. This is the second person my wife knows personally that has now had the three jabs but has gone on to catch the virus.

I think the best way to think about the vaccines is that they do an excellent job of keeping you out of hospital if you catch the virus but they are not to be relied upon to stop you from catching it in the first place.

Things like social distancing, mask wearing in public places, good ventilation etc. are likely to be far more important things to consider than just having the booster.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't know how effective they are at preventing you catching it in the first place. If I had to guess I suspect that figure would be around 65 to 70% perhaps even lower than that.
Johnson and Johnson for their Janssen vaccine quoted 66%. Since that got approval around the same time on a similar basis, I suspected that was probably a more truthful overall figure, probably common to all.

So now we have the Delta variant which is much more contagious than the original so I think the effective stat about catching it can't be anything like 90%.
Indeed. The emergence of far more transmissible variants has rather blown it for the more extravagant percentage claims. I've always considered the main pharma contenders were in a race to claim the highest figure in the 90s percentile, in which truth was progressively sacrificed on the altar of commercial interests.

• Agree
Reactions: Nev

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

id say it is only a matter of time b4 it is the same over here to much money on the table to loose esp in tax.

tho it is one thing buying all the stuff and getting a good yield at the end every 3 months the ec ph ppm meter i used was 300 quid on its own.

and then the food on top this is just the booster jab when flowering lol

When this comes back from decoding it will probably come with a note recommending reference books on Cannabis poisoning.

Reactions: guerney

Advertisers