Brexit, for once some facts.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
£50 a gram last time i looked but anyone can buy a sword lol

don't blame me if it dont turn up lol ;)

and this is what happens if you dont do it right kaboom!

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Usually 1 in 10 end up in a mental ward (or prison) through cannabis use and it's mental mental effects,
I've had three friends die from alcohol abuse and zero die from taking cannabis.
Are you sure you're up there with your figures.
Or point of view. Because if thats the case shouldn't you be out protesting for the prohibition of alcohol.

• Informative
Reactions: daveboy

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yes, I was actually. If you must use illegal bikes on road (and elsewhere) and partake in illegal usage and distribution of outlawed drugs then you must have a certain degree of brain tissue damage to advertise fact on an open forum.
Especially so with the bike issue, since it's highly likely illegal usage of untaxed, uninsured, unregistered motor bikes (which is exactly what derestricted ebikes are) will see the use of legal pedelecs stopped. (we are already seeing this, how are National Park officials capable of differentiating, they aren't, so they ban the lot. Thanks)
If you must smoke, grow, distribute weed keep it to yourself. Same applies to illegal motorbikes.
As I said this is not the place for either. Mate.
Indeed not very wise when the police might think it's time to nail someone dumb enough to publicly flaunt illegal actions.
Stop poisoning yourself, it's addling your judgement.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I've had three friends die from alcohol abuse and zero die from taking cannabis.
Or point of view. Because if thats the case shouldn't you be out protesting for the prohibition of alcohol.
I believe 1 in 10 is correct - talking to people (students at the time) I've known who remained habitual users for over 20 years, at least one out of five have been sectioned; serious mental health issues. The others are depressed (various severities) with very strange entrenched views about the world, which haven't changed for decades, or they suffer from odd diseases like M.E. I can only talk to them every few years, and not for long... they get very upset and I hear exactly the same stories and views as last time, again (plus some accounts of hospitalisations).

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I haven't drunk alcohol since the last century and frankly like other drugs that half wits ingest, it should be reserved for industrial or medical purposes, not for addling minds already obviously incapable of dealing with life's stresses.
What is wrong with people who willingly poison themselves for kicks?

Reactions: guerney and Zlatan

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Oh dear, that video is age restricted - I'm obviously too young or old!
because you need to use butane gas to extract it but there are other ways if you look and why it looks like it does ;)

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I haven't drunk alcohol since the last century and frankly like other drugs that half wits ingest, it should be reserved for industrial or medical purposes, not for addling minds already obviously incapable of dealing with life's stresses.
After briefly flirting with alcohol at 18 years old I stopped and haven't touched it since.

What is wrong with people who willingly poison themselves
They foolishly took a good look at the world around them and despaired.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I believe 1 in 10 is correct - talking to people (students at the time) I've known who remained habitual users for over 20 years, at least one out of five have been sectioned; serious mental health issues. The others are depressed (various severities) with very strange entrenched views about the world, which haven't changed for decades, or they suffer from odd diseases like M.E. I can only talk to them every few years, and not for long... they get very upset and I hear exactly the same stories as last time, again.
I think you'll find mental health issue come from a range of areas, not just whether people smoke weed or not. To suggest otherwise and lamp all into that argument makes no sense at all.
As does you thought process that ME is cannabis based illness. A cyclist I know is an ME sufferer and also my Uncle, and neither take or took any drugs. Beyond have a drink that is. So maybe Alcohol is to blame eh ?. No of course not, there are other factors at work there.

because you need to use butane gas to extract it but there are other ways if you look and why it looks like it does
There have been a few cases recently of people making honey that way but did it in an enclosed kitchen which rapidly filled up with fumes and exploded wrecking the house and themselves. But i fear those individuals are more prone to accidents due to not having the presence of mind rather than being smokers.

I did see an ice bucket way of getting the scuff, but it looked quite complex and expensive so I can understand why they opt for the butane method.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
IMHO cannabis is much more likely to land more people in mental wards, faster. I now only drink at Christmas, but that's it - no more downing a half bottle of vodka at once: Whisky, Guinness, shiraz, sometimes real Cider.

Reactions: oldgroaner

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I think you'll find mental health issue come from a range of areas, not just whether people smoke weed or not. To suggest otherwise and lamp all into that argument makes no sense at all.
As does you thought process tha tME is canabis based illenss. A cyclist I know is an ME sufferer and also my Uncle, and neither take or took any drugs. Beyond have a drink that is. So maybe Alcohol is to blame eh ?. No of course not, there are other factors at work there.
ME is a medical mystery - so who the heck knows?

There are people who should never consume cannabis, it doesn't take much to cause lifelong mental health problems. I maintain it should remain illegal. It's an anti-smart drug, and wholly unsuited to modern life. That being said, I don't mind others choosing to use it - but it wil never be my choice of mind-altering recreation - I prefer reading science fiction, which is the only true mind-expanding drug (according to myself and Asimov).

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
What is wrong with people who willingly poison themselves for kicks?
Are you a vegaterian, or do you eat foods rich in salt,sugar and other nasty e numbers. I think you're really living up to your username here but excluding yourself because you neither drink nor take drugs, but fall flat on other sources that can cause health issues.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
As does you thought process tha tME is canabis based illenss. A cyclist I know is an ME sufferer and also my Uncle, and neither take or took any drugs. Beyond have a drink that is. So maybe Alcohol is to blame eh ?. No of course not, there are other factors at work there.

Theree have been a few cases recently of people making honey that way but did it in an enclosed kitchen which rapidly filled upp with fumes and exploded wrecking th e house and themselves. But i fear those individuals are more prone to accidents due to not having the presence of mind rather than being smokers.

I did see an ice bucket way of getting the scuff, but it looked quite complex and expensive so I can understand why they opt for the butane method.
Think you need to have some more research. Your premise cannabis doesn't cause psychosis is accepted to be generally true... But if you are in anyway susceptible to psychotic episodes Cannabis will find them. I had 30 years in Special Ed units with close links to both prison services and psychiatric wards... I can assure you cannabis lands many of its users in one or the other and often both. I had the unfortunate opportunity to try and help families involved, a common explanation was "they were fine until..." you get the drift.
Cannabis, especially in its modern form, simply is not the "soft" harmless drug many make it out to be. People claiming so are the lucky ones, with probably stable, well balanced, chemically stable minds. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case. Cannabis might not be the cause but it sure is a trigger and one to a set of circumstances that person would probably never have faced without dabbling.
And by the way its illegal. Eating cake, chocolate and fish and chips isn't. And neither is alcohol.
If you want to run risk of psychosis, lung cancer, throat cancer and various other issues... Get on with it. Good luck. But you really shouldn't be extolling it's virtues on here. But can't see you converting anyone... So better here than pushing drugs elsewhere.

Last edited:

Advertisers