Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
BBC at moment. Quiz show. Contestants, a gay, a black woman, an extremely fat woman and a weirdo. Yep very typical of population.
We, re all being brainwashed.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

every film and tv show for free :p
With those websites, you're well advised to use a VPN and never store shows on your device. I generally watch youtube for news read a lot online and physical books, hate ebooks. VICE news (on Youtube), Motherboard, The Register, all the international news sites etc.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you dont download anything as all films ect streamed to ur device these days all you need is a pop up blocker and good to go ;)

the rest are here

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
BBC at moment. Quiz show. Contestants, a gay, a black woman, an extremely fat woman and a weirdo. Yep very typical of population.
We, re all being brainwashed.
What's normal anyway? Normal for Pateley Bridge is pretty abnormal for most of London.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
you dont download anything as all films ect streamed to ur device these days all you need is a pop up blocker and good to go ;)

the rest are here

You'd be surprised at who watches your traffic when you're using those, or in fact any other website- HMRC, NASA, a multitude of dodgy entities - try this and see:

...plus a decent VPN which doesn't log traffic, and has been tested in court for not revealing user indentities. Pay with Bitcoin and use Tor anonymous email to register.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they dont go after the users they go after the sites url and take that to court to try shut them down but as soon as they do that they change the url and the site is back.

been using primewire for over ten years now never had a problem but dont use the download sites and never had a letter from virgin to say stop it lol

• Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
they dont go after the users they go after the sites url and take that to court to try shut them down but as soon as they do that they change the url and the site is back.

been using primewire for over ten years now never had a problem but dont use the download sites and never had a letter from virgin to say stop it lol

Yep, P2P is well avoided, where technically youre distributing to thousands of users and committing thousands of copyright offences within seconds... streaming Adobe Flash has a streaming component; online streaming sites might use similar equivalents using JAVA, Javascript etc. to reduce server costs.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Oddly though, one week BBC, perhaps inadvertently, are helping Boris (pushing his Booster programme, exaggerating severity of Omicron) and next week telling us all Boris should resign.
It's called balance, both sides of the story. The price of that fairness is that it doesn't suit anyone with a bias, which is most people.

BBC are now no better than likes of Mail, Express, Guardian etc etc.. Equally as biased, probably more so. Utterly shocking.
Strongly disagree, see above.

And the whole woke thing is totally out of hand. Watch adverts now. Everyone of them... Mixed race families, fat, gay or some ethnic minority. Ordinary folk have disappeared.
Here in London at least, they are the ordinary people, barely over 40% are white British born and even they are often of recent foreign descent, like me. The advertisers know their business and aim the ads very accurately, constantly measuring the returns.

If you want to see what the government's proposed public broadcasting service will be like, just look at the US version here in the PBS schedule

It makes what the BBC do look excellent by any standards.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
What's normal anyway? Normal for Pateley Bridge is pretty abnormal for most of London.
It's not actually the normality it's the obvious fact it's designed by planners to be that way.
It's our entire network now. Watch adverts, watch programmes.... Unfortunately it's one of those things once you, ve spotted it,you can't unnoticed it. Watch adverts tonight. Yep, mixed race families, gay folk, ethnic minorities etc are perfectly normal but entirely over represented on TV.. Osman tonight, as I said earlier. A gay bloke, a black woman, a fat woman and Rufus weirdo. Tick boxing... Yes, we, ve had a gay, a black and a fat woman on TV now..

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You'd be surprised at who watches your traffic when you're using those, or in fact any other website- HMRC, NASA, a multitude of dodgy entities - try this and see:

...plus a decent VPN which doesn't log traffic, and has been tested in court for not revealing user indentities. Pay with Bitcoin and use Tor anonymous email to register.
as reckon VPN etc won't make much difference. Your browser(s) and plug-ins store enough thumbnails in the temp folder to act as breadcrumbs to what you have viewed not counting the system registry and hundreds of log files.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It's not actually the normality it's the obvious fact it's designed by planners to be that way.
It's our entire network now. Watch adverts, watch programmes.... Unfortunately it's one of those things once you, ve spotted it,you can't unnoticed it. Watch adverts tonight. Yep, mixed race families, gay folk, ethnic minorities etc are perfectly normal but entirely over represented on TV.. Osman tonight, as I said earlier. A gay bloke, a black woman, a fat woman and Rufus weirdo. Tick boxing... Yes, we, ve had a gay, a black and a fat woman on TV now..
Glad I don't watch adverts, don't watch TV, don't own one... have noticed more lesbians in my normal life, but only when trying to chat them up. If I'm lucky, they're bisexual. ;)

• :D
Reactions: Zlatan

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It makes what the BBC do look excellent by any standards.
it's one of the very few world beating areas that we have. Now Dorries has vandalised it, starting by cutting its budget in the remaining of this parliament. She will force it to be commercial and get it ready for sale.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
as reckon VPN etc won't make much difference. Your browser(s) and plug-ins store enough thumbnails in the temp folder to act as breadcrumbs to what you have viewed not counting the system registry and hundreds of log files.

Which is where an induction cooker for your hard drives comes in handy, I expect, while black helicopters hover overhead, your steel door is being bashed in and your pitbulls are barking frothing at the mouth and straining on the leash... or use a RAMdrive. But it's less hassle simply reading news websites...

• :D
Reactions: Zlatan and Woosh

Mrs Honeyman

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2021
I have been watching the debate Nadine Dorries vs Lucy Powell. Both were quite good performers but I like Lucy Powell better.
Dorries does a pretty good job at hinting at the future of the BBC being broken up, a small core of public broadcasting will be publicly funded, the consequence of this policy is millions of us will move to other commercial channels.
Her excuse is the 5 people who were jailed for not paying the TV license.
The distribution of news will end up completely under the control of mega wealthy people who think they aren’t rich enough. That will suit the Conservatives.
Dorries is as thick as a turd.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
.. or use a RAMdrive
that reminds me... I made a 128k RAM board for the ZX81 and wrote the code for a RAM drive for the Zilog Z80 chip in 1982. There should still be some pictures of it somewhere on the internet. I did the same for the BBC Micro model B in 1983 but this time for the 6502 chip. You load software from cassette or ROMs into the Ram drive and the code will run from there. Talking about piracy...

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
How is your experiment progressing? Have you successfully evaded Omicron?
Thank you for asking .. and Yes is the answer. Our son is back at work , having had two consecutive negative LFTs as per protocol and waiting the requisite time. Nobody else in the house has got it . I am not even bothering to use the stash of LFTs since we have felt no worse following the two we have done to date. I actually attribute it all to my wife and the protocol we / she adopted. Fairly strict quarantine of Son. Using dishwasher on high temperature for all table ware. Rubber gloves. Masks in car if ferrying him, separate room and about 4 metre separation for meals , heavy ventilation after meals .
We are convinced it was Delta because he lost all smell and only had rudimentary taste most of the time ..both senses recovered at time of the second LFT
And of course the treble jabs worked for us.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
that reminds me... I made a 128k RAM board for the ZX81 and wrote the code for a RAM drive for the Zilog Z80 chip in 1982. There should still be some pictures of it somewhere on the internet. I did the same for the BBC Micro model B in 1983 but this time for the 6502 chip. You load software from cassette or ROMs into the Ram drive and the code will run from there. Talking about piracy...
Very cool re: Ramdrive! I was too poor for a Spectrum, but my later aqcuired ZX81 still runs my central heating system, every old machine I still own justifies it's existence, mostly.

Reactions: Woosh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The distribution of news will end up completely under the control of mega wealthy people who think they aren’t rich enough. That will suit the Conservatives.
Dorries is as thick as a turd.
We'll see more of the billionaire class in politics, they get bored.

Reactions: Mrs Honeyman

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Thank you for asking .. and Yes is the answer. Our son is back at work , having had two consecutive negative LFTs as per protocol and waiting the requisite time. Nobody else in the house has got it . I am not even bothering to use the stash of LFTs since we have felt no worse following the two we have done to date. I actually attribute it all to my wife and the protocol we / she adopted. Fairly strict quarantine of Son. Using dishwasher on high temperature for all table ware. Rubber gloves. Masks in car if ferrying him, separate room and about 4 metre separation for meals , heavy ventilation after meals .
We are convinced it was Delta because he lost all smell and only had rudimentary taste most of the time ..both senses recovered at time of the second LFT
And of course the treble jabs worked for us.
Glad to hear it! I feared the worst, when you went quiet for a few days. Sounds like you took thorough precautions... maybe your son will move out eventually?

Advertisers