Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
There’s something about the way people refer to him as Boris. Like he’s an acquaintance. You have done it in your post above. This is where he excels and it’s his greatest strength. Did we ever refer to previous Prime Ministers as, Theresa, David, Gordon, Tony, John, Margaret, Jim, Edward or Harold? We call this idiot Boris as though he’s a friend. How did that happen z? When he does something atrocious, we tend to say, “oh it’s only Boris, that’s what he’s like, the rascal.” It’s incredible and he gets away with it. He’s highly skilled in this area.
De Piffle or "The greased piglet" are my usual forms of address where he is concerned

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
De Piffle or "The greased piglet" are my usual forms of address where he is concerned
I prefer greased piglet because cameron (a man with an intimate knowledge of pigs) christened him thus and because theres a certain irony given the way king rat has become an unusually glaringly stuck pig

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I prefer greased piglet because cameron (a man with an intimate knowledge of pigs) christened him thus and because theres a certain irony given the way king rat has become an unusually glaringly stuck pig
Thing is though the Boris is our saviour propoganda machine hasn't been fired up yet. Noticed today infections are down to 88k (144k last sat), Boris' booster programme is still going and according to the BS, UK is in strongest position in Europe (and beyond) against Omicron... FTSE is rising slightly, pound is strong and Brexit is working. (honest)... Have a look at polls in a week or 2 when all this is pointed out to us in Mail and Express... Parties... Folk will think so what..
Said it before but had Boris' popularity waned because Starmer's had risen, it would be different... Starmer is up simply because Tories are down.
I suspect average voter will be led to believe Tories have done OK with Covid, Economy and Brexit...
And Boris is the most electable Tory.???

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I know it is a Saturday, but the UK news has been very quiet. Feels like things might be building up in the background. Maybe we'll see some interesting reports tomorrow? Or Monday.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Have a look at polls in a week or 2 when all this is pointed out to us in Mail and Express... Parties... Folk will think so what..
Said it before but had Boris' popularity waned because Starmer's had risen, it would be different... Starmer is up simply because Tories are down.
I suspect average voter will be led to believe Tories have done OK with Covid, Economy and Brexit...
the polls in 2 weeks will be worse for BJ than the polls this week.
If Sue Gray's report concludes that her boss has not broken any Covid rules, that will break public faith in the system.
If her report concludes that her boss has, then pressure will increase on BJ to act before he's pushed, a trick that John Major pulled to get rid of the 'bastards' in his cabinet.
BJ has tried hard even using covid isolation to avoid the journos. To use a three word slogan, 'lead or leave', and he is not leading, his authority is shred into next to nothing. Nobody will take him seriously, he will be reduced to just Boris the buffoon.
Accept that BJ is will not lead the tories to the next election.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
the polls in 2 weeks will be worse for BJ than the polls this week.
If Sue Gray's report concludes that her boss has not broken any Covid rules, that will break public faith in the system.
If her report concludes that her boss has, then pressure will increase on BJ to act before he's pushed, a trick that John Major pulled to get rid of the 'bastards' in his cabinet.
BJ has tried hard even using covid isolation to avoid the journos. To use a three word slogan, 'lead or leave', and he is not leading, his authority is shred into next to nothing. Nobody will take him seriously, he will be reduced to just Boris the buffoon.
Accept that BJ is will not lead the tories to the next election.
It's nothing to do with accepting it and all to do with how things play out... I actually said a little while ago BJ's days are numbered, just seems to me things are not as cut and dried as you suggest. If he was certainly going, he'd have gone already. Not sure the "investigation" will affect it... The results in Birmingham much more so.
You should visit a bookies, you aren't expressing opinions just telling us what will happen and apparently with 100% accuracy.
Not sure of numbers but I believe there needs to be over 50 letters of no confidence from ministers, so far they have had 2 confirmed and possibly a further 3.(unconfirmed) Things have got to get far worse for Johnson for it to be certain he's going. Starmer, Nandy and Rayner are convinced but notice the pattern Woosh.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Look at the 'save Boris' campaign.
who among conservatives do you see rallying around your Boris?
Most of BJ's ministers are doing just the opposite, distancing themselves from him.
as for 'Boris the most electable tory', he is no longer it, I am afraid.
Starmer is very acceptable for the PM job.
Labour has also very popular and competent people: Andy Burnham, Yvette Cooper, Ed Balls, Gordon Brown, the Miliband brothers, the Reeves sisters, David Blunket etc.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
They're stuck with Boris, and the furore over parties will blow itself out: Who will the Red Wall voters back for PM? Not a woman or Indian - Raabid? They might vote for a Raabid PM. :eek:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Look at the 'save Boris' campaign.
who among conservatives do you see rallying around your Boris?
Most of BJ's ministers are doing just the opposite, distancing themselves from him.
as for 'Boris the most electable tory', he is no longer it, I am afraid.
Starmer is very acceptable for the PM job.
Labour has also very popular and competent people: Andy Burnham, Yvette Cooper, Ed Balls, Gordon Brown, the Miliband brothers, the Reeves sisters, David Blunket etc.
You are dreaming again Woosh. Yes, agreed BJ might go... Might. Then again.. Might not.
Starmer has to get Labour in power, not next week, not with polls as they are but when Tories call the election. At least 2 years away.
Starmer will never be PM.

Screenshot_20220115_182937.jpg

Even whilst Starmer is infront of BJ in polls 56% of those questioned think he isn't pm material. (24% thought he was)
Starmer should resign, let alone BJ.
Come on Woosh, it's obvious. He just isn't a PM.
Screenshot_20220115_183713.jpg

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Most of lot should be hidden during the election campaign...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You are dreaming again Woosh. Yes, agreed BJ might go... Might. Then again.. Might not.
Starmer has to get Labour in power, not next week, not with polls as they are but when Tories call the election. At least 2 years away.
He reminds me of Blakey from "On The Buses", for some reason... Herr Starmer is missing the small square moustache. Weirdly, his lockdown drinking makes me like him, a very little tiny bit.

Reactions: Zlatan

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

View attachment 45361

Even whilst Starmer is infront of BJ in polls 56% of those questioned think he isn't pm material. (24% thought he was)
Starmer should resign, let alone BJ.
Come on Woosh, it's obvious. He just isn't a PM.
View attachment 45363
Herr Starmer is sticking to what he knows: Asking the Qvestions... I ASK THE QVESTIONSSS!! He's great at PMQ interrogations, but unless he pushes the boat out and ventures into programming a relatable, tangible personality into that AI he's hosting in his skull and overclocks, his rating will remain flat to all but regular Labour voters like me.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I mean... look at this:

True to form, grammar Nazi Herr Starmer has pored over the small print - it's like he's aiming to win a General Election through some technicality, administrative process, or something. It's exasperating! :rolleyes: Bloody lawyers... :mad:

Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
There are low release types of Aspirin , which will not cause the same stomach irritation..I am required to take it daily to help thin the blood.
I eat raw gartlic (three finely chopped cloves) every day for the same reason, it's supposed have a similar blood thinning effect - plus masses of spinach, because Popeye can't be wrong (contains high quantities of nitrates, and a plant based steroid banned for Olympic athletes, albeit at much higher qunatities than one would normally get from eating spinach).

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Thing is though the Boris is our saviour propoganda machine hasn't been fired up yet. Noticed today infections are down to 88k (144k last sat), Boris' booster programme is still going and according to the BS, UK is in strongest position in Europe (and beyond) against Omicron... FTSE is rising slightly, pound is strong and Brexit is working. (honest)... Have a look at polls in a week or 2 when all this is pointed out to us in Mail and Express... Parties... Folk will think so what..
I don't think the exquisitely timed drip feeding of information about the doings at nr 10 (just enough to build momentum) is an accident, do you? Nor do I think its the end of it (in fact it's probably the very tip of the slushberg). Don't want to sound like sherlock, but it does all smack of revenge, and an inside job that will have run its course once boris has gone.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I don't think the exquisitely timed drip feeding of information about the doings at nr 10 (just enough to build momentum) is an accident, do you? Nor do I think its the end of it (in fact it's probably the very tip of the slushberg). Don't want to sound like sherlock, but it does all smack of revenge, and an inside job that will have run its course once boris has gone.
I agree - no accident at all.

How many will end up looking (even more) complete idiots by not denouncing him? Each extra revelation makes everyone else look blind, stupid, complacent, even corrupt in their own right.

(They might be all those things anyway, of course.)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
"I can only see castles" Cummings? Or is it the Tory PM wannabes? My sense is that it'll blow over; frivoloty will be forgiven, financial incompetence or sleaze of various flavours punished (if revealed and substantial). Perhaps the right wing press are struggling to sell papers during the pandemic? If so, they'll play ball again well before the GE.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
"I can only see castles" Cummings? Or is it the Tory PM wannabes? My sense is that it'll blow over; frivoloty will be forgiven, financial incompetence or sleaze of various flavours punished (if revealed and substantial). Perhaps the right wing press are struggling to sell papers during the pandemic? If so, they'll play ball again well before the GE.
Disagree with you there. They all know that following him uncritically for the next two years could totally sink their careers.

E.g.

Tory MPs will be ready in sufficient numbers to force Boris Johnson out of Downing Street within weeks if he tries to dodge responsibility for rule-breaking parties at No 10, the Observer has been told.

While most Conservative MPs say they are waiting for a report into so-called “partygate” by the senior civil servant Sue Gray before deciding the prime minister’s fate, large numbers admit privately that their minds are effectively made up and that they are merely observing “due process”.

Advertisers